Games We Have Discredited Due to Age/Popularity Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:56 am
Essentially. Everyone gets tired of hearing about Final Fantasy VII, you have a bunch of people constantly saying how great it is, and it does get old. OMG, HALO, OMG MW2. Are popular games, they're decent. But not good.

Sure, games a lot of fancraze and ridiculous over-boasting, but that's other peoples' opinions that we're allowing to grind against out own views of the game.

Recently, I just replayed Kingdom Hearts (Original), in fact. I am typing this as the credits role. It is honestly a great game. I'm not going to write a fanfic about it or squeel about how hot Riku is. But seriously. It's a damn good game, and I had let a lot of different views skew my own opinion.

So, what games have do you guys love, but have forgotten or unloved, or really need to replay, thinking that maybe it's time to pick them back up, and re-experience?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:24 am
I'm playing Ristar. Gonna get hit with a nostalgia bomb, I know it. crying

Plus I never touched FF9 because it seemed a bit lack luster compared to ff6 and ff8 not sales wise oh no I don't judge a game by popularity. I judge it based on personal preferences.

Take KH, I tried the first one and didn't mind it. Though the thought of Disney ,and anime angst abound grated me a little bit. Didn't finish it but was content in trying it.

The game out of that convolution I enjoyed was the GBA game. It had a card system for assist attackers. Made me think of Spider Man and Venom Maximum Carnage. 'cept you know it wasn't a spiderman beat em up with that beat em up feel to it. If you don't mind beat em ups I suggest you give both games mentioned in this paragraph a shot.

Though unless you like to endure bad games, stay away from the Spider-man and Venom sequel "Separation Anxiety" LJN knows only how to ******** up. Sure it's got two player which the first one needed. But it's rather assy. I regard "Maximum Carnage" as LJN's only game that fared well, and didn't have horrible programming/difficulty curves.

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:58 am
The Call of Duty games really don't interest me at all. And yes, I have played them. Despite my best friend being a Call of Duty fanboy, I probably won't buy a CoD game. Especially not MW2.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:23 am
Super Cheesio
The Call of Duty games really don't interest me at all. And yes, I have played them. Despite my best friend being a Call of Duty fanboy, I probably won't buy a CoD game. Especially not MW2.

I know right? I have played those games lots online, but I have never bought a COD game. Always had friends around me who go out and buy everysingle one. razz

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:45 pm
I didn't mean COD. I was just thinking of a popular game off the top of my head.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:49 pm
Okami is one of my favorite games of all time, and it never really got a lot of publicity. I would love to play it again, too bad my friend is borrowing it.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:37 pm
Beyond Good and Evil is an awesome game I haven't played in a long time. Wasn't very popular, and the sequal was canceled but brought back up again recently. But they still don't seem very busy on it. They also put the original on the downloadable services, hopefully they get the extra sales they need to get back on that sequal.

I'll probably buy it off there sometime soonish and play it again, it'll be great.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:49 pm
if you want minigames, and creation unlimited, Search high and low for a used copy of Amazing Island, if they are in good condition everything should sound right in the game, the one i got has some screwed up voices but other than that its still intact. it wasn't openly advertised much most looked at it and would think crap ware but it really isn't, with multi capability and an infinite number of possible creatures you could make its worth the 8$ most game stop stores charge.  

Xilo The Odd

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:23 pm
actually forget it i'll just keep my mouth shut  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:53 pm
Waynebrizzle
actually forget it i'll just keep my mouth shut
"Earthbound sucks."  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:13 am
Waynebrizzle
Kid Icarus.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 am
Oh, now I got it.

TF2 is a genuinely good game.  

Kuzodav

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 am
One of my favorite games that no one has heard about is Atelier Iris and Atelier Iris 2. They were the first games I've played from NIS (most known for Disgaea) and got me hooked on the company. Haven't played either of them in a long time. Sure, the games may seem a little cliched now compared to all the other RPGs out there, but I still hold it near and dear to my heart.

Another one I've been meaning to pick back up is Riviera: The Promised Land, another almost never heard of gem.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:31 am
YOU MEAN "HAT COLLECTION SIMULATOR 2?"

LOLOLOL  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Tae-Kwon-Doh-Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:10 pm
I've let popular perception skew my opinion on RPGs in general. That reason and the fact that I wasn't all that impressed by FF7 and the amount of time needed for that and other games of that type is the reason I dislike RPGs  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff