Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkle Motion - JULY 2012 - ON SUMMER BREAK

Back to Guilds

For Socialites, Fashionista's, and the generally Fabulous. 

Tags: Beauty, Learning, Fashion, Tutorials, Cooking 

Reply ★The Sparkle Food Network★ Post your Recipe's!
Vita's Carbonara Sauce Recipe

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  Yummy
  Meh I have a better Recipe ( To that Vita Says: %$# %$$% )
  Gross
View Results

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:12 pm
User Image
Hi sparkles this is my official home recipe for carbonara sauce.

I learned to make this in the passed year and it rocked my world. It is really easy. And really delicious possibly too delicious.

This Recipe Serves two

Ingredients

2 new, fresh eggs (one egg per person serving)

60g/2oz bacon chunks Or not. I have had it with and with out and it is just as good without the bacon. The turkey bacon was not so great for me. But if you love turkey bacon it might be a great substitute for you.
I also used tiny chopped vegi's like olive mushroom pepper and zucchini

20g/0.7oz parmesan cheese

Extra virgin olive oil

Pepper

Salt

Tools
Small bowl (for whisking egg)

Frying pan

Hand whisk or fork (No Blender)

STEP 1 - Crack the eggs into a bowl and separate the whites and yolks use a fork (or whisk) and whisk the yolks until fully mixed and smooth.

STEP 2 - Grate the parmesan or poor in pregrated parmesan.

Put 1 tablespoon of Olive oil in and mix all ingrediants together. ( Set this aside in room temperature. (save some of the whites separately in a small bowl. To glaze with when serving.This is good if you won't be using bacon grease.)

STEP 3 - Heat up frying pan fry bacon till golden and crispy.

- Set bacon aside and let cool then chop bacon up into desired size. ( I like it small like the size of bacon bits)
Place in bowl and set to the side with other desired garnish.

That’s it!

You now have the main elements of carbonara sauce.

All that’s left is…

1. Boil up and drain roughly 240g/8.5oz of spaghetti (or any other pasta).

2. Pop the bacon pan back on the heat for a minute and mix in the pasta, coating it thoroughly in the bacon oil.

3. Finally, poor pasta into cabonara sauce and mix it all up. quickly place it into servings sprinkle bacon and other desired garnish and serve.. (Cabonara is supposed to be served hot and you can not really reheat so make sure your ready to rock before you drop that pasta in the sauce)

This is a rich flavor of pasta sauce for me it is even richer then Alfredo sauce. I usually make it in small portions. And like I said

SERVE IT QUICK AND HOT

And keep your cabonara room tempurature while you wait for the pasta to be done.

Extra Garnish Ideas: (All Finely Chopped) Mushroom , Olive , Pepper,
Peppers Green/Red/Yellow, Parmesan, capers.

If there are any part of the instructions you need help with PM me.

Happy Holidays Sparkles!

P.S. This makes a great side dish!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:53 pm
UGGG mrgreen  

horneypeach

Desirable Sweetheart

11,100 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:08 pm
It's delicious are you kidding me !!!! lol Oh well more for me!

horneypeach
UGGG mrgreen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:22 pm
I think the problem most people have with this recipe is the raw eggs. Maybe you could post an alternate recipe with custard instead? Using custard might also allow for reheat-ablility.

My sister tried to make coquito for her in-laws but because of the raw egg, they refused to drink it so she custard the eggs. It tasted a bit different but not bad.  

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:40 pm
I don't think there is a "problem" some people like it some people don't this is an authentic recipe. And if some one does not like it then the recipe is just not for them.

xena91388
I think the problem most people have with this recipe is the raw eggs. Maybe you could post an alternate recipe with custard instead? Using custard might also allow for reheat-ablility.

My sister tried to make coquito for her in-laws but because of the raw egg, they refused to drink it so she custard the eggs. It tasted a bit different but not bad.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Eh, true. I liked it! Wasn't a big fan of the texture but it was tasty. Ooooh I need to post a recipe tomorrow!

Madame Vita
I don't think there is a "problem" some people like it some people don't this is an authentic recipe. And if some one does not like it then the recipe is just not for them.

xena91388

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:11 pm
I know how that goes I am a stickler for textures in food. But this is my crack lol. Yeah I have a recipe I was planning on sharing too.

xena91388
Eh, true. I liked it! Wasn't a big fan of the texture but it was tasty. Ooooh I need to post a recipe tomorrow!

Madame Vita

xena91388

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:14 pm
Hehe I'm going to post a recipe for Pinon. I wonder how popular it will be. Do you like bananas in your beef?

Madame Vita
I know how that goes I am a stickler for textures in food. But this is my crack lol. Yeah I have a recipe I was planning on sharing too.

xena91388

Madame Vita

xena91388

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:27 pm
Hell to the naw lol.

although I like banana's and eggs and I also like them with torta's so you never know. I will check out your recipe.

xena91388
Hehe I'm going to post a recipe for Pinon. I wonder how popular it will be. Do you like bananas in your beef?

Madame Vita

xena91388

Madame Vita

xena91388

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:29 pm
Well, you're in luck! this recipe's got eggs too! XD

Sweet plantains, eggs, beef, veggies, spinach, onions, sazon, sofrito, and cheese!! I just made some tonight for din-din with yellow rice & guandules.

Maybe later I'll stop being lazy and write out the recipe in a thread. rofl

Madame Vita
Hell to the naw lol.

although I like banana's and eggs and I also like them with torta's so you never know. I will check out your recipe.

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:55 pm
wow that sounds so nasty it sounds good...I probably would def eat that actually. Please post the recipe. And a nice picture of the dish.

xena91388
Well, you're in luck! this recipe's got eggs too! XD

Sweet plantains, eggs, beef, veggies, spinach, onions, sazon, sofrito, and cheese!! I just made some tonight for din-din with yellow rice & guandules.

Maybe later I'll stop being lazy and write out the recipe in a thread. rofl

Madame Vita
Hell to the naw lol.

★The Sparkle Food Network★ Post your Recipe's!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games