Welcome to Gaia! ::

_~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_

Back to Guilds

Pokeshipping, Palletshipping and so, so much more. 

Tags: Pokemon, Romance, Yaoi, Slash, Shipping 

Reply _~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_
Just how "adult" do you like your Poke'Fandom? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Belial the Worthless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:25 pm
When it comes to Pokemon fanworks, people are always torn between the fact that Pokemon is a kids series and the fact that most of us are adults.
So where do we find the balance?

How much sex, drugs and violence do we let bleed into our Pokemon fandoms? Do we keep it all PG and innocent for the sake of the original content? Or do we darken it up to make it more interesting for us as older readers?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:06 pm
[ Ash + Thunderbolt = Hospital? ]

Pilgrimm

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:08 pm
I like to darken it all a little bit.
Some drugs and drinking. Mainly with Morty smoking pot and Surge drinking a lot.
Especially with Surge stuff. He was in the War after all. Dark stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
Some drugs and drinking. Mainly with Morty smoking pot and Surge drinking a lot.

Haha, i laughed when I read this =)
something about morty and smoking... and ghost pokemon make me laugh.
hehe, >w< thanks I needed that ^_^

Pilgrimm

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:16 pm
Beowulf Kadmus
[Ren The Ryoko]

Morty is such a stoner. Look at him. He's always just so chill. I can see him hanging out with his ghosts, spokin a bowl or two before a Gym Battle.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:35 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
Beowulf Kadmus
[Ren The Ryoko]

Morty is such a stoner. Look at him. He's always just so chill. I can see him hanging out with his ghosts, spokin a bowl or two before a Gym Battle.

Mmh, poke'mon has some subliminal messaging in it smile
man, im trying to think of alot more, i mean when you just think about the gym leaders from yellow version, you can see it. Sabrina was some sort of druggy, and blaine was always a chain smoker in my mind.

Pilgrimm

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:39 pm
Beowulf Kadmus
[Ren The Ryoko]
Beowulf Kadmus
[Ren The Ryoko]

man, im trying to think of alot more, i mean when you just think about the gym leaders from yellow version, you can see it. Sabrina was some sort of druggy, and blaine was always a chain smoker in my mind.

I can very easily see Blaine as a smoker.

I'm not sure about Sabrina. There are so many different ways she's represented. But she just seems so serious to do any kind of mind altering substances, ya know?

I can totally see Whitney getting blazed with Morty as well though.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:41 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
Beowulf Kadmus
[Ren The Ryoko]
Beowulf Kadmus
[Ren The Ryoko]

I'm not sure about Sabrina. There are so many different ways she's represented. But she just seems so serious to do any kind of mind altering substances, ya know?

Sabrina just seems so psychedelic to me, especially when she had the gang trapped in the little doll house >< I could just imagine someone tripping out like that biggrin although I did love that episode.  

Pilgrimm

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:47 pm
Beowulf Kadmus
[Ren The Ryoko]
Beowulf Kadmus
[Ren The Ryoko]
Beowulf Kadmus
[Ren The Ryoko]

Sabrina just seems so psychedelic to me, especially when she had the gang trapped in the little doll house >< I could just imagine someone tripping out like that biggrin although I did love that episode.

As trippy as that is, she really doesn't ACT like someone who's on LSD or Mushrooms or anything. She's just too straight laced. She's not talkative or giggly enough to actively be on a hallucinogen.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:49 pm
Tired of qouting <3

and thanks why I think she could be one, I had a neigbour who was blown off his mind on that stuff, but he never showed it. and the wierd thing was... he was super focused. He wasnt trippy, good aim good mental math, judement and sense.

but he was just... high

Pilgrimm

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

xxKarachan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:14 pm
Um... personally, for me, it... it's complicated
I would say that I do "mature" things to various degrees. It really depends on what I'm doing.

For example, I've done a dark/apocolyptic future roleplay semi-based on the Apokélypse fan trailer, only with the game characters instead. That one was pretty dark. There was drug addiction, painkiller addiction, alcohol, violence of brutal levels...

I've also done more cheerful roleplays. One I'm recalling now... Sure, there was swearing, a little bit of implied sex, but I don't recall terrible violence or alcohol, and I KNOW there wasn't drug use.

Then I know of another I'm currently involved in... there's swearing, there's injury (sprained ankles/wrists, an upcoming car accident, et cetra), we've mentioned alcohol and such in OOC conversations... sex... no drugs though. But there isn't a need for the setting, soyeah.

If the characters are appropriated aged in the roleplay, I have no problems with the presence of swearing/drugs/alcohol/violence/sex. Hell, whenever I play Volkner, he tends to have a smoking addiction. Drinking for Surge sounds perfectly logical to me. So on.

It also depends on the setting a lot too. If I'm doing something intentionally dark, like the apocolyptic roleplay I mentioned earlier, then there's going to be darker material. If I'm doing something more "normal", like Ash aged 17 or something and going to Unova, there probably won't likely be as much mention of darker material.

Sex, mild violence, and swearing come naturally, for me. The middle even in roleplays without aging up, the last with only slight aging, and the first as long as they've appropriately aged. Alcohol and drugs also play in naturally as long as they're appropriately aged and it makes sense in context. Teenagers trying alcohol for the first time just because that's what teens do? Sure.

I'm probably rambling. =w= I'm tired. So I'll cut it here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 am
Beowulf Kadmus
Tired of qouting <3

and thanks why I think she could be one, I had a neigbour who was blown off his mind on that stuff, but he never showed it. and the wierd thing was... he was super focused. He wasnt trippy, good aim good mental math, judement and sense.

but he was just... high

Hm. Interesting reaction. I have to wonder what he was on.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:58 am
xx Kara-chan xx
Um... personally, for me, it... it's complicated
I would say that I do "mature" things to various degrees. It really depends on what I'm doing.

For example, I've done a dark/apocolyptic future roleplay semi-based on the Apokélypse fan trailer, only with the game characters instead. That one was pretty dark. There was drug addiction, painkiller addiction, alcohol, violence of brutal levels...

I've also done more cheerful roleplays. One I'm recalling now... Sure, there was swearing, a little bit of implied sex, but I don't recall terrible violence or alcohol, and I KNOW there wasn't drug use.

Then I know of another I'm currently involved in... there's swearing, there's injury (sprained ankles/wrists, an upcoming car accident, et cetra), we've mentioned alcohol and such in OOC conversations... sex... no drugs though. But there isn't a need for the setting, soyeah.

If the characters are appropriated aged in the roleplay, I have no problems with the presence of swearing/drugs/alcohol/violence/sex. Hell, whenever I play Volkner, he tends to have a smoking addiction. Drinking for Surge sounds perfectly logical to me. So on.

It also depends on the setting a lot too. If I'm doing something intentionally dark, like the apocolyptic roleplay I mentioned earlier, then there's going to be darker material. If I'm doing something more "normal", like Ash aged 17 or something and going to Unova, there probably won't likely be as much mention of darker material.

Sex, mild violence, and swearing come naturally, for me. The middle even in roleplays without aging up, the last with only slight aging, and the first as long as they've appropriately aged. Alcohol and drugs also play in naturally as long as they're appropriately aged and it makes sense in context. Teenagers trying alcohol for the first time just because that's what teens do? Sure.

I'm probably rambling. =w= I'm tired. So I'll cut it here.

I can TOTALLY see Volkner as a smoker, for sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:53 am
xD It always made sense to me. Usually, he was never QUITE a chain smoker, but he still smoked pretty regularly. And then there was Flint, who would never approve and was the one who'd always call him out on it. "You know what that does to your lungs?" and all. While Volkner would just be all uncaring and "Yeah, whatever".  

xxKarachan

Yellow-kun
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:28 am
I can see giving more adult characters more adult vices. Surge drinking, Volkner smoking, Morty and drugs.

I just dislike it when people try to give those attributes to the characters that are still kids, ya know?  
_~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff