Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply The Daffodil Movement For Cancer Awareness
Question and Answer thread- Come here to ask questions! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:45 pm
Have a question? Post it here and someone will try to answer it.

If you post an off-topic question in one of the other "front page" topics of the main forum (which are about the only threads that have to stay completely on-topic) or make a question thread, it will probably be moved and your question will be referred back to here.

For reference, here are the FAQ's.

►Where do I send my entry for the Tektek contest?
PM them to Blaizekit. Entries posted in the thread or entries sent before the contest is officially open will be ignored.

►Do individuals send in their Tektek entries, or is it one entry for every team?
Individuals enter. The best from each team will win a prize. Sometimes there will also be runners-up, depending on the number of entries and the closeness of the judging.

►Can I be on more than one team?
You are welcome to post whatever ribbons you want in your signature or around the site to show your support. However, when it comes to official teams, you have to pick just one. This is especially important for the spirit contest. You can only follow your team's events.

►How do I join a team? What do I have to do for my team?
It's not all that scary. All you have to do is post in the HQ of the team you want, saying you want to join. The thread might have a special procedure for joining, so look out for that. Tada! You have a team. Depending on what your team's Captain wants to do, there might be events or contests that your team is doing. None of these are required for membership. They're just for fun! The important thing is just to support your team with a whole heart. Put its ribbon in your signature. Dress up in your team colors. The team that's deemed the most spirited wins a real-life donation for that type of cancer, so shake those pom-poms!

►Do I have to be on a team to be a part of the Movement?
No. You don't even have to post in the thread. The most important thing about the Movement is making the cause visible. All you really need to do to be a full-fledged participator is to wear the bouquet and point our way if anyone asks about it. (:

►I want to help the Movement. Where do I send my gold, items, and daffodils?
Donations should be sent to The Daffodil Movement, our mule. Donations of gold help us give better prizes in the contests, and yellow items give the mule something cool to wear. (Items are sold at the end of the Movement to go toward next year.) Please do not send us daffodils unless they are already made into a bouquet. It is too expensive and time-consuming for us to turn hundreds of daffodils into bouquets by ourselves. We'd rather use our gold pool for prizes, so please only donate bouquets. (: single daffodils will be donated to Old Pete's Dumpster Dive.

To be even more picky, please don't send Deluxe bouquets. They are very glitchy and have like, only one pose that doesn't phase through your avi.

►I wanna show my support by wearing a daffodil bouquet during the whole month of April, but can't make or buy one. What's this about free bouquets?
You're in luck! Many generous Gaians have donated daffodil bouquets to us, so that we may pass them along to whoever needs one. To request a bouquet, just send a labeled trade to The Daffodil Movement.

►Do I have to wear a *yellow* daffodil bouquet?
No. You can wear whatever color you want.

►Why can't (insert name of cancer here) be a team?
There are a few teams we have every year, but generally, the teams change from one year to the next. That's because I would like to keep the number of teams to 10-11 each year, but still want to give exposure to all kinds. So, the teams rotate. Please don't try to invent your own team. The team threads you see were made by officially chosen Captains who spent a lot of time and hard work to make their threads. If you want to captain a team, you'll have to wait until next year.

►Can I be a Team Captain?
Team Captains are chosen in March. They build their threads and are trained in their duties so to be ready for April. You'll probably have to wait until next year, unless the captain of your team resigns and decides to pass the torch to you. But, if you're serious enough about it to wait a year, you'll probably be a shoe in. Keep in touch with the guild occasionally throughout the year.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:23 am
Is TDM starting on March or April? I was on a small hiatus for a while, so I don't know.  

Hikari_Namikaze111

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:26 am
April. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:51 am
I see. I had a small panic attack for a while, because if it's on March, well, I have midterm exams. That would be a problem.  

Hikari_Namikaze111

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:20 am
Eheh, me too. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:34 pm
Untempered Scism
When will we start recruiting regular members?

Probably late March. 3nodding

Also please direct all future questions to this thread.^^  

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:53 am
Ember Mist
Is there a way we can change our teams? I was childhood last year, but I want to be Leukemia.

People keep posting questions in the Ribbons thread for some reason. Seems kind of a random choice. xD

Anyway, your team thing isn't binding or anything. Especially from one year to the next. You could even change during. You just can't do two at the same time.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Thank you for the invitation to join your guild. ^^ I'm rarely on Gaia that much anymore to join a serious guild though. sweatdrop I I will, however, equip my avatar with daffodils and donate gold to your cause. heart  

Rika the Kunoichi

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:09 pm
Thank you. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:03 pm
So pretty much for the month of April we equip daffodils?
uhm and then join a team...

Also Thank you for the invite! ^_^
Not sure if I will be busy for April but I'll try to participate.

-FoolishBox-

Invisible Spark

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:45 am
-FoolishBox-
So pretty much for the month of April we equip daffodils?
uhm and then join a team...

Also Thank you for the invite! ^_^
Not sure if I will be busy for April but I'll try to participate.

Yep, that's it, in a nutshell. All of the Team Captains are very enthusiastic, so whichever team you choose, it's sure to be great fun.

I hope you'll be able to hang out with us then. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:14 am
This seems like a daft question to ask but... can a person be on two teams ? if not I can support one team this year and join the other team next year 3nodding  

Your_Queen_is_back

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:15 am
IrisHouse513
This seems like a daft question to ask but... can a person be on two teams ? if not I can support one team this year and join the other team next year 3nodding

It's a very common question; in fact, it's usually in our FAQ section on the main thread. (Hm. Maybe I should put the FAQ's on this thread too.)

The answer is that you can support multiple teams with your avi, signature, etc, but you must choose one team for the purposes of the Spirit Contest. So like, you can only be an "official" member of one team, with your name on their member list, and you can only join your team's events and contests.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:55 am
Blaizekit
IrisHouse513

It's a very common question; in fact, it's usually in our FAQ section on the main thread. (Hm. Maybe I should put the FAQ's on this thread too.)

The answer is that you can support multiple teams with your avi, signature, etc, but you must choose one team for the purposes of the Spirit Contest. So like, you can only be an "official" member of one team, with your name on their member list, and you can only join your team's events and contests.

Ah ok 3nodding sorry forgot to read the thread you mentioned sweatdrop , but now I'll read it 3nodding . I have the team in mind but ill mention it in April or when it comes time to choose a team biggrin  

Your_Queen_is_back

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:59 am
IrisHouse513
Blaizekit
IrisHouse513

Ah ok 3nodding sorry forgot to read the thread you mentioned sweatdrop , but now I'll read it 3nodding . I have the team in mind but ill mention it in April or when it comes time to choose a team biggrin

Don't worry, you couldn't have read it because that thread is in the crew-only forum of the guild. xD  
The Daffodil Movement For Cancer Awareness

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff