Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Town Talk <Chat, converse, silly games and general random talk>
Book Talk Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:42 pm
Alright, here we can discuss all those literary stuffs in detail.

First thing.....curse you Kenton for making me interested in Discworld!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:46 pm
Actually, you should be thanking me. Discworld is a really good series of books, though now it's running into it's 30's (in terms of volumes...).  

Kenton Alkemi

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:53 pm
maybe......but i know my wallet is going to kill me for it later xp
aside from a character who has luck oddly similar to my muses what else does it offer?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:16 pm
Start with the first book, The Color of Magic, then read the direct sequel, The Light Fantastic. Oddly enough, you'll be introduced to Rincewind form the start... sweatdrop

There's so much the series has to offer that it's hard to say.... There are giant trolls and sturdy dwarves, stealthy assassins and unionized thieves, suffering jesters, timid alchemists, geriatric barbarians, imcompetent wizards, and even the occassional appearance of DEATH himself. Most events take place in the central city of Ankh-Morpork. "There's a saying that all roads lead to Ankh-Morpork. And it's wrong. All roads lead away from Ankh-Morpork, but sometimes people just walk along them the wrong way." Oh, and don't forget about Great A'tuin, the giant turtle who bears the weight of the Discworld as he swims through space.

Kenton Alkemi

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:50 pm
hmm......sounds apatising.......
but if im going to try it out ill see if i can introduce you to a series myself twisted
have you tryed myth series by robert asprin? the main character skeeve is sorta like an odd cross between caddwallander and kenton lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:06 pm
He is? eek What's the series about?  

Kenton Alkemi

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:12 pm
its about skeeve this aprentice wizard and his teacher was killed by an imp with a rocket launcher (disguised as a crossbow)
hes been taken in by aiaz a demon (demonsion traveler) who has just been cursed to never se magic
and together they try to con there way to survival with one misadventure after another  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:20 pm
Hmm... I'll have to look for it the next time I'm at Borders. What's the name of the first book?  

Kenton Alkemi

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:55 pm
1.another fine myth
2.Myth Conceptions
3.Myth Directions
4.Hit or Myth

i cant remember the rest right now  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:36 pm
*raises hand* OCCASIONAL appearance? Isn't Death in at least half the books? I see a lot of THIS WHEN I'M READING.

Twoflower! xd  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Kenton Alkemi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:57 pm
Oh yeah... Now that I think about it, he's in EVERY book, isn't he? sweatdrop

Ah, good 'ol Twoflower! "Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:13 pm
XDDDD

Luggage was awesome. Is awesome. And I now understand the frog in the Discworld PC game. xd  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Kenton Alkemi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:27 pm
That good 'ol Sapient Pearwood. I got stuck at the beginning of the first game. sweatdrop It's a pain to save, because the PSX version requires an entire memory card...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:14 am
eek ...........a dont suppose there is a girl with ungodly powers who seems very nice but will rain the heavens down apon you if you piss her off is there? ninja  

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:47 pm
What? In Discworld? Or in the RP? As far as I know, the Disk doesn't have one (although a goddess of theirs might fit the profile)  
Town Talk <Chat, converse, silly games and general random talk>

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff