style of dress Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Janet23

Festive Builder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:19 pm
Ok lately I have been getting a lot of grief about this and I wanted opinions from others about this.

With style of clothes such as goth, rocker, punk, and emo in my experience is seen as a problem unless involved in christian music but even then that still comes under fire. I personally like these styles and wear them around my Christian university. Now in saying this I don't live the lifestyle that some who wear these styles. The one thing that I've always gotten though when wearing this was that I either was a back sliding christian or i wasn't a christian at all. This coming from people I know who say they are Christian or people that I don't even know. I personally see no issue with wearing a lot of black, chains and what not and don't believe it makes me any less of a Christian. What are your thoughts on Christian's wearing black, those style of clothes, and black being seen as something that is evil or ungodly.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:57 pm
In my oppion wearing such clothes doesn't make you less of a christian in fact just by wearing them you might be able to reach out to other and tell them about Christ and lead them into salvation~! It doesn't matter what you wear it matters where your heart is.  

butterfly_kiss14492

devouri2

Friendly Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:09 pm
what about crossdressing? is that bad?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:00 am
who cares? it doesnt matter whats on your back, only whats in your heart. i wear alot of black and earth tones, most people who know me though still assume im pagan, but honestly it doesnt matter what they or anyone else thinks, clothes dont make faith  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:46 am
devouri2
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

what's crossdressing?

i agree, it's the heart that really matters.
but yeah you know... the heart is allways reflected in your look. i mean, don't wear freaky shirts sayin "f* you" or something worse that goes against your beliefs if you know what i mean.

also, the clothes you wear offers feelings to others, so if you're concerned about what to wear and are searching for reasons to wear this or that, think about our personality and what you want to transmit trough your look to others.

i usually wear very common clothes, like dark blue jeans and a black or whatever shirt. i rather use no color (black gray or white) to avoid contact. but as long as the color isn't shocking or calling, i'm fine (and of course, as long as the clothes are comfortable, i'm fine).

so there's my oppinion and experience.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:43 am
People like to judge as if they were Christ. Don't listen to them. It doesn't make you any less of a Christian.

I dress like a metalhead, and I'm still Christian. Honestly, I don't really care what other people say about me either.  

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:05 am
Luna Wolfgang
devouri2
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

what's crossdressing?

but yeah you know... the heart is allways reflected in your look. i mean, don't wear freaky shirts sayin "f* you" or something worse that goes against your beliefs if you know what i mean.

also, the clothes you wear offers feelings to others, so if you're concerned about what to wear and are searching for reasons to wear this or that, think about our personality and what you want to transmit trough your look to others.

i usually wear very common clothes, like dark blue jeans and a black or whatever shirt. i rather use no color (black gray or white) to avoid contact. but as long as the color isn't shocking or calling, i'm fine (and of course, as long as the clothes are comfortable, i'm fine).

cross dressing is wear a girl wears mens clothes and men wear womens clothes  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:34 am
Shanna66
Luna Wolfgang
devouri2
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

what's crossdressing?

♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

ow!... then i think crossdressing is weired cause people assume themselves in everything they do, including and above all in their own look. so a guy wearing girl's clothes and a girl wearing guy's clothes is assuming something against their own nature (now there are skirts for men and pants for wemen, but that's already different... and there are also clothes for both).  

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:40 am
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩
but i agree, whatever you dress, it doesn't make you less of a christian!
(but well, i wouldn't dress a shirt saying "im satanic").  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:27 am
Luna Wolfgang
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩
but i agree, whatever you dress, it doesn't make you less of a christian!
(but well, i wouldn't dress a shirt saying "im satanic").

yea that's true. Usually if I am wearing a graphic shirt it's of a cartoon or something with a christian saying/ christian rock band but that's me.

And I don't care what people say and i don't believe it doesn't. With the dressing with the mood you're feeling I understand that and practice it with my decisions in clothes. I'll still wear the same stuff but if it's not ironed or torn then usually you can tell I'm not in a good mood but if they are ironed then that's a good sign.

Next for using it as a way to minister (so should have just quoted them all xD) There have been times where I've gone out with friends and we'll meet someone that dresses like me but doesn't believe in Christ and will want to talk to me more because I'm dressed like them. Even had a experience where the girl said she found me more understanding of her situation and comfortable because of the way I was dressed.  

Janet23

Festive Builder

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:22 am
Luna Wolfgang
Shanna66
Luna Wolfgang
devouri2
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

what's crossdressing?

♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

ow!... then i think crossdressing is weired cause people assume themselves in everything they do, including and above all in their own look. so a guy wearing girl's clothes and a girl wearing guy's clothes is assuming something against their own nature (now there are skirts for men and pants for wemen, but that's already different... and there are also clothes for both).

i dont think clothing has anything to do with our nature really. we made clothes, god didnt. i wear men's clothes alot because they are comfortable and alot of the time better quality than alot of women's clothing for the same price. as long as your happy with what your wearing and your shirt doesnt say something horrible or your wearing the most skanky outfit you can find i dont care what people wear  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:39 pm
I meant the guy way but so it's alright then either way? and um if it's alright can someone give me advice  

devouri2

Friendly Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200

Mr Baton

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:26 am
Here's one way to think of why wearing dark clothes doesn't matter. Look at preists... they practically wear all black. And i agree with what others say. Off topic, i think gays are against the church... how bout yall?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:07 pm
Heh Baton you do have a good argument!
If someone bothers you about wearing black you can tell them this smile
I personally know a great pastor (of a protestant church) whose favourite colour is black and he wears it frequently (and it's his own choice, it's not a part of any "uniform" like e.g. the Catholic church has).  

Ametrin

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:05 pm
Shanna66
Luna Wolfgang
Shanna66
Luna Wolfgang
devouri2
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

what's crossdressing?

♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

i dont think clothing has anything to do with our nature really. we made clothes, god didnt. i wear men's clothes alot because they are comfortable and alot of the time better quality than alot of women's clothing for the same price. as long as your happy with what your wearing and your shirt doesnt say something horrible or your wearing the most skanky outfit you can find i dont care what people wear
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

i don't mean it has to do with your nature, i mean you affirm yourself.
a girl wearing men's clothes, nowadays at least, it's seen as normal. i had a phase in my life where i used to wear very large clothes because i was ashamed of my body, for example. assumed shame. now i wear normal clothes (if a boy's pants is comfortable and fits me, i'll wear it and even if i don't care what people hink, it's fine anyway for everyone. it's the impression i pass: "fineness" - even if i don't care, i repeat)
now a boy wearing girl's clothes, in this society it's at leats not very normal. and even if the boy doesn't care of what people think, it doesn't mean that the impression he'll give wont be "look mommy that guy is gay!" now if a boy doesn't care if people think that, then fine. that's with him, rally. but he is - fact - assuming that he doesn't care if people think he's gay.
it's just this what i mean.

in my last post i reffered own nature in a sentence where i was trying to say "a person assumes thyself".  
Bible Questions and Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff