Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkle Motion - JULY 2012 - ON SUMMER BREAK

Back to Guilds

For Socialites, Fashionista's, and the generally Fabulous. 

Tags: Beauty, Learning, Fashion, Tutorials, Cooking 

Reply ★The Sparkle Food Network★ Post your Recipe's!
Xena's Pub

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sparkles looking for a drink:
  +1
View Results

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

No this is not a Role Play. This is my pub! Every week, I will post the recipes to one of many popular drinks. The original, practical, and non-alcoholic versions!

*For those of you following recipes with alcohol: If you even think about drinking and driving, I will hunt you down and beat you good and bloody with my left boot! Drink responsibly!*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:51 pm
Mimosa

Let's start things off easy. Mimosas!!! blaugh

Mimosas are easy light drinks, very popular among ladies. It was traditionally considered a hang over cure so I figured it would be perfect to start off this thread especially since you will most likely have the ingredients around.

- - Standard Mimosa - -

1/2 cup orange juice

1/2 cup champagne

Pour juice and champagne in a tall fluted glass or big neon colored plastic margarita glass (mine! xd ) and garnish with a cherry! Serve chilled.

- - Virgin Mimosa - -

1/2 cup orange juice

1/2 cup Ginger Ale or Sparkling Cider

Pour juice and Cider/Ale into a tall fluted glass or big neon colored plastic margarita glass and garnish with a cherry! Serve Chilled!

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:32 pm
Xena's Banana Daiquiri

- - Regular - -

1/4 cup spiced rum

1/4 cup cream

1Tbsp Lime juice

1Tbsp Sugar

1/2 a banana

1/2 cup ice

*Optional* 1 drop banana extract

toss all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and pour in a fancy glass! smile

- - Virgin - -

1/2 cup cream

1Tbsp Lime juice

1Tbsp Sugar

1/2 a banana

1/2 cup ice

*Optional* 1 drop banana extract

toss all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and pour in a fancy glass! smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:55 pm
Xena Sunrise

- - Regular - -

1/4 cup Tequila*

1/4 cup orange juice

1/4 cup passion fruit juice

1 Tbs Cherry syrup (or Grenadine if you have it, I usually use snowcone syrups xd )

Mix the tequila and juices in a tall glass and the pour in the syrup. Give the drink one slow stir (but let the majority of the syrup settle to the bottom!) and garnish with a cherry and/or orange slice!

* The only alcohols I usually keep around the house are wine, champagne, brandy, rum, and the occasional six pack of hard lemonade so I usually substitute the rum or brandy for the other alcohols like tequila and vodka. This is one of the recipes I would use brandy in.

- - Virgin - -
1/4 cup apple juice or

1/4 cup orange juice

1/4 cup passion fruit juice

1 Tbs Cherry syrup (or Grenadine if you have it, I usually use snowcone syrups xd )

OR

1/3 cup orange juice

1/3 cup passion fruit juice

Mix the juices in a tall glass and the pour in the syrup. Give the drink one slow stir (but let the majority of the syrup settle to the bottom!) and garnish with a cherry and/or orange slice!

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:55 pm
MOJITO

- -Original - -

1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Juice from 1 lime (about 1/4 of a cup)
4 mint leaves
1/4 cup white rum
1/4 cup ounces club soda
1 sprig of mint (optional)

Place lime juice, mint leaves, and sugar inside a tall glass. Mash them around a bit with a fork or the handle of a wooden spoon or, if you're lucky enough, a peeled stick of sugar cane! (There is a sugar cane farm a few miles from my house!). Once you feel you're done mashing, add some crushed ice, the rum, and the soda. Garnish with the sprig or a wedge/slice of lime!

- - Virgin - -

1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Juice from 1 lime (about 1/4 of a cup)
4 mint leaves
1/4 cup ounces club soda
1 sprig of mint (optional)

Place lime juice, mint leaves, and sugar inside a tall glass. Mash them around a bit with a fork or the handle of a wooden spoon or, if you're lucky enough, a peeled stick of sugar cane! (There is a sugar cane farm a few miles from my house!). Once you feel you're done mashing, add some crushed ice and the soda. Garnish with the sprig or a wedge/slice of lime!

- - Practical - -

If you haven't figured it out, a mojito is really a lime soda with mint and rum. Just pour yourself a glass of Sierra Mist (it's "prettier" than Sprite) and add some mint extract and a bit of rum. Garnish as desired!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:18 am
A day late, but this week's drink is a wonderful way to celebrate St. Patrick's day. I present you a very popular drink, especially during celebrations and parties:

IRISH CAR BOMBS

Warning: This drink is not for lightweights. Ladies, only ever do one of these a night and only if you have no more than one or two other small alcoholic drinks as it can get you quite tipsy very quickly and you do not want to get piss drunk in public, ever!
stare

- - Ingredients - -

- Shot glasses
- Tall beer glasses or mugs
- Irish Cream
- Guinness Stout Beer
- Whiskey

- - Directions - -

Fill the shot glasses half way with the cream and then fill the rest of it gently with the whiskey so it stays layered with cream on bottom and whiskey on top.

Fill the beer glass or mug about 3/4 of the way with the Guinness.

Now the FUN tricky part. Have everyone grab their beer and hold the shot glass above it. On the count of "Three" drop your shot glass into the beer and CHUG IT AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

The cream curdles inside the beer and the more it curdles, the worse the entire drinks tastes. If you take too long drinking it, you will never be able to finish it because of the curd texture and foul bitter taste. People who can't finish a Car Bomb are targets for public teasing.

m

- - Non Alcoholic Car Bombs - -

Don't make me laugh!

You really want one?

Ok, try Irish Creme and Rootbeer. Let me know how it tastes.

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
★The Sparkle Food Network★ Post your Recipe's!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games