Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
The Rant of A Troll (AKA: Advice from a Survivor) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Worst Part of High School
BF/GF dumping you D:
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nobody realizing that you are so special :,(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm so different that everyone hates me T_T
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Being picked on for being different :S
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Listening to the any of the above for hours on end.
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 18

Coyote Master Brutus

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:51 am
Whenever I head into a serious discussion forum, I will undoubtedly stumble upon the "OMG GUISE, HIGH SCHOOL IS SOO HARD AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" Thread. Why? What is it about High School that really makes it so freaking hard? I mean, seriously, its four years of your life, suck it up or get home-schooled. So, I am opening this thread up to SERIOUS PROBLEMS OF A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT so you can all see how petty and stupid these problems really are in the long run. In fact, just for funzies, I'll talk about my life in comparison.

Let the pity parade beginnnnnnnn, NOW.

ProTip: College is worse, military is insane. Lived through both. Party hard.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:33 pm
Highschool probably seems hard to most people because they have never experienced anything harder. Personally my high school was too easy :p  

00Shoe
Captain

Canis The White

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:03 pm
Military academy for my high school. I love it! But I can't wait to graduate and go into the Navy.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:15 pm
Highschool is suppose to be your social four years of your life. It's hard if you have a disablity, but not impossible. I know....but the actual school work and test....you're kidding me if you think that is hard.  

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:22 pm
i agree kira its also hard if people look down on you as you said it is a social time. if you aren't social or are left out for any reason it can seem much harder. I'm not fussing or whining but i wish I had more understanding friends when I was in high school that would have made it a bit more bearable... that and if people hadn't teased me as much. I was just the oddball i didnt fit the mold in a small school (my class size was 30.) it was also small town life and thats always full of drama >.>

its really the social aspect that makes high school hard. If the girls who liked to gossip and put people down backed off

if the guys who thought they were better than everyone else would take a while and just shut up

and if your friends took the time to stick up for you that would make high school easier for a lot of the people who dont fit in.

I'm not saying in anyway that high school is torture but i am saying that people can make it a living hell for you if they really don't like you.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:40 pm
Sadly, there are simple incidents that happen in high school that can ruin everything. For example, I broke up with an ex and he harassed me calling me a whore in the halls of school. He got his friends to join him, my "friends" turned against me, even his family joined in! I recieved phone calls about every week. This went of for a while, even though I had gone to the principal many, many times. It go so bad that I literally got sick when I went to school, so I stayed home. Even if I did make it to school I spent most of the say in the office. I only had my family to help me since all my friends turned out to be pieces of s**t... I finally had to go to the police, more than once. And the only way it stopped was for me to drop off the face of the earth, completely.

But you know what, that made me really think about people and what they will do just because someone dumped them... People really are pathetic, which is why I would much rather just have my family and not deal with anyone outside of it. But it's even more pathetic that my mother-in-law is just like one of those kids in high school! The woman frickin harassed me for not having an abortion. WTF?! I'm more mature than half of my in-laws.

So yea. People can be pieces of s**t, which can make life hell no matter what. Looking back now, I wish I had been a loner with no friends. Would have made my life a hell of a lot easier. I never understood the drama people started back then, I was too busy trying to escape something that i didn't even start. "well you dumped that dude." Well do you know how many people dump others?

Wow... That kind of turned in to a rant redface

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:57 pm
Personally, I love school. It's the only time I ever get to see most of my friends, because I'm always too busy at home to go visiting or go to parties, and my best friend's parents don't like me.
But one thing I dislike about school is that one of my teachers (who is, ironically, the teacher of one of my favourite classes) is a total douche bag that picks on and humiliates his students and makes them feel insecure about themselves.
And also, I hate that there are stuck-up snobs who will insult my friends. I don't care if they insult me, but when they start going at my friends it either really pisses me off or makes me really sad. It especially hurts that the one guy in my school who is actually worth anything (hint: I love him) is very often the target of negative comments and rude jokes just because he's different from everyone else and does things his own unique way...
*The hyena has finished ranting now; you may go on.*  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:35 am
Canis The White
Military academy for my high school. I love it! But I can't wait to graduate and go into the Navy.

You said you're going into the Navy, do you know what you want your OS to be? And what year of High School are you in? If, Senior, have you enlisted already and gotten your ship date?

My high school years are coming to an end. I'm just two/three weeks away from crossing the stage and flipping off my entire senior class. Academically, it's been a cake walk, and not that challenging cake walk they give you in Portal... Socailly, well, it's still been easy, but only because I hung around the "outcasts" and the theater geeks, so nothing was sacred or weird.  

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150

Canis The White

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:27 am
Jonstalker62
Canis The White

You said you're going into the Navy, do you know what you want your OS to be? And what year of High School are you in? If, Senior, have you enlisted already and gotten your ship date?

My high school years are coming to an end. I'm just two/three weeks away from crossing the stage and flipping off my entire senior class. Academically, it's been a cake walk, and not that challenging cake walk they give you in Portal... Socailly, well, it's still been easy, but only because I hung around the "outcasts" and the theater geeks, so nothing was sacred or weird.

Well, I haven't passed MEPS yet, but I'm going to be an Electronics Technician (ET). I'm a senior in high school.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:37 am
Canis The White
Jonstalker62
Canis The White

Well, I haven't passed MEPS yet, but I'm going to be an Electronics Technician (ET). I'm a senior in high school.

That's cool, when you say ET, do you mean straight ET or some special field? I applied for the NUC program and I'm still unsure if I want to be MT, ET, or EM.... choices choices....  

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150

Canis The White

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:12 pm
Jonstalker62
Canis The White
Jonstalker62
Canis The White

That's cool, when you say ET, do you mean straight ET or some special field? I applied for the NUC program and I'm still unsure if I want to be MT, ET, or EM.... choices choices....

Since I got a 97th percentile on my ASVAB, I'm doing the nuclear program.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:36 pm
The dude at the top of the page is right
Just suck it up !!!!! I've been assaulted, stabbed in the foot with a switchblade, had 3 of my ribs broken by a bat, and nearly lost my life to diabetes ( type 1)
If I can take that much, then who says any other teenager cant
And if every other teenager can go through the crap that I've gone through, then seriously, how hard could high school be?!
Not, that, hard!!! :3
Now applying for your first job, I think THATS hard.... Just saying....  

Acidburn95

3,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:51 am
Canis The White
Jonstalker62
Canis The White
Jonstalker62
Canis The White

Since I got a 97th percentile on my ASVAB, I'm doing the nuclear program.

Sweet dude, I got a 96. I'll totally see you there! Send me a PM when you get through MEPS and get your ship date, we can see if we end up in the boot camp at the same time!  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:27 am
Acidburn95

Pft. My first job was a cinch. Just wait until you need to move out on your own then start to take care of your family.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Acidburn95

3,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:24 pm
Aakosir
Acidburn95

Pft. My first job was a cinch. Just wait until you need to move out on your own then start to take care of your family.

Well, I'm sixteen, so I don't have a job yet
And it's a big step forward in a teens life, so.....  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff