Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Least Favorite Part of Sailor Moon Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OH ME GEE!
  Gold!
  More Gold!
  LOTS OF GOLD! w00t!
View Results

Clover_chan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:20 am
For the past 2 days, I've been having a Sailor Moon marathon. My friend is letting me borrow her Sailor Moon collection. (which is Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon R, Sailor Moon S, and soon the Stars) And I've decided, I hate the part of the Sailor Moon series where Tuxedo Mask is brainwashed. I dont know why, but I really really hate it! So, my question to you is, which part of any Sailor Moon Series is your least favorite?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:48 pm
To be blunt, when it came to the English release, "Sailor Moon Says." I am so glad that wasn't in Pioneer's release. ~~

Personally, I have to say how fluffy some of the scenes between Mamoru and Usagi became in R, and how that sceptor in "S" was introduced in the English release.

I don't watch it often, but gawd! Usagi can be an idiot at times. Ami, Makoto, and the outers have been my saving grace. As well as hope that I'd be able to see Sailor Stars without bootlegs. (So much for that)  

Celestia Oceanbreeze

Tanith_4486

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:05 pm
I hate chibi usa and her stupid"electra complex... "oh gods!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:15 pm
The repetitive monster of the day sequences in every single series in every single episode. A character or two has a formulaic issue which get solves right before or right after a monster shows up. The senshi throw a few attacks at it, maybe endure a little conflict, perhaps Tuxedo Kamen shows up, and then someone says, "Now, Sailor Moon!" after which she (and at times with Sailor Chibi Moon) do some really long attack which would be really cool if we hadn't seen it or something like it a million times before. The monster disintegrates 95% of the time and we get to see another repetitive sequence of it fading into nothing. Perhaps Sailor Moon collapses from a power overload.

This would be fine if it didn't happen every single episode, and every single season. After reading the Sailor Moon Stars manga, I was very disappointed to see that the anime was just as formulaic as the other seasons as far as the filler episodes go.  

EveElera

Kaori Amatsuka

Sugary Bunny

14,175 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:12 pm
When Sailor Moon (YOU FOOL GIRL!) gives the grail to Hotaru, how could she be so STUPID!?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:19 pm
When the villians don't have better plans. I love the fluff between Mamoru and Usagi, but I think he could do better.

I also want to slap Usagi too. She's kinda a baka.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

EveElera

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:08 am
Speaking of Mamoru, he kind of drives me up the wall sometimes, especially in the dub. I don't know, it's great that the girls have the most power in the show, but sometimes I wish he were a little more useful.

Although I did find it amusing that he was always serving hot cocoa in the dub instead of tea, lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:48 am
I really didn't like the "sailor moon says" crap, and how much the cut out of the american versions, it's so kid friendly.  

Pink Haired Pirate

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:17 pm
which it shouldn't be kid friendly because its for teenagers really. (then again Japanese kids are perverted by american terms..... gonk ))  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:36 am
I cant stand all the ungodly cheesey moments...I mean I know its supposed to make you go "awww" but sometimes its just way to much.  

Str!p3d

Rabbit-eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:12 am
EveElera
The repetitive monster of the day sequences in every single series in every single episode. A character or two has a formulaic issue which get solves right before or right after a monster shows up. The senshi throw a few attacks at it, maybe endure a little conflict, perhaps Tuxedo Kamen shows up, and then someone says, "Now, Sailor Moon!" after which she (and at times with Sailor Chibi Moon) do some really long attack which would be really cool if we hadn't seen it or something like it a million times before. The monster disintegrates 95% of the time and we get to see another repetitive sequence of it fading into nothing. Perhaps Sailor Moon collapses from a power overload.

This would be fine if it didn't happen every single episode, and every single season. After reading the Sailor Moon Stars manga, I was very disappointed to see that the anime was just as formulaic as the other seasons as far as the filler episodes go.

Absolutely! I HATED that! That's why the manga was so much better than the anime.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:15 am
I hate the dialogue in the American dub.
Need I say more? sweatdrop

Rabbit-eyes

Redford Blade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:33 pm
The formulaic battles were tolerable, in my opinion, but the extensive transformation sequences got really annoying. Yes, they all spin and sparkle, just like they did last time, and the time before. I was always thankful when one scout would be in a fight and the others would show up, already transformed.

I was also a little disturbed by well the girls were able to live their separate existences. Unless an enemy was actively trying to influence the scout's daily life, the girls were able to live normally between battles. But then, I'm an Evangelion fan, where all the kids are emotionally disturbed...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:49 pm
Well I finally got the American script for them. And in my opinion it IS cheesey, but it's a bit more funny then the Japanese one.

>.> Or maybe I'm a loony...

But I find that in the Amercian version, the talk also has like...inside jokes in a way and they have kinda...better comeback lines (at least the villians do.)

Seriously, can you imagine the Japanese Mars saying " I'm gonna chew you up and spit you out."

That's a more American thing to say.

Japanese mars would say something along the line of, " With the burning passion of Mars...ect..ect.."

Though I get we like the serious moments...

I kinda like the Amercian sayng a bit more now. (Has over dose on jap stuff.)

And I think, If America was little bit more like Japan...and they both make an show- it would be excellent.

Because then you have the butt kicking Japanese animation and snazzy pervertedness...

and the American witty comeback lines. (I mean..the REAL Amercian come back lines. )

It would be asskicking.

Villian, "DIE SAILORMOON!!!!"

Tuxedo Kamen throws one of those roses that 'explode' at the villian. "I guess we're gonna die another day."

^^;; or something like that.

XD  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

EveElera

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:54 pm
Rabbit-eyes
I hate the dialogue in the American dub.
Need I say more? sweatdrop

*Sarcasm* Oh, but don't you just adore how in the SuperS series the senshi started saying stuff like, "Are you tripping, girl?" rolleyes

Sometimes I enjoy the American dialogue more, but that's usually yeah, when the comic inside jokes making-fun-of-themselves thing is really great. I will never forget how in the dub when Serena gets drunk (although they just say that she is sick from drinking too much "juice") in Sailor Moon S she starts talking about the Pudding of Relativity. xd

I'm glad, Rabbit-eyes, that someone else agrees with me on the repetitiveness of the monster of the day garbage. As time goes on, I'm definitely becoming more of a Naoko-purist. I read her designers notes in the art books and see that there were quite a few things that were changed in the anime that deviated from her original vision and she was very disappointed in, and I find that a lot of the changes that were made were unnecessary. I remember feeling a lot of things should've been going on Sailor Moon when I was watching it, and then when I read the manga I found that everything I felt was missing was there in the original graphic novels. The senshi feel more important, I care more about Mamo-chan, Chibi-Usa is A LOT more tolerable and lovable, etc., etc.

And, I agree with you Redford Blade on both of your points. There were many times when I could've done without the transformation sequences, as much as I love them. Or they could've at least spiced them up more somehow, even if the animation didn't have to be perfect.

I also thought that there should've been more drama from the senshi as time wore on. Their universe and their perception of it was expanding, their lives were slowly being leaked away from them, and they inherit a huge responsibility. They're leading lives that they didn't know about until they were fourteen, which would freak me out if I were one of them. But, then again, as is the case with you, I'm also in love with Evangelion (okay, so I've only been able to read eight of the mangas so far, but that's only because I haven't been able to find the others! And I don't have enough time to watch the anime), so I'm more prone to drama than most.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff