Submit

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:15 pm
So, what did you guys think of the first episode of Series 6?

Personally, I thought it was a great way to start the series off with a big bang (if you'll pardon the pun). A bit confusing at times, but still a great episode. And what a cliffhanger! I don't think I can wait for a whole week! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:00 am
the plot was much clearer if you rewatch it without the commercial (there were too many and they disrupted the plot). I really liked it; it seems as if there will always be wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.  

ezactron14

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:52 pm
Honestly if that was "limited" commercial interruption I would hate to see unlimited.

But it really was a good episode. It had me unable to look away. However usually I can feel a cliffhanger coming. this left me thinking "wait, what? that was it?" But overall it was amazing.
The Doctor's death scene was brilliantly done. Shooting it from that distance showed just how far away and helpless everyone was.
and i seriously think this alien threat ranks up there with the Weeping Angels and the Vashta Nerada [shameless begging for Arena votes] Last day to vote guys. Help me out. My Submission [/begging]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:43 pm
It wasn't bad for a first episode of the season, but it felt more like the first of the two part season finale. Though I cant wait for the next.  

NatsumenoKage

Codebreaking Dragon

20,125 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Festive Eye 50

Plasaar

Versatile Lunatic

13,625 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:08 pm
I thought it was an excellent episode, although apparently, according to the BBC, it was actually one of the worst series opening episodes, in terms of viewing figures stressed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:37 pm
I LOVED heart the episode, but...
it's too early for a two-part episode (maybe it's just me).

P.S. Is the intro always going to have Amy Pond do a mini-narrative of how she met the Doctor and who he is? I think it is kind of stupid. We already know who he is and how he met her...WE ARE DOCTOR WHOVIANS.  

geekwho

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:12 pm
I think it was just the Americans that got the BS and it better be the last time too.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 pm
That opening mini-narrative really irritated me. I enjoyed the episode's narrative and the episode, but it lacked the epic-ness that typically accompanies premiers.  

ezactron14

Maeko-Hana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:05 pm
I quite liked Amy's narrative, even though I've been a who fan for ages upon millenia, i thought it was nice...and helpful to people new to the show, or those who didn't see the last season.

Those monsters are terrifying, they put the weeping angels to shame!

I can't wait for part 2! I really wish it had been a 2 hour premiere episode, instead of a 2-parter...too many questions and curiosities.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:21 pm
I on the who enoyed it. But I did guess Amy was going to have a baby even before she started being sick.  

Kalzonie

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

geekwho

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:18 am
Amy isn't pregnant to me because River Song was experiencing the same sickness after viewing and forgetting the aliens.
Also, I am for sure that the room that River Song unlocked is the same one as the one in the episode "The Lodger". Perhaps the girl in the space suit is just bait like that episode.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:58 pm
Maeko-Hana
I quite liked Amy's narrative, even though I've been a who fan for ages upon millenia, i thought it was nice...and helpful to people new to the show, or those who didn't see the last season.

Those monsters are terrifying, they put the weeping angels to shame!

I can't wait for part 2! I really wish it had been a 2 hour premiere episode, instead of a 2-parter...too many questions and curiosities.

1st point: Yeah, there are a lot of people who are new to the show who needed that little narration. There was a lot of hype for this season, so there's bound to be a lot more people.

2st point: They are pretty scary, but I still like the weeping angels better. They do have the same sort of context though, don't they. That they rely on sight.

3rd point: Yeah, it would have worked better as 2 hours, it just didn't have enough in it for me for 1 episode, but Moffat wants us to be in suspense, and so we must be

geekwho
Amy isn't pregnant to me because River Song was experiencing the same sickness after viewing and forgetting the aliens.
Also, I am for sure that the room that River Song unlocked is the same one as the one in the episode "The Lodger". Perhaps the girl in the space suit is just bait like that episode.

1st point: I'm sure she is, she probably checked. I don't think she thinks she is because she's just been feeling a bit sick. I think she only remembered to tell him because she still subconsciously remembers the monster telling her to

2nd point: It's the same sort of thing, but not exactly the same. Wasn't the one in "The Lodger" suppose to be a TARDIS sort of thing? I guess this is one two, but not the same one. And if it is one of them, it has a crew (the monsters), it doesn't need a pilot.

Reilas

Dapper Darling

Lord Shadow IX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:09 pm
This episodes' ending jumped the shark. And I can guess what she will be/was/is.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:36 pm
Ducks and Fowls

2nd point: It's the same sort of thing, but not exactly the same. Wasn't the one in "The Lodger" suppose to be a TARDIS sort of thing? I guess this is one two, but not the same one. And if it is one of them, it has a crew (the monsters), it doesn't need a pilot.

actually they used the exact same set so i can only assume it's the same thing.

are we going to talk about part two here or start a new one for that?  

SaphiraStar

Lord Shadow IX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:38 pm
SaphiraStar
Ducks and Fowls

actually they used the exact same set so i can only assume it's the same thing.

are we going to talk about part two here or start a new one for that?

Discuss it here is my vote.  
The Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces