Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
If everyone on the earth turned into a furry herm overnight. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

candybunny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:55 am
this planet would be alot better ><

It removes the whole gender gender conflict and racism and ect. and would generally make the world a better place.

Now we just need someone to get a magic lamp, or like....some kind of genetic disease engineered to spread in the water.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:04 pm
Then there would be species conflicts and those that get surgically altered to retain just 1 gender sweatdrop Besides I don't want to be a herm lol blaugh  

PaladinCat

Moonlight Werewolf

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:15 pm
Yea... That would not work. Considering human nature we would find something be be jealous about then it would start all over. Plus, it wouldn't stop people from cheating, there's one problem already. It would not stop people from hating each other, second problem. It would make furry haters pissed, therefore possibly start a war.

And I like being female so I would get surgically changed back.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:20 pm
People would always figure out something to fight over.

It is an interesting thought. Would people even realize the change, if not there would be A LOT of upset people in the world.  

00Shoe
Captain

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:37 pm
It would make gay people pissed because they tend to think dirty clams are the bane of all evil and avoid them like the plague.

And it would make me pissed because I'm straight and I don't want p***s in my way.

So no.

Why do people come up with all these stupid ******** ideas. They automatically assume that becoming furry will fix every problem in the world, because they assume that the fandom is one giant all-accepting hugbox, maybe because that's the only people they've met online or in person.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:47 pm
This is nice in theory only. You happened to skip the real problem. We are humans / humane (rational beings) therefore we think and in thinking we form opinions and judgments. So your wish could be remade to a less cost consuming one of if everyone in the world didn't care about others' physical appearance other than weight than things would be better.

P.S. We all know 3 obesse people on an elevator make us uncomfortable so don't judge my rationalizing of weight prejudice XD.

P.P.S. Tyrell Owens would also make 4 less apologies which would then add one more apology for havign to retract the unnecessary apologies he already made.

(That was a long ramble...)  

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Bolt BioHazard

Destruction

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:58 pm
the idea would be comforting if you scratch out rasicm and human nature and the fact some animals have different appendages but if you read "animal farm" i think something close to that would happen  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:41 am
Y'all are also missing out on the breeding issues everyone being a hermaphrodite would cause. Herms don't work the way that murry-purry furries like to draw them where they have both sets of fully functional genitalia. Biology don't work dat way folks.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:52 am
shoki_de_nai
Y'all are also missing out on the breeding issues everyone being a hermaphrodite would cause. Herms don't work the way that murry-purry furries like to draw them where they have both sets of fully functional genitalia. Biology don't work dat way folks.

There are some that can reproduce, but it's not like you could easily tell if they have the role of the female or male. Most of them decide to just become one gender, but some are sterile because if they only had working male reproductive organs then they wouldn't be able to produce eggs and vice versa. Horemones can't really make someone produce what their body can't.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:45 pm
Aakosir
shoki_de_nai

There are some that can reproduce, but it's not like you could easily tell if they have the role of the female or male. Most of them decide to just become one gender, but some are sterile because if they only had working male reproductive organs then they wouldn't be able to produce eggs and vice versa. Horemones can't really make someone produce what their body can't.

Thus it would not remove gender conflict as the OP suggested and would still make breeding more difficult.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:29 am
This wouldn't really solve any problems at all. Like others says people always find something to hate about each other. In this case it would probably be things like species and such.

Also having everyone be herms wouldn't really make much people happy at all. Most people are happy as the gender they are and wouldn't want to be the opposite or both. And being a herm is not how it is really how you see it in pictures. And I would probably after a while of it get surgery to be female since I hate being a guy XP  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:02 am
shoki_de_nai
Aakosir
shoki_de_nai

Thus it would not remove gender conflict as the OP suggested and would still make breeding more difficult.

I know. It would probably make it a hell of a lot worse.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:55 am
not to mention everyone would have periods and stuff D: lol  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:44 am
Sad thing is that as long as there is independence or different people, there will always be ignorance and hatred. Furry or not. Plus the world would be boring if everything was the same.  

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

Coyote Master Brutus

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:57 am
I facepalmed so hard that my brain nearly fell out of the back of my head.

All of these theories on how to make the world better.... Why can't we just accept we are what we are? We are all screwed up we are all going to fight and that WILL NOT change if we all suddenly are furry hems. In fact, I think I'd be even more pissed off lol.  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff