Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Hello and Welcome! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:14 pm
Please introduce yourself, and feel free to post pics of any of your artistic creations!

I'm Emm-Kaye, and I do and/or have done a lot of different crafts, which include: knitting, crochet, spinning, bead work, jewelry making, macrame and knot work (different but similar), origami, sewing (both costumes & regular clothing), dyeing fabric, leather work, ceramics, etc...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:52 pm
We've just gotten started with the guild, so there's not much to see yet...keep checking back though!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

hirochan28

5,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:26 pm
Hey, I was the vice captain of this guild before it got sold :3 I and my friends (one was the captain, the other a crew member) are really into crocheting, making amigurumis. Here's a link to my deviantart so you can check out what I've done:

Hiro-chan28

I like the idea of this being a crafter guild, it's a nice change from it being an RP guild ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:30 pm
hirochan28
Hey, I was the vice captain of this guild before it got sold :3 I and my friends (one was the captain, the other a crew member) are really into crocheting, making amigurumis. Here's a link to my deviantart so you can check out what I've done:

Hiro-chan28

I like the idea of this being a crafter guild, it's a nice change from it being an RP guild ^_^

Very cool! They are amazing! Was the Charizard hard to do?  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

hirochan28

5,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:33 pm
Actually, that was one of the things that I favorited ^^;; hehe..... If you go to my gallery, you can see stuff that I've made. I do plan on making lots of pokemon though :3  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:38 pm
The hamster & Domo are great! (The rest are too). I think I really like the fox, tho...  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

hirochan28

5,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:50 pm
hehehe lots of people liked the fox too :3 I got two more requests to make them after people saw them at my artist alley table at toracon 2010.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:31 pm
hirochan28
hehehe lots of people liked the fox too :3 I got two more requests to make them after people saw them at my artist alley table at toracon 2010.

Do you work from a pattern, or make it up as you go along?  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:56 pm
Lessee...

I do crochet, beading, drawin', and now tatting! Just started that one today. I'm super excited. And I have a class in tatting coming up not this week but next week! Wooo!!

=D

No pictures. All mys stuff I give to people, and I never thought to take pictures. I guess I could show some drawings, but I'm not very good. x.x  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:03 pm
Hardcore Uvula
Lessee...

I do crochet, beading, drawin', and now tatting! Just started that one today. I'm super excited. And I have a class in tatting coming up not this week but next week! Wooo!!

=D

No pictures. All mys stuff I give to people, and I never thought to take pictures. I guess I could show some drawings, but I'm not very good. x.x

I've tried tatting - it's fun, but complex. Not really hard, just takes a while to get the hang of it wink  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

hirochan28

5,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Emm-Kaye
hirochan28

I worked from a pattern for the first piece I made a long time ago, but now I just make up my own patterns. I'm planning to start an Etsy shop and sell my work, so it's just easier, legal wise, for me not to have to deal with copyrighted patterns :p  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:06 pm
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Lessee...

=D

I've tried tatting - it's fun, but complex. Not really hard, just takes a while to get the hang of it wink

Wah, my chemistry teacher does tatting! He's super amazing at it!! Makes me jealous >< I've wanted to learn for a while, but haven't had the time  

hirochan28

5,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Day Dream Walker

Gracious Fairy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:11 pm
I'd like to learn tatting, but it looks really hard eek  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:15 pm
I've been trying to teach myself to spin. The biggest problem for me is I'm allergic to sheep's wool. Alpaca is really nice, but really expensive, so it's been slow going.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:16 pm
hirochan28
Emm-Kaye
hirochan28

I worked from a pattern for the first piece I made a long time ago, but now I just make up my own patterns. I'm planning to start an Etsy shop and sell my work, so it's just easier, legal wise, for me not to have to deal with copyrighted patterns :p

I tend to start out trying to follow a pattern, and change it as I go along - sometimes it works out better, sometimes not biggrin  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff