Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Pregnant Kitties Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:39 pm
how do we handle them? crying especially when they are struggling to survive financially. any advice? please?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:09 pm
Abortion?  

God Emperor Akhenaton

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:25 pm
I believe your sig is the proper response to your answer Akhenaton. ><  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:47 pm
Kage-Taisen Twilight

crying thankyou, other Twilight. :hugs.:

@ akhen: stare evil

first of ll, I'm Pr-Life. second, I WANNA HELP PARENT THAT CHILD! scream

I was not upset about the pregnancy, I was upset that I'm finding it difficult to provide for my Pregnant Girlfriend!  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Micarst

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:38 am
When I found out I was knocked up, I started taking overtime hours at my job. My husband (then only my fiance) got a second job part time. We still struggled, just not as bad. I don't know anything about the situation you have (if you're still in school, etc), but we learned the hard way that sometimes it's better to forget about what you *want* to do, in order to do the things you *must.*

I mean, we thought we had it bad. We walked around like zombies half the time, hardly got to spend any time together... For about three weeks straight we conversed only in EMAILS... how pathetic is that... because he worked night shift, I left for work before he got home, he slept while I was gone, then left before I got back, then he had to go straight to his other job.

One great thing about it though, when our son finally arrived, we were used to having erratic hours and going without sleep, so the midnight and 2am feedings really weren't an issue.

If you want to talk about babies to a total stranger with firsthand experience three times in a row, you can always send me a PM. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:01 am
Chieftain Twilight
Kage-Taisen Twilight

I was not upset about the pregnancy, I was upset that I'm finding it difficult to provide for my Pregnant Girlfriend!

You could have mentioned it was a human. Anyway, if neither of you are financially sound enough to raise the kid, then maybe you should see if a relative can take care of the baby part time.  

God Emperor Akhenaton

God Emperor Akhenaton

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:02 am
Kage-Taisen Twilight

There's nothing like a little Die Hard Humor.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:18 am
depending on where you live... you can apply for food stamps, and some sort of insurance... in california where I am... if you're preggers you can apply for Medical, foodstamps, calworks and cashaid. I don't know what you have wherever you're at though. Still it might be worth looking into.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:23 am
God Emperor Akhenaton
Chieftain Twilight
Kage-Taisen Twilight

You could have mentioned it was a human. Anyway, if neither of you are financially sound enough to raise the kid, then maybe you should see if a relative can take care of the baby part time.

human or not, I'm opposed to abortions except in special cases. besides which, this is a Furry Guild. I figured that if I was talking about a Kittie that is struggling to survive financially, you'd get the cue that I meant an actual Human.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:24 am
Micarst
When I found out I was knocked up, I started taking overtime hours at my job. My husband (then only my fiance) got a second job part time. We still struggled, just not as bad. I don't know anything about the situation you have (if you're still in school, etc), but we learned the hard way that sometimes it's better to forget about what you *want* to do, in order to do the things you *must.*

I mean, we thought we had it bad. We walked around like zombies half the time, hardly got to spend any time together... For about three weeks straight we conversed only in EMAILS... how pathetic is that... because he worked night shift, I left for work before he got home, he slept while I was gone, then left before I got back, then he had to go straight to his other job.

One great thing about it though, when our son finally arrived, we were used to having erratic hours and going without sleep, so the midnight and 2am feedings really weren't an issue.

If you want to talk about babies to a total stranger with firsthand experience three times in a row, you can always send me a PM. 4laugh

thankyou. I will be Messaging in a little bit then.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:49 pm
Chieftain Twilight

human or not, I'm opposed to abortions except in special cases. besides which, this is a Furry Guild. I figured that if I was talking about a Kittie that is struggling to survive financially, you'd get the cue that I meant an actual Human.

I figured you meant real kittens myself. I was going to suggest selling them to loving families. And the idea of a cat getting an abortion with a coat hanger made me lul.

I'd say if you don't think you can handle it, press the abort button, or give it up for adoption.

I swear, why doesn't anyone on this god damn planet consider adoption anymore? My grandmother was adopted and she grew up to be a loving and wonderful granny, and she finally met her real mom 20 years ago!

And I'm pro-choice as well. I believe it's a woman's body and she has the entire right to choose what to do with her child, not the father, and not any man. And don't make me debate the pro-life thing religiously because I will win.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:39 pm
it has nothing to do with religion, nor winning. I used to be on the fence about it, I have my reasons for settling on the Pro-Life side.

but I'm realy not being clear at all about this. >.< I'm sorry guys, I'm trying. Communication is NOT my strong point...

I have every intention of helping raise that baby. I want to be a Father, it's somthing I have always wanted. I'm excited, I'm so happy. the only thing I'm worried about, is the process of successfully bringing that child into the world.

how do I go about caring for my girlfriend, and keeping her healthy? what do I do about making sure we can afford everything we need to make sure this happens and doesn't end in disaster? how do I make sure that we don't have to give the baby away, and that there is no miscarriage?

I need tips n handling finances, getting benefits, and keeping everyone and the environment healthy and sanitary.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:04 pm
I wish I could help, but I've had no experience..
Good luck though!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:08 pm
I am proud of you for being a real man and not giving in to the easy way out like some scared little p***y (a.k.a. "pressing the abort button")
I hope for nothing but the best for you, and I shall pray that you, your girlfriend, and your child make it through safely.
As for financial help... I'm just a kid. I can't exactly do anything for you there. I'd suggest asking family for help. :/  

Celtic zombie-kitten

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:27 pm
well, complete ******** disaster has hit, and I have come to the realization that I am useless as a provider, protector, and even a cheer-up. cry she's been in the red this whole time, and now she's about to be homeless, and the baby will likely be taken away... she's already resigning herself to that fate, too... I can do nothing to convince her to have hope that she'll get through it, and thee is nothing I am able to do to prevent it from happening. I'm just sitting here, watching uselessly from the sidelines...  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff