Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Artists Corner/ Advertising Sub [LOCKED]
Help me with a Manga Idea Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark-Ninja70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:28 pm
I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with the term "One-Shot Manga" but it's basically just one chapter of a manga that is not continued. I was thinking of doing one for practice and have a main idea but need some help.

Basically a group of teens fighting or defending against something, each with unique talents. (Not superhero type things or shooting fire but with weapons)

Maybe in a not far off futuristic tokyo.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:34 pm
Why not, it'll be good pratice for me and my friends one (In process of creation. i'm not really that much of an artist, i'm more writing the storyboard for it)

Anyway

okay.

Set up of characters? (Randomly group who dont know one another, friends who work together...that sorta thing)

Group of enemies, one large enemy, one strong enemy, or a mix of the previous?

Basic idea for weapons skills/Fighting styles?

Settting (I know you got this one down just putting it down for future reference)  

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Regula Kaguya

800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:37 pm
Unique talents, huh? How 'bout one who has heightened reflexes. Another with heightened sense. Then one with strength, etc. "Superhuman" almost. Almost like a new generation of human, lol. I'm sorry xD Just throwing something out there though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:42 pm
so each would be talented and experienced with the use of a specific weapon.? I assume since you said no superhero powers. How about the protagonists are in gangs or something along those lines and they fight in gang wars. Just a suggestion or of course they meet up with each other, and stop this gang from ruling the city.  

Kujomaru

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:45 pm
Like yakuza soughter thing? cause that'd look good, teens in suits kicking a**...lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:12 pm
@Kujomaru & Wings: I like that idea actually, maybe there is some gang kinda like the yakuza or something and they are talking over the town and these group of teens (about 14-18 years old) stop them. For unique weapons/techniques I was thinking like each is skilled a weapon that suits their personality and I'd base the characters off me and my friends.
The one based on me would use a traditional weapon like a katana,
Another would use dual guns or knives (maybe both), another would use a huge sledgehammer or something. xp

I've got the basic designs drawn but as far as a story thats something I have to work on. But I really do like that idea about the gangs I'd have to make it only like 50 pages max, I'd love to work on several chapters but I'm way too lazy so just trying to do this will be a pain but I'm gonna force myself to at least draw something.

[[ I wish I would have started 2 weeks ago when I started my xmas break! >_< ]]  

Dark-Ninja70

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:22 pm
One of them should have knuckle dusters. That'd be good in my point of view (Since thats the soughter weapon i like, that, or something like what Asuma used before he died)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:42 pm
TheWingsOfTheGods
One of them should have knuckle dusters. That'd be good in my point of view (Since thats the soughter weapon i like, that, or something like what Asuma used before he died)

I'll think about it. smile  

Dark-Ninja70

vineco

4,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:58 pm
Have them have these abilities and weapons and allies and enemies. But have them doing a cooking contest instead with the weapons and stuff like how in Prince of Tennis they applied there special moves to other things like bowling in one episode.

^.^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:41 pm
vineco
Have them have these abilities and weapons and allies and enemies. But have them doing a cooking contest instead with the weapons and stuff like how in Prince of Tennis they applied there special moves to other things like bowling in one episode.

^.^

Thanks for the contribution but noooo way lol. xp  

Dark-Ninja70

Dark-Ninja70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:40 pm
TheWingsOfTheGods
Why not, it'll be good pratice for me and my friends one (In process of creation. i'm not really that much of an artist, i'm more writing the storyboard for it)

Anyway

okay.

Set up of characters? (Randomly group who dont know one another, friends who work together...that sorta thing)

Group of enemies, one large enemy, one strong enemy, or a mix of the previous?

Basic idea for weapons skills/Fighting styles?

Setting (I know you got this one down just putting it down for future reference)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:55 pm
are there guns?  

Gardeford Superior

Shirtless Lunatic

8,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Dark-Ninja70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:23 pm
claru gardeford
are there guns?
Maybe, I'm not too sure yet. I'd prefer there not to be because traditional weapons are easier to draw.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:32 pm
I know how you feel. sad I'm cocreating a manga and doing the storyboards for my friend, and i'm trying to put the least ammount of guns possible, but it's a manga where the minions mostly use guns crying  

Gardeford Superior

Shirtless Lunatic

8,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Dark-Ninja70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:33 pm
claru gardeford
I know how you feel. sad I'm cocreating a manga and doing the storyboards for my friend, and i'm trying to put the least ammount of guns possible, but it's a manga where the minions mostly use guns crying
[[ Ouch, that would suck. I find drawing the guns isnt too bad but having the effect of them shooting it is another story. ]]  
Artists Corner/ Advertising Sub [LOCKED]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff