Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
I'm bored Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:53 pm
anyone want to talk i will talk about pretty much anything if I know anything about it.

I like art and movies so feel free to talk about those as well as anything else you want to talk about.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:13 pm
I am always up for a chat. Whether it be in forum or in PM, doesn't matter to me biggrin  

00Shoe
Captain

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:17 pm
Here is something to try. Since you like movies try to run a Charlie Sheen comparison. You state a movie then think of the weirdest character in the movie then compare then to Charlie Sheen. Then you do a "What if..." scenario about the two meeting.

Example: Van Gogh... he cut off his ear.
Charlie Sheen would probably cut off his pinky and put it on display for Donald Trump.

I saw this being done in towns XD.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:27 pm
Kage wow just wow >.<

and sure shoe XD I am working hard on coloring the things for our project they are turning out super nice i will show you some in a bit ^^  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:24 pm
Very creative and interesting I know.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:30 pm
maybe you could give me a tip on drawing anthro art if you do that  

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:38 pm
Deaths kitsune

Sure I would love to it just depends on your art style really. If I don't know what an animal looks I look at them rather closely and see what exact shape the ears have what types of patterns are present on the body and the shapes of the tails.

If you need help drawing the human side of an antrho then i suggest using a photograph to get body placement the way that's natural.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:40 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

Sure I would love to it just depends on your art style really. If I don't know what an animal looks I look at them rather closely and see what exact shape the ears have what types of patterns are present on the body and the shapes of the tails.

If you need help drawing the human side of an antrho then i suggest using a photograph to get body placement the way that's natural.

i think my main problem is that i dont know my style truthfully. i could link you some of my sketches, but i honestly dont know what that would do.

and ya, i want to pose for some pictures what i would use as a ref. to get a good idea of how to get everything down right  

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:40 pm
Kage-Taisen Twilight
Very creative and interesting I know.

yes it is very creative but it would be just as bad as comparing hollywood relationships to twilight >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:45 pm
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

i think my main problem is that i dont know my style truthfully. i could link you some of my sketches, but i honestly dont know what that would do.

and ya, i want to pose for some pictures what i would use as a ref. to get a good idea of how to get everything down right

Well me seeing your style would be nice I think you posted that link to facebook once. I think its similar to my style which is manga/cartoon

To get a body pose right you have to just watch the pose and work hard to get it just right. I know I have a light line which means when I draw the lines are very light at first which i do on purpose to make moving them easy.  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:48 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

Well me seeing your style would be nice I think you posted that link to facebook once. I think its similar to my style which is manga/cartoon

To get a body pose right you have to just watch the pose and work hard to get it just right. I know I have a light line which means when I draw the lines are very light at first which i do on purpose to make moving them easy.

ok. i honestly think i need some classes, becasue to be honest the only art class i have taken and fully gotten threw is highschool art 1. (got sick for 3 weeks and missed alot of my college art so i had to drop it. 4 project behind....)

And yep. i have friends who tell me the same thing. start off light.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:11 pm
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

ok. i honestly think i need some classes, becasue to be honest the only art class i have taken and fully gotten threw is highschool art 1. (got sick for 3 weeks and missed alot of my college art so i had to drop it. 4 project behind....)

mhm if i were you I would either go find a comic book or if u can find a coloring book based off of a comic book. I know my family had one from X-men and just pracitce drawing them from sight. It gets you to feel the body placement and you can see exactly where it gets off by merely placing your drawing on top of the picture you drew from when a light is behind it.

Once you do ok at that I would move up to only using the body poses but then adding new things like wings or tails or a different hair style.

The reason why i say a coloring book is because its simple lines.

It's a epiphany a weird one I had in 6th grade. That when you think about it we almost have lines around the outsides of our bodies. with a coloring book the lines are there with no interference from color. Making it easier to see the main lines you need.

Once you move up from there try drawing from human figures I have a whole folder chock full of images of girls in different poses most of which I have drawn at some point.

I think that's the best way to help you. and it's not that you really need classes. I conditioned myself over 11 years and that's why I am good at what I do now. I have worked on watching for those outside lines present on the body. Granted I still have things to work on... hands are a chore mouths are a pain... eyes sometimes get me so do legs and feet.

I know i cant come up with a decent pose without a photograph just because i have to visually see the pose otherwise it comes out like the person looks uncomfortable or the are just fairly awkward... there's just always something about them that's a little off and it just depends on the picture as to what it is.  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:20 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

mhm if i were you I would either go find a comic book or if u can find a coloring book based off of a comic book. I know my family had one from X-men and just pracitce drawing them from sight. It gets you to feel the body placement and you can see exactly where it gets off by merely placing your drawing on top of the picture you drew from when a light is behind it.

Once you do ok at that I would move up to only using the body poses but then adding new things like wings or tails or a different hair style.

The reason why i say a coloring book is because its simple lines.

It's a epiphany a weird one I had in 6th grade. That when you think about it we almost have lines around the outsides of our bodies. with a coloring book the lines are there with no interference from color. Making it easier to see the main lines you need.

Once you move up from there try drawing from human figures I have a whole folder chock full of images of girls in different poses most of which I have drawn at some point.

I think that's the best way to help you. and it's not that you really need classes. I conditioned myself over 11 years and that's why I am good at what I do now. I have worked on watching for those outside lines present on the body. Granted I still have things to work on... hands are a chore mouths are a pain... eyes sometimes get me so do legs and feet.

I know i cant come up with a decent pose without a photograph just because i have to visually see the pose otherwise it comes out like the person looks uncomfortable or the are just fairly awkward... there's just always something about them that's a little off and it just depends on the picture as to what it is.

this is all very helpful. thank you.

and yes, i share the same thing. i have to see what im drawing, otherwise it wont turn out well unless im having a good day and my mind is focused enough for me to do something  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:33 pm
Deaths kitsune

and yes, i share the same thing. i have to see what im drawing, otherwise it wont turn out well unless im having a good day and my mind is focused enough for me to do something

Mhm no problem ^^ I like giving drawing advice. I like to know i can help people get better... if I could show you some of the stuff I made in 7th and 8th grade >.> i remember my anorexic dragons they were horrid >.< lol but thats because i drew the circles and lines and just connected the circles with straight lines  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:37 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

Mhm no problem ^^ I like giving drawing advice. I like to know i can help people get better... if I could show you some of the stuff I made in 7th and 8th grade >.> i remember my anorexic dragons they were horrid >.< lol but thats because i drew the circles and lines and just connected the circles with straight lines

we all have to learn somewhere.
Im still kickin myself that i missed an art panel at a furmet a while back where the guy was willing to give one on one help. but rockband made me forget

(btw, the tektek you gave me. i did tweet it a bit. im still getting items, but thank you for that too)  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff