Submit

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,125 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:06 pm
Activision drove their rhythm franchise into the ground. Now they are pulling the plug.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/02/activision-guitar-hero-layoffs-call-of-duty-beachhead.html

Makes you wonder how other yearly or bi-yearly games will do you know?
The wussy amercian rugby with maddens name on it. Call of doody.

Thoughts femmes and gents?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:09 am
Madden is EA.

The Sports games are going strong and will continue too. EA is faaaar better than Activision.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,125 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:22 am
Kuzodav
Madden is EA.

The Sports games are going strong and will continue too. EA is faaaar better than Activision.

Regardless, how much longer before people get bored of seeing yearly games?

I'm tired of wrestling games to a large degree, and glad rockband announced there will be no band-centric game for a while it seems.

There is going to be another call of duty :3
http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-02-09/call_of_duty_mmo_confirmed_for_chinese_market.shtml

I mean, how much until too much is achieved?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:37 am
Call of Duty is going to stick around for maybe another two years.

I only get my hockey games when there have been big inprovements to the last.

This year's game had improved dekes, broken sticks, a whole entire new game mode, a sub-game mode, better way to achieve stat boosts, a new faceoff system, etc. I only have one football game, Madden 09 because farveis on the cover in a packers jersey, and it was only five bucks, I don't keep up much with what they change in madden. But I won't buy a game just for an updated roster unless nothing's changed for 3 years  

Kuzodav

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:04 am
before rockband and GH, the two seprate developers were one company, they seperated with different ideals and i guess just having a solid system and a good song selection wasn't enough to keep GH ******** i still have my wii controller perifs for it... i will never be able to sell em.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:24 am
Good songs? I take it you didn't play the last one.
Jesus Christ.
It was so shitty.  

Kuzodav

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:43 am
Kuzodav
Good songs? I take it you didn't play the last one.
Jesus Christ.
It was so shitty.
yeah i'm talkin bout 3, world tour, and metallica, all had good songs, greatest hits pretty much had the best selection, didn't play 5, didn't really care for the one beyond that cause i was tired of the wii version sucking so bad.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 am
I'm sincerely shocked...I know 5 was a flop, but I thought Warriors of Rock was a return to form that catered to their original audience.  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Kolexzik

Friendly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:19 am
I knew that Activision was driving Guitar Hero into the ground what with releasing 5 games in a single year. I preferred Rock Band anyway, since Harmonix knows how to keep these kinds of games alive.

My main issue with this discontinuation is that DJ Hero is also being pulled. It only had two games! Both of which were really fun and had lots of potential. The people at FreeStyleGames did amazing work on it, and I'm sad to see that their work has just gone to waste. Hopefully another company picks it up and works with FSG to keep it going.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:54 pm
That makes me wonder how Rock Band will fare. I didn't like RB3 with the Keyboard addition, too much electronic sound and synth and other s**t that just doesn't work well. And the general setlist wasn't that great. Sorry I don't feel like paying $30 for all the songs I would like. With the addition of Pro-mode and half of the achievements being from them, I won't care enough for it. RB4 should just come with real instruments and Tab.

Besides that, GH6 wasn't that great. It has some good songs, as did all the other games. Not a great online song store either. But oh well, it has been around for a while, remember that.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:46 pm
I think music games in general are on their way out, at least in this form. There's only so much they can do to add to them. Harmonix can keep doing DLC for a while, but even when they stop there's already more than enough on there to keep fans of the genre entertained for a good long while. I will be surprised if they make a Rock Band 4.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:18 pm
I really don't see why they pulled the plug on Guitar Hero. They really couldn't have lost that much money from each entry, could they? I guess so. Weird. It's not like it matters much with Rock Band being the exact same thing.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

iBarty

Aged Humorist

9,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:34 pm
Grrr..this sucks because I really like Guitar Hero. I do agree that 6 isn't great though. They didn't have that many great songs on the list, though my favorites were 4 and 5.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:08 am
one thing i hated was the store for the Wii one sucked, cause only 4 had it to my knowledge then when metallica came out, all your store content was not available. it pisses me off sometimes when a series like thsi makes a store in one, then excludes its content from any newer games.

again i'm talking the wii one still.  

Xilo The Odd

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:49 am
Rock Band and Guitar Hero were never really for me, so I can't say I care that either of them die off.  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff