Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Non-NaruChat Sub (Talk about anything & everything) [LOCKED]
A Few Friendly Suggestions From A Concerned Long Time Member Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:39 am
Okay, I could be completely right on this, or I could be completely wrong, but what I do know is that when I joined, there was a hell of a lot more people here, and most were active. But now, well, lets just say things aren't the way they were before.

Why is this? There is a multitude of possible reasons. Loss of interest in the Naruto series, loss of interest in roleplaying, a declining population in Gaia, a lack of guild advertisement, many factors play into this.

If you want my suggestions, leaders of NUR, lets try advertising ALOT more. Go to the forums with custom made banners describing the awesomeness that is NUR. Or, if you even want to be more direct, literally ask people through PM's or even forum posts. I have done these things before for my own guild and for awhile, it worked out phenomenally well. We received members everyday.

But why stop within the confines of Gaia itself? Surely at least some of you visit forums other than Gaia. Advertise there as well by putting banners in your sig, or even better, put videos on youtube advertising are Guild.
Got friends in real life? Try getting them into roleplaying. Thats how I got into roleplaying. Before I joined NUR, I didn't give the concept of roleplaying a second thought. I thought it was just some activity that only obsessive D&D nerds like, but after a friend got me to try it, I fell in love the with the concept and have been doing online roleplay ever since. Maybe your friends might be the same way.

The point is, try every way possible. Don't just stick with the community in Gaia, think outside the box.

And now, onto a more serious matter. Lets just say, are population in NUR continues to decline, and we can do nothing to stop it. If this happens, may I be so bold as to make a rather uh, how you say, intense suggestion. The leaders of NUR might want to consider moving this great guild out of the confines of Gaia, and into a forum site like these....

http://www.forumotion.com/
http://www.proboards.com/

If this happens, then that takes Gaia out of the equation, removing a register barrier, making it easier to access. Not only that, but I heard that many of these forum sites have way more options to customize your forum than Gaia has to customize your guild. Of course this means moving almost all the information that we have accumulated here to there but nothing a few copy and paste moves won't solve. But do you see what I am saying here, moving this guild to a forum site like that exposes us to the entire internet community, which of course is in the millions, than just the Gaia community, leaving more room for people to know about us, as long as we advertise accordingly.

Anyways, those are my friendly suggestions. They have there flaws obviously but they also have there positives. All I ask is that the NUR community, not just its leaders, at least begin to consider these suggestions. At least start an advertising campaign and set up a team specifically for getting the knowledge that NUR exists and we are always accepting new members. Anyways, those are my ideas. You may take them or leave them. I only write this cause honestly, I really do care about the future of this guild, and I would hate to see it continually decline in member activity .

I have said what I wanted to say. If the guild leaders wish, they can PM me in regards to this post and maybe we can begin working out some of these suggestions. Or they can PM me in the regards to this post and tell me to shut the hell up, lol. It doesn't matter. But what does matter is that my opinions have been stated, and people are reading them. At the most, thats all I can ask for.

Happy Roleplaying everyone!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:09 am
I like most of these ideas: But here are two that would fail.
1) Most of us are just too embarassed to ask our rl friends to Naruto roleplay with us.
2) If we leave Gaia for another site, I, as many of us, will leave Nur. This is a certainty. I like Rping here. And many other sites make formatting hard, and confusing.  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:16 am
The Fall is Inevitable
I like most of these ideas: But here are two that would fail.
1) Most of us are just too embarassed to ask our rl friends to Naruto roleplay with us.
2) If we leave Gaia for another site, I, as many of us, will leave Nur. This is a certainty. I like Rping here. And many other sites make formatting hard, and confusing.

Well I suppose it depends on the person. Personally, I would straight up ask them if they like roleplaying.

And what I basically suggested was kind of a last ditch effort. Im not saying we should do it now, but only when all hope seems lost, which lets hope doesn't happen.

AND OH! I didn't mean that we should leave Gaia permanently..I mean, we can still roleplay at a different site for a specific guild and still be on Gaia. Its not like everybody is bound by a contract. Lol  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:28 am
People in NUR aren't inactive because they have to get onto Gaia to roleplay. They are inactive because they have jobs, school, lovers, and interests in WoW and Black Ops.  

vineco

4,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:31 am
vineco
People in NUR aren't inactive because they have to get onto Gaia to roleplay. They are inactive because they have jobs, school, lovers, and interests in WoW and Black Ops.

As I said Vineco, many factors play into inactivity, even the register barrier gaia presents, albeit a relatively small, factor.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:33 am
I second what jwalker67 said in his second point. We know you're not saying that us as individuals totally abandoning Gaia. We're talking about NUR leaving Gaia. If NUR left Gaia, I probably wouldn't follow. It's so easy and convenient here. The formatting is easy. I'm here anyway. If NUR moved somewhere else, it would make things much harder and more complicated, I think -- not to mention having to go through the process of setting everything up all over again in a new location.

Plus, Gaia has safety features against the creepazoids of the internet. If we left and went somewhere else, we would probably lose those protections and things could possibly go way downhill . . . forgive the pessimism, but it's always good to keep the worst case scenario in mind . . .

To be honest, I was actually invited to join NUR a year or two ago, around the time I first joined and started RP-ing on Gaia. I had a lot of stuff going on at the time and didn't have time to read through and start going about building a character, so I declined . . . but here I am now. Other people might be in the same situation, especially with finals/midterms/whatever going on and the holidays coming up.  

Koneko Kuromira

7,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:44 am
Koneko Kuromira
I second what jwalker67 said in his second point. We know you're not saying that us as individuals totally abandoning Gaia. We're talking about NUR leaving Gaia. If NUR left Gaia, I probably wouldn't follow. It's so easy and convenient here. The formatting is easy. I'm here anyway. If NUR moved somewhere else, it would make things much harder and more complicated, I think -- not to mention having to go through the process of setting everything up all over again in a new location.

Plus, Gaia has safety features against the creepazoids of the internet. If we left and went somewhere else, we would probably lose those protections and things could possibly go way downhill . . . forgive the pessimism, but it's always good to keep the worst case scenario in mind . . .

To be honest, I was actually invited to join NUR a year or two ago, around the time I first joined and started RP-ing on Gaia. I had a lot of stuff going on at the time and didn't have time to read through and start going about building a character, so I declined . . . but here I am now. Other people might be in the same situation, especially with finals/midterms/whatever going on and the holidays coming up.

I agree with most of what you say, but that is why some research is required before such a big move is to happen. We don't want to go blindly into a random forum hosting site thats to complicated for everyone.

And I definitely agree with your second point. Gaia has many safety features, and leaving us open in the internet could attract some unwanted people.

But were all getting ahead of ourselves. I am only stating one simple suggestion if the worst should happen which probably won't happen for quite a long while.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:05 pm
To add something to this:

The forums should be cleaned of stuff that makes it cluthered. There are so many threads at times that new people can get confused by what they should read or not, or that they should read everything and are not up to that. Or maybe it only bothers me XD

I honestly think it should stay on Gaia, I know I wouldn't log on on another different site. Gaia is easy for me, but good that you put some thought into it!

As for advertising, I have already a nearly dead guild on my hands that I want to get active and less time than I would like to have.

But Yay for you!  

Noa Hayato

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:24 pm
Noa Hayato
To add something to this:

The forums should be cleaned of stuff that makes it cluthered. There are so many threads at times that new people can get confused by what they should read or not, or that they should read everything and are not up to that. Or maybe it only bothers me XD

I honestly think it should stay on Gaia, I know I wouldn't log on on another different site. Gaia is easy for me, but good that you put some thought into it!

As for advertising, I have already a nearly dead guild on my hands that I want to get active and less time than I would like to have.

But Yay for you!

Hey Noa, haven't seen you in some time. Sorry about your guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:46 pm
I am still around, waiting for Kune in Konoha.
And it's not my guild, just happen to be one of the few active people and crew.  

Noa Hayato

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:48 pm
Noa Hayato
I am still around, waiting for Kune in Konoha.
And it's not my guild, just happen to be one of the few active people and crew.

it wouldnt happen to be the one in your sig would it?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:56 pm
duded your not in Axiom -.-... i would be progressing more in that guild if hiro posted...  

Darestrum

Ruthless Lunatic

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:57 pm
Darion72
duded your not in Axiom -.-... i would be progressing more in that guild if hiro posted...

uh...Darion....yes I am in Axiom.......go take a look at the members list.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:02 pm
jwalker67
Darion72

ehhh i dunt wanna...because im too lazy...  

Darestrum

Ruthless Lunatic

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:04 pm
Darion72
jwalker67
Darion72

ehhh i dunt wanna...because im too lazy...

Alrighty then  
Non-NaruChat Sub (Talk about anything & everything) [LOCKED]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces