Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply The Random Guild
help me, advice anyone? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXx_Gwee_xXx

3,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:35 pm
Hello,

I have Diabetes, and i am so horrible at it. i need some sort of system, or something. any ideas on how to hlep me?

P.S. does anyone know a good way to loose weight question  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:20 pm
btw i've had diabetes since i was 3, and i know i should know what to do, but i am just sooo bad at it! xp  

xXx_Gwee_xXx

3,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

koolay0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:33 pm
um from wat i see on t.v shows.. count calories ummm Have some strict trainer to yell at you for no reason at times and oh become emotional when you have achieved your goal of losing ex amount of pounds or gained =P

but if you wanna know koolay's way well.....i just might have to kill you :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 pm
See a nutritionist.

Be careful that starches are complex carbs. You still need sugars and fats, just need to be careful to get the right moderation but only a nutritionist or dietitian can properly asses your needs.
Soy or other bean based pasta and breads can satisfy the cravings without but will give you protein instead of carbs

Don't uses aspartame sugar substitute- it does cause brain cancer when consumed regularly and as a diabetic you'll probably be having it regularly. The new fake sugars or learning to live without seems better than brain cancer.

Check your feet regularly for any sores or loss of feeling and get optical exams regularly.  

kittycross

Shameless Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

xXx_Gwee_xXx

3,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:53 pm
koolay0
um from wat i see on t.v shows.. count calories ummm Have some strict trainer to yell at you for no reason at times and oh become emotional when you have achieved your goal of losing ex amount of pounds or gained =P

i don't know where i would get a personal trainer and i odn't think that would work for me, because that is reality tv  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:55 pm
kittycross
See a nutritionist.

Be careful that starches are complex carbs. You still need sugars and fats, just need to be careful to get the right moderation but only a nutritionist or dietitian can properly asses your needs.
Soy or other bean based pasta and breads can satisfy the cravings without but will give you protein instead of carbs

Don't uses aspartame sugar substitute- it does cause brain cancer when consumed regularly and as a diabetic you'll probably be having it regularly. The new fake sugars or learning to live without seems better than brain cancer.

Check your feet regularly for any sores or loss of feeling and get optical exams regularly.
thank you very much, that really is good advice  

xXx_Gwee_xXx

3,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

koolay0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:00 pm
xXx_Gwee_xXx
koolay0

i don't know where i would get a personal trainer and i odn't think that would work for me, because that is reality tv

lol its not meant to work xD and if it did well oh em gee im lucky to not have caused your death xP  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:22 am
Oh, wow. I'm sorry to hear. I hope you can get out of that, at some point. Good luck. I wish I could add some extra advice but I'm not very knowledgeable about diabetes. I hope all goes well for you. :]  

44hrygydi

8,250 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

Toxic Pepper
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:24 pm
What type do you have? I have type 1. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:15 pm
O: I hope all goes well for you too, Toxic.  

44hrygydi

8,250 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

EnaLeFay

6,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:34 pm
I seriously don't know that diabetes has 3 type. eek

kittycross gave u one good advice. Or try asking for advice from doctor you have medical experience with.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:42 pm
I'm not the one thats great at this sorta thing, sorry!!! ^^'  

rain the magician

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Toxic Pepper
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:51 pm
illusive_chaos
O: I hope all goes well for you too, Toxic.

Thanks. User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:54 pm
Wait is diabeties common cause i hear about it alot!!!!  

rain the magician

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

2_sweeet_4you

5,350 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:03 pm
well Diabeties can be cause from over weight but alot that I have seen or heard about is passed down from family , but sometimes will pass a generation and go to the next .  
The Random Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff