Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Player's Paradise

Back to Guilds

A good humored, semi-lit role playing guild that's open to any and all ideas! 

Tags: Role Playing, Semi-Lit, Friendly, Active, Shennanegins 

Reply Public Role Play Area
The Blood of Demons, and the Steel of Samurai. -Accepting- Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:35 pm
There was once a tale of war and survival told to every child as they grew to remind them of the past.
A story of Demons and Samurai.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Many years ago, back in the Feudal Era of Japan, humans and Demons fought one another for supremacy over the lands. These wars left thousands dead, as well as countless to suffer the aftermath.

No one knows where the demons first came from, but they came in vast hordes, and in many varieties. Some based off of animals, others straight out of nightmare.

While many of the Demons were too powerful for normal men, one group was capable of eradicating the demonic tide one by one.

Samurai.

This is a tale of the Samurai who fought with all they had to stem the tide of evil.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:43 pm
Rules

•Spellcheck.

•No Godmoding.

•I'm not even going to bother with a 'No Cybering' rule...I'm hoping SOME OF US can be MATURE.

•While Demons are seen as evil, some can fight alongside man, so those kind of characters can exist.

•PM Profiles to me if you wish to join.

•I reserve the right to add more rules.  

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:55 pm
Character Types

Humans- The original inhabitants of the lands.

Demons- While most are murderous invaders, some are more likely to aid humankind.

Half-Breeds- The offspring of a Human and a Demon. Seen as either a great stride towards peace in a society, or a scourge.

Character Skeleton

Username: -Obvious-
Name: -Obvious-
Type: Human, demon, or Half-Breed?
Appearance: A link, please.
Profession/Class: If human, what they do. Not all were Samurai. If Demon, what KIND of demon? Half-Breeds fit both bills.
Equipment: What do they carry?
Extra: Anything else?
Theme: A tune that fits them.
Quote: A saying that fits them.

Characters

Username: Zahzi.
Name: Tosai Fuma. Most refer to him only by his last name. Only his friends would call him by his first name.
Type: Human?
Appearance: Fuma.
Profession/Class: Full-Fledged Samurai.
Equipment: Full-Plate Other-worldly Samurai Armor, Yet no Katana.
Extra: There is nothing inside the armor, yet it moves on its own. Fuma is no longer among the world of the living. He died defending humanity from the Demon hordes when their Lord took the field. While he went in with a full backing of nine other Samurai, he alone fought with Recht. The battle was close and vicious, but Recht prevailed due to Trickery.
But, because of his sacrifice, the demon horde, along with its Lord, fell back from the village it was planning to raze. Whether it was a code of honor, or a lack of energy from the fight, they left it alone.
He was later revived by the town's lord, Arashi Yamamoto, as thanks for protecting a town that was not his own. With nowhere else to go, and all of his friends dead, he remained in that village.
Theme: M. I. A.
Quote: "A Samurai's strength is not founded by brute force- But it CERTAINLY HELPS."

Name: Recht.
Type: Demon.
Appearance: Recht.
Profession/Class: Fearmonger.
Equipment: Only what is seen in the picture; All other equipment can be created out of pure darkness.
Extra: Recht is the Lord of the Demonic horde invading the mortal realm. He appears to be on a Crusade to humanity's eradication for nothing more than something comparable to exterminating cockroaches. He once had a skirmish with Tosai Fuma, but killed him after a long fight, using fear against him. Due to the scuffle, he was wounded and ordered his minions to retreat for him to recover.
Theme: Panic Attack.
Quote: "Humanity must perish. For they are nothing but vermin."

Name: Zero.
Appearance: Zero.
Profession/Class: Nether-Demon.
Equipment: He doesn't seem to carry ANYTHING...But has a zipper on the right side of his chest that goes down to his left hip.
Extra: Zero's very existence is a mystery. He's not in league with the Demons, as he ruins a good amount of their plans, yet does the same to the humans for his own amusement...He seems to be in an alignment of his own...
Theme: I Can't Decide.
Quote: "Where's the fun if I just let things go normally??"

Name: Jari.
Appearance: Jari.
Profession/Class: Chaos Demon.
Equipment: Except for the odd clothing he wears, all he carries is a Tanto, a smaller version of a Katana which can be hidden.
Extra: Jari has no memories of his family. His first memories were that of him walking through a demonic forest alone. After months, maybe years of this, he heard a wailing from deeper inside the forest. He went to where it came from, and found a small Ogre surrounded by the bodies of two adult ogres, and seven unrecognizable demons. Feeling both pity for the Ogre, as he was alone like him, and admiration, for decimating the attacking demons on his own.

He took the demon with him and treated him like a brother, calling him 'Yorg', as it seemed to fit for an Ogre...And because the Ogre liked it the most...The previous names like 'Whitly', 'Little b*****d', and 'Humongo' the the runner-ups.

Jari was one of the nine Samurai who defended the village along with Fuma. He survived by using his ability to 'disappear'.
Theme: Sound of Madness.
Quote: "Sure, Yorg seems harmless, but he....Wait...What the ******** am I saying..?"

Name: Yorg.
Appearance: Yorg.
Profession/Class: Ogre.
Equipment: Nothing but a basic garb to keep him from being naked, and a helmet.
Extra: Yorg was found in a demonic forest by Jari after he and his parents were ambushed by feral demons looking for a meal. His parents were killed instantly, but Yorg went into a rage, beating them all to unrecognizable heaps of flesh.

After Jari took him under his wing, Yorg saw him like an older brother and became very loyal to him...As well as protective. If anyone were to harass Jari, the next thing they would see was Yorg's fist....

He too was one of the nine Samurai, and survived because none of the Demonic minions of Lynch could even harm him. ALSO one of the reasons they fell back.
Theme: Break Stuff.
Quote: "When I smash? Me like smashing..."

Username: Randomly Gone Insane
Name: Akari Yamamoto
Type: Human
Appearance: Akari
Profession/Class: Healer and Samurai in training.
Equipment: Basic Samurai armor and a katana.
Extra: Once the village healer, Akari now takes on the role of her village's samurai defender. The role was originally filled by her father, the village lord, but he lost his arm in an intense battle against a powerful demon trying to raze the village, leaving him incapable to continue fighting. Unfortunately, this left the village defenseless. With the little training she had received from her father during the slower days of life, Akari took on his armor, sword, and former role as the village defender.
Theme:
Quote: "If I'm going to die, I want to die with honor."

Name: Arashi Yamamoto
Appearance: Arashi
Profession/Class: Ex-Samurai, Village Lord
Equipment: Though his fighting days officially ended, Arashi still carries a b*****d sword within his castle should the need arise. He carries nothing else, as it has all been given to his daughter.
Extra: Although his daughter is the most trained person in his village, Arashi still worries for his daughter's life on a constant basis, and quietly disapproves of her new profession. However, his duties as a village lord - and love as a father - keep him silent. His lordship silences him because the concerns of his people must come above all else, and his fatherhood silences him as he does not want to dishonor his own daughter.
Theme: Your Guardian Angel
Quote: "While I am concerned for my people as a lord, I am more concerned for my daughter as a father whose has failed to do what he has sworn - protect his family."

Name: Kagu
Type: Demon
Appearance: Kagu
Profession/Class: Shape Shifter
Equipment: An old and mysterious scythe
Extra: Kagu is not affiliated with either side of the Human-Demon war. She does not kill humans for the pleasure, or for the simple job of wiping them off the earth, but she does not aid the humans against her cruel brethren. She is just merely living her life out on the mortal plane.
Theme:
Quote: "The morals, rights, and wrongs are pitiful mortal things. Things that do not concern me."

Name: Hael
Type: Half Breed
Appearance: Hael
Profession/Class: Shape Shifter; Traveler
Equipment: N/A
Extra: Normally deathly quiet, Hael follows her mother as she and her mother had been rejected by the village which her father lived in. She does not interact much with anyone she and her mother come across, as many people seem to not sit well with the idea of a Half-Breed.
Theme:
Quote:

Name: Amaya
Type: Demon
Appearance: Amaya
Profession/Class: Shura
Equipment: N/A
Extra: The proud Shura race are the descendants of dragons, and their culture encourages the development - and liberal use - of power. Male Shura embody physical might, while female Shura emphasize the power of charisma through their seductive wiles. Shura tend to be quick to action and look for the quickest solution to problems - which is often physical retaliation. Adopting this "eye for an eye" mentality can be a drawback, but there is a sense of basic effectiveness to it. Since the Shura are no strangers to aggression and love a good fight, they're honor-bound to respect greater power - even if grudgingly.
When a Shura reaches the peek of their power, they can transform into one of their Dragon ancestors, a power only gifted to a small handful.
Amaya is one of those few who can transform into a dragon. [1] [2]
Theme: War
Quote: “He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.”

Name: 'Scotty'; Real name unknown, just tells people to call him Scotty.
Age: Unknown; Assumed to be in late twenties, early thirties
Appearance: Scotty
Profession/Class: Traveling Warrior
Equipment: A Claymore and a Bagpipe
Extra: Scotty comes from a distant land, which he only calls "The Highlands". No one knows where the "Highlands", or even how he arrived. Not very much is known at all, just that's he a crazy man with a funny accident, and a personality that's stranger than the demons.
Theme: A tune that fits them.
Quote: "The tree doesn't always fall at the first stroke."

Username: cptflint
Name: Yuki Sannada
Appearance: Yuki
Profession/Class: Samurai
Equipment: Cross spear
Extra: Yuki has always been a front lines warrior even before he became a true samurai. After most of his clansmen were slaughtered by demons and their powerful magic, it's a wonder he even survived. With nothing really left to fight for he started to wander hell bent on stopping the demons that destroyed his clan.
Theme: Upside Down Kingdom
Quote: "The only honor you have left is at the tip of my spear!"

Name: Hanzo
Appearance: Hanzo
Profession/Class: Ninja
Equipment: Chained Kama
Extra: Hanzo was once part of a clan of ninja loyal to the Tokugawa. Do to a change in opinions, and lack of pay, Hanzo started selling his skills to the highest bidder. With the demons starting to pop up all over the place even more jobs started to come with them as more and more wanted the bad ones gone. For the money being payed to him he was more then happy to kill of the beasts.
Theme: The Darkest Nights
Quote: "The shadows are my only companion"

Name: Jin/Win
Type: Half demon
Appearance: Jin / Win
Profession/Class: Half Babau demon, natural assassins.
Equipment: Identical Katanas.
Extra: Impossibly strong and tough for their size, babau demons are the perfect assassins. These twin half breeds share many of their traits, mainly the strength and toughness along with being incredibly resistant to poison and most destructive magics. They are completely immune to electrical damage. They are also resistant to normal weapons unless they are blessed or made of a special type of iron not of this world.
On top of being strong and tough they have very honed reflexes, acute senses, and are impossible to spot under the cover of night. Even if discovered their strength and toughness make them powerful stand up fighters. They can speak telepathically amongst themselves or anyone else they can see. They can see anyone trying to conceal themselves magically.
They also have a few magical abilities such as the ability to cast an area of magical darkness, keeping most from being able to see them unless those inside can see in perfect darkness as they can. They can teleport to each other or any place they have already seen with their own eyes. They can dispel most magical effects.
The twins share each other's wounds. What happens to one is reflected onto the other if they are within one hundred feet of each other. If they are closer to each other they become stronger and tougher.
These cold hearted twins have a reputation among demons for never failing to kill their targets. They mostly work independently, going where they feel they will make the most money.
They are harmed by anything holy and blinded momentarily by sudden light as their eyes are meant for darkness. They are currently under Recth's employ and have been ordered to sew chaos and and destruction at their leisure.
Theme: Setian Massacre
Quote: "We are here for you... now die, be silent, and forgotten..."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:24 pm
The Village of Omiki.
A bustling Village still recovering from a recent attack. The fields showing burnt scars upon the crops. Some houses showing burn marks and broken walls.
Otherwise, the people, along with the rest of the Village seemed normal.

All but one home, which seemed to be at the end of a row.

"Arrrgh......My head....." a man groaned, his vision clearing as he slowly rose.
"...Where am I..?" he asked aloud, not knowing whether or not he was alone.

He reached up to grab his forehead, but was met with a helmet.
"...Why am I wearing a damn helmet if I was asleep..?" he groaned again, undoing one of the straps to reach inside. Finding nothing.
"......What the hell!?"

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:45 pm
Come on... Come on... This has to work... Arashi thought to himself as he sat on his knees in a dark room only lite dimly by a few candles nearby. In front of him laid an empty full suit of samurai armor, taken from a recently fallen warrior. Beneath the empty armor were various markings and symbols made from white salt, and most of the candles were either on the strange symbols, or at ends of the armor.

"Come back to us..." He whispered quietly, looking down at the helmet as if he were speaking to someone inside the armor. "Open your eyes and see the light out of the darkness of beyond."

He waited patiently for nothing to seemingly happen. Seconds turned to silent minutes, and Arashi gave a heavy sigh. He winced slightly, as his shoulder flared with hot pain where his arm once was. As he grabbed for the pain of a ghostly arm, he heard another voice in the room.

Arashi's attention immediately went to the suit of armor, which had began to sit up on it's own and where the voice came from, echoing in the helmet slightly.
"My god..." He whimpered, unable to believe that the ritual had actually worked. Just the reality of it sunk into him though, it also sank into the armor's soul.

"Easy, friend!" He grabbed a shoulder of the armor, hoping to calm the man before he panicked further.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:53 pm
The man, upon feeling the man's hand, seemed to have a violent reaction by grabbing Arashi by the throat, bellowing a roar, standing straight up and pinning him into the wall.
"YOU!" the man growled.

"What is this!? What happened to me!?" he asked, staring up at him.

"Why can't I remember my name!? What have you done to me!?"

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:02 pm
Arashi hit the wall with a pained grunt, feeling pain from his back from the hard pin, his throat from the tight hold, and his shoulder as his ghost arm flared even more from the suit's assault.

"Friend..." He spoke weakly and with a raspy voice, due to most of his air being cut off from the gauntlet's hold. "Please, calm down."

"Father?" A voice from downstairs called. Only moments later, footsteps could be heard coming up stairs. "Father, what's going on?"

Arashi's eyes immediately went to the door as the woman called out for her father, for him.
"No..." He growled, trying to reach for the door just as it opened by another gauntlet.

"Father?" The woman called again, being the wearer of the gauntlet and another suit of armor. Her eyes grew wide as she saw her father pinned to the wall by another's hand.

"Father!" She gasped, unsheathing a katana from her side, her face going from shock to rage.

"Release him!" She barked as she charged at the man, swinging the blade down on the arm that held Arashi against the wall.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:12 pm
The man looked over at the woman as she threatened him, turning to face her, dropping the man. He reached to his right side for his sword, finding nothing.

"What!?" he barked, looking to his hip, seeing nothing at all, forgetting about the woman.

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:25 pm
Again, Arashi grunted in pain, now from being dropped like a sack. Upon being released, he grabbed at his empty shoulder as it flared with pain like a wild fire.

As the woman's blade came down on the man's arm, the armor mysteriously fell off and hit the ground. Rather than having a bleeding arm though in it's place, was simply nothing.

"What the?!" The woman stepped back in shock at he lack of gore. Or even flesh. Her eyes were locked on the empty space that should have been filled with a human arm.

"Demon." She growled, looking up at the face. "Be gone!" She barked, swinging for the neck now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:31 pm
Out of instinct, he reached out to the arm, now fixated on the fact that he had been able to use it to pin the man to the wall, but now it was gone.

"What the hell is going...." he said aloud before noticing her next attack.
He then ducked down, finding it exceedingly easy to do oddly enough, feeling weightless. He then charged at the woman with his one arm and rammed her into the wall.

"Woman. Drop the weapon..."

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:37 pm
The woman gave a frustrated growl at the demon effortlessly ducked her attack. Before she could properly react to it though, she was grabbed and rammed into the wall by it.

"Not until your dead." She growled to it, stabbing the blade through it's torso.

"Akari... Fuma..." Arashi moaned quietly from the ground. "Settle, please..."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:41 pm
The man gave a growl as the blade went through the armor, yet nothing happening. He then looked over at Arashi.

"...Fuma..? Who is that..?"

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:30 am
"That... That is you..." Arashi groaned, looking up at the moving suit of armor.
"At least, what I am told by your friends.." He sighed sharply, lighting massaging his wounded shoulder with his hand. "It seems I made a mistake in the ritual. Either that, or I brought back the wrong spirit."

"Father, what are you talking about?" The woman, Akari, asked as her eyes were locked on the blade. Why won't it bleed? It should be wounded by now!

"If you set my daughter down," he groaned again in pain, "I will explain. Everything."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:39 am
Fuma stared at Arashi for a few moments before moving away from Akari, letting her drop.
He walked towards Arashi, looking down at him.
".......Well?"

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:30 pm
"He's in no condition to talk." Akari growled as she immediately went to her father's side once she had been released.

"Father, are you--"

"I'm fine." He grunted, giving her a dull glare. "I can take care of myself. I done so in the past, and I will do so now."

"...As you wish." She sighed, moving away from her father.

"I'll return to my post." Akari mumbled as she grabbed her sword, pulled it from the armor's torso, and left the room quietly.

"Children..." Arashi sighed, chuckling. "Always troublesome, even when they grow up." He groaned as he slowly balanced himself onto his feet, his stance wavering a bit.

"Now..." He bent over, picking up the fallen arm and giving it to Fuma.

"Shall we go outside?"

Public Role Play Area

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces