Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Cooking, Baking & Nomming
Milkshakes ala Cold Stone **01 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My milkshake:
  Brings all the boys to the yard
  Attract every man towards the patio
  Causes those of the male gender to make their way in the general direction of the garden area
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:19 pm
When I was working at Cold Stone, we used to make milkshakes. Obviously Cold Stone ice cream would probably make these better, but any old ice cream will do.

Equipment:
For best results you will need: a blender
For Goldie's typical results you will need: a cup of any size (taller tends to be better) and a spoon.

Ingredients:
- Ice cream, any flavor (amount varies)
- Milk (amount varies)
- Mix-ins (approx 1 tbl sp of each that you want, though if your mix-ins aren't soft, I would recommend only doing this with the blender technique)

HERE IS WHAT YOU DO:
1) For whatever the size of your container is, fill it no more than 1/4 full with milk. If you want to be on the safe side, you can always add more milk easier than you can add more ice cream.

2) Next, add as much ice cream as you can to fill it to the top. I seem to recall the blenders we used to have took about six scoops...if you didn't smoosh them down (note: whenever I make this for myself, I usually smoosh the ice cream down). If you DO smoosh it down, you'll know for sure when it's full because the level of milk will be at the same height as the level of ice cream.

3) Add any mix-ins that you so desire. A word of warning here: I once tried to add one of every candy mix-in that we had to see what it was like. It wasn't a good idea. I would recommend trying to go light on the number of mix-ins, but you go ahead and add what you want. It's your milkshake.

4) If you're using a blender, BLEND! Smoothie setting or something similar should work, probably about 90 seconds (depending on just how much ice cream you added and the hardness of your mix-ins). The mixture will blend smoother when it's finished, so that should be an indicator

If you're using a spoon...MIX THAT SUCKER. How long? UNTIL IT'S READY. Again, it's a milkshake. YOU'LL KNOW. Seriously, I do this all the time. It's a great way to just get a glass of milkshake that's way more economical than getting one from a restaurant. Just IMAGINE how many milkshakes you can make with a gallon of milk and a big 'ol tub of ice cream. And how much does that cost you? Probably as much as two large shakes at Cold Stone.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:02 pm
I love you.
Just for this.

I will knit you a sock.
Yes, just one.

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:14 pm
Awww, and I will wear it! On my hand. After gluing little googly eyes to the top of it whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:07 pm
We shall name it...GOLDEN NOVII.

Or we couldn't, but I think you should. XD

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:50 pm
Oh, I totally will. And there will be pictures heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:56 pm
WITH OUR AWESOME POWERS COMBINED, WE WILL TAKE DOWN THE LEGION OF DOOM.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Rosa Cantante

6,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:21 pm
I think that this is my new favorite thread!
Why? Because:
1. Milkshakes are involved
2. Sock puppets
3. the taking down of The Legion of Doom

XD

I seriously love you guys! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:53 pm
And then Goldie won the thread forevar, the end, yay!  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 am
There's never an end, as long as I'm around. >:3  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:13 pm
Damn, Novii, nice avatar. It kinda looks like your hair is throwing purple fireballs.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

TJ_Jaganshi
Vice Captain

7,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:16 pm
Nya! Comes out tasting great! so far though you're my only entrant sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:29 pm
I know! Is sad...Mayhaps I should post a thread in the main forum about this contest like I did with the cosplay one, though that's had varying levels of success as well.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

TJ_Jaganshi
Vice Captain

7,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:38 am
I didn't know about the cosplay contest till I saw your post, next month it's going to be a simpler contest...though I don't know how it could get any easier than drinks sweatdrop heck, I was waiting for a cocoa recipe or something. Heck! Even how to make the world's greatest Tang/Kool-aide  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:50 am
See, my thinking was totally the opposite. Because when it comes to drinks, most of what I drink either A) comes straight out of a bottle/jug/carton, or B) has specific preparation instructions that I don't deviate from. So having a recipe of my own for a drink took some thinking...I wasn't positive that the milkshake would even count xd Alternately, I would have posted my ratio for awesome citrus soda thing that I used to get when I worked at the movie theaters...if I could remember what the ratio was gonk  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

TJ_Jaganshi
Vice Captain

7,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:49 am
lol, I know that feeling, my sis used to come home with a drink from taco bell that she concocted and could never figure out the ratio that she made it. It wound up tasting like cinnamon mint.  
Cooking, Baking & Nomming

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff