Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Harrased for keeping marriage vows. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kartina_KittyKat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:45 am
My girlfriend is a TS MTF. We're actually married since she hasn't switched over yet. However, I've got people bashing on me for keeping my marriage vows to her even though she wasn't honest with me when we got married. (She didn't tell me she was a TS because she was in denial about it and still trying to live like a he.) Seriously though, people are annoying me because they are saying that it's okay if I leave her if I want to because she wasn't honest with me about the TS thing. That's bull. Dishonesty isn't a good reason for divorce in my opinion, but they're giving me crap about it and saying I shouldn't stay with her. All I want is to live with the person I love and spend the rest of my life with them, male or female I don't care. Seriously people, get off my back. They should be commending me for keeping my promises to her, not racking me across the coals about it.

Okay, I feel better now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:52 am
I totally agree! heart  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Alrenn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:09 pm
It sounds like other people are projecting their own uncomfortability (is that a word?) with TS onto you and your marriage. I commend you both for sticking by your principles. Your marriage is more important than their prejudices, and it's awesome that you recognize that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:16 pm
This is the thank you you should have gotten for keeping your integrity and honesty for the love you have with your partner.  

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Kartina_KittyKat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:28 pm
Alrenn
It sounds like other people are projecting their own uncomfortability (is that a word?) with TS onto you and your marriage. I commend you both for sticking by your principles. Your marriage is more important than their prejudices, and it's awesome that you recognize that.

Thanks! I appreciate that... My mate and I had enough people pissy about us just getting married. My parents especially(if they knew about her being a TS... well, they'd probably shoot her)...

Kage-Taisen Twilight
This is the thank you you should have gotten for keeping your integrity and honesty for the love you have with your partner.

Thanks! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:42 pm
To both of you kind souls, Thanks heart It's people with open arms and hearts like you that make life a place worth living in. It's the closed-mindedness of the people like my in-laws that creates pain and hatred. Thanks for being better than that.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:02 am
I agree, I think your friends are still too engrossed in the idea of a typical marriage. I mean if it really bothered you then I could understand a divorce but seeing as you are fine with it I don't see the problem real friends would support you even if they thought it was strange.

In the end its your choice, a lot of people conform though for the sake of seeming normal. My husband rants because this is a society that makes you conform to an idea of breakfast foods. He wishes he could get fried chicken at 8 in the morning xD. Its society though either u conform (or pretend to conform) or you are weird... stare story of my life  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:59 pm
Conformity is all that really matters in society as a whole unfortunately. If someone doesn't conform, that person is thrown out and/or shunned from 'normal' activities of society.  

Kartina_KittyKat

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:07 pm
Don't I know it >.> I wish I could find people who don't always conform and don't do pot stare  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:59 pm
Aw D: Sorry to hear that people are being total jerks to you guys. :[ I hope things turn out better for you.  

Fluffy Tobi

7,700 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Chance Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:50 pm
Hopefully they all will realize that they were wrong for behaving that way towards you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:51 pm
=3
thank you to all of you heart it's always nice to find out that there are people in this world who accept people for who they are. *hugz*  

Kartina_KittyKat

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:37 am
I love the people who think that way... Tit for tat never got justice, it just messed everything up even more...

People do not believe in hard work in relationships. Divorces are so easy and common now that they all expect us to just give up and find someone else. I guess they don't know what love and caring is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:22 pm
Aakosir
I love the people who think that way... Tit for tat never got justice, it just messed everything up even more...

People do not believe in hard work in relationships. Divorces are so easy and common now that they all expect us to just give up and find someone else. I guess they don't know what love and caring is.

I agree... I think a lot of people aren't willing to work at their relationship(s). But it's true that Love isn't just a feeling, it's also an action.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kartina_KittyKat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:38 pm
Foxifyre
Aakosir

I agree... I think a lot of people aren't willing to work at their relationship(s). But it's true that Love isn't just a feeling, it's also an action.

Love is also a choice... sometimes a very difficult one thanks to outside sources, but if you decide to make that choice and keep it, the rewards are wonderful. when you have someone, no matter what happens in your day, they'll be there to say they love you when you get home. heart  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff