Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
So I quit a guild I was in. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cuz the captain sent out an announcement that basically said,
  "Happy New Year, I'm kicking you all out and maybe shutting down the guild."
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:52 pm
She really has no reason to do this, other than her own boredom with gaia itself. She's planning to only keep a select few in the guild (her personal friends), and since I don't know her that well, I assumed I'd be kicked out. And since she'll be shutting the guild down if she decides to leave gaia (which looks pretty likely, considering her attitude), I decided to just save her the trouble and leave on my own. I was just getting into the guild and meeting people, too. mad

I think the thing that bothered me the most was the fact that she didn't even consider turning the guild over to someone who still wanted to be on gaia. She seems to view it as her own personal clubhouse, and the rest of us were there only by her own grace. See, I think of guilds more as democratic clubs; they may have been created by one person, but if there are lots of people who enjoy it, they should be allowed to do so after the creator leaves.

Do you agree with me or her?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:57 am
I agree with you.

All things should outlive the creator and be preserved so they can be enjoyed by all those that might discover it later.  

xwhateverxdudex

Sweetkitty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:57 pm
I agree with you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:41 pm
PRESERVE EVERYTHING !!!  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:43 pm
*pumps dude full of preservation fluid and puts him in a museum* surprised  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 am
I agree with you.
If she is leaving Gaia, then she has no use at all for the guild anymore. She can very-well turn it over to someone who will run the guild themselves.

It's like with the guild that I was co-captain of. The main captain had to leave Gaia for personal reasons, which left me with the guild. But, there just wasn't many people who were that interested in the guild anymore so it's been more or less abandoned.

x-x-x-x-x
Love Always, Rinioa x-x-x-x-x

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:17 pm
NOT PEOPLE, YOU CRAZY !!!

Or at least wait till they've died... >.>
Or make a clone of them...
Or just a sample of their DNA...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:39 pm
Technically a guild is the creator's personal clubhouse and you are there by their good graces. Member politics and issues aren't even meddled with by site mods unless things get incredibad.

Finding someone you can trust to pass the guild onto and believe will keep the guild going can also be a pain if you want to leave Gaia and not take forever doing so.

Just a different perspective, though I do mostly agree with you. But as democratic as you'd like to believe a guild should be, every guild has a captain that owns it, and ultimately they usually make the final decision on things whether members like it or not. >_<

I feel like a b***h with this post. sweatdrop  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:41 pm
Rinioa
I agree with you.
If she is leaving Gaia, then she has no use at all for the guild anymore. She can very-well turn it over to someone who will run the guild themselves.

It's like with the guild that I was co-captain of. The main captain had to leave Gaia for personal reasons, which left me with the guild. But, there just wasn't many people who were that interested in the guild anymore so it's been more or less abandoned.

x-x-x-x-x
That's always sad when a guild loses its members, but at least it's a natural death instead of being shut down in the midst of frenzied activity.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:02 am
Iakun
Technically a guild is the creator's personal clubhouse and you are there by their good graces. Member politics and issues aren't even meddled with by site mods unless things get incredibad.

Finding someone you can trust to pass the guild onto and believe will keep the guild going can also be a pain if you want to leave Gaia and not take forever doing so.

Just a different perspective, though I do mostly agree with you. But as democratic as you'd like to believe a guild should be, every guild has a captain that owns it, and ultimately they usually make the final decision on things whether members like it or not. >_<

I feel like a b***h with this post. sweatdrop

"incredibad" ?
LOL, nice word ^.^

Don't feel that way.
You're just posting facts.
Nothing wrong with that.

It's how it works. Maybe a pain, but nothing you can do to change it.
Can only control your own guild.  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:22 pm
@Purple;
Yeah. 3nodding It's a sad natural death, but it's better than having a guild-nazi saying you aren't good enough to stay in their guild.

@Iakun;
I understand the point you are trying to make.
Though the guild does belong to the creator, overtime they invite more and more people and guild becomes a clubhouse for everyone and not simply the creator. ...If the creator just totally tells everyone to screw-off and that they are going close the guild then it's basically telling all of the members who cared about the guild that they don't matter.

x-x-x-x-x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:38 pm
Rinioa
@Iakun;
I understand the point you are trying to make.
Though the guild does belong to the creator, overtime they invite more and more people and guild becomes a clubhouse for everyone and not simply the creator. ...If the creator just totally tells everyone to screw-off and that they are going close the guild then it's basically telling all of the members who cared about the guild that they don't matter.

x-x-x-x-x

^ 3nodding

Besides, if she really is leaving gaia, then it shouldn't matter to her where the guild goes or who takes over. She obviously doesn't care about what the members think, so what difference should it make to her if somebody new comes in and changes everything?

As captain, I think of myself more like the intended purpose of the Pres of the US: a servant to the people. Yes, I have to enforce a certain amount of order to keep as many people happy as possible. But I also try to take everyone's needs and interests into account. I actually think it's more fun asking everybody if they want to do something or change something and getting them involved, rather than just doing what I want and making everyone else deal with it.

Don't feel like a b***h, Iakun. You were just expressing an opposing viewpoint. I can understand what you're saying, but I just disagree this time. whee

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:18 pm
LOL

President of the "Divided Guilds of America" ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:59 pm
Like I said, I don't disagree with you. Just that some captains like to make it more of a team effort while others try to rule the world with an iron fist. ^_^; But the dynamic between captain and members is usually established quickly. Did you never get a sense that she wasn't entirely a "team effort" sort of person?  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:24 pm
That's the weirdest part. I never, ever felt like she was a dictator. She had half a dozen mods who handled most of the responsibilities, while she spent most of her guild time hanging out, making polls, and chatting. confused  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff