[PRP] Rolling in the Deep (drowning sleep & tidal wave) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cashmeresky

Dangerous Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:15 pm
User ImageGnaw stood perfectly still, almost knee deep in the water. It was his favourite fishing spot. The mangrove roots weren't dense, but enough for fish to go and find shade in the heat of noon. His eyes flicked back and forth, waiting for an unsuspecting fish to leave the safety of the roots. A small shimmer was visible from the corner of his eye. No longer than a second later did Gnaw whip around and lunge at the fish, which didn't have a chance to think twice before it ended up in Gnaw's jaws.

Pleased with his catch, Gnaw decided to find somewhere quiet to eat his fish. He finds and area where the water just grazes his ankle and starts to eat the small fish he caught.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tidal Wave was dozing in the sun, bher damp hide soaking up the warmth through the coarse sand. The water where the stream fed the ocean trickled near by and she could here little splashes from the fish now and then. It was a large splash that suddenly woke her up.

The doe looked up and around, but found no one. Spray hid in the shadows of the trees, cautious the drying element the sun presented. But the slug was silent, obviously not the cause.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rising to her feet, she went in search. Tidal Wave didn't need to go far before she saw a buck, eating a fish in the shallow waters.

Not wanting to interrupt, or to have to engage in a conversation, Tidal Wave turned to go.

Spray had other ideas, and slimed past the doe to peak closer at the buck.

"Spray, you snipe, get back here." When the slug refused to listen, the doe chased after it, eyeing the buck carefully.

cashmeresky

EchoLimaFoxtrot

cashmeresky

Dangerous Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:56 pm
Drowning sleep was just about finished his fish when he heard another subtle sound in the water. It couldn't have been a fish; he had eaten too many to make that mistake. He could tell it was small, so he was about to ignore it if a set of light splashing did not immediately follow. He looked around quickly and silently.

Gnaw first saw the source of the soft splashing sounds: a doe of varying shades of blue. The way her legs moved in the water was intriguing to him, and he thought at first it was the refraction of light in the water. He studied the movements of her legs. Gnaw felt completely unthreatened by the appearance of the doe. He then narrowed his eyes at the white creature in the water, which he could not really pinpoint until he noticed that the dark blue extremities were its eyes. A slug. He looked back up to the doe pointedly for a moment before walking a little deeper into the water to rinse the blood from his jaw. Then he lifted his head to look at the doe again. He didn't really have any other sentiment towards her other than interest. Gnaw wasn't one to make prejudgements.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:09 am
Tidal Wave grumbled a bit under her breath after the buck saw her. She made it a point to typically avoid other Kin - preferring to live alone off the ocean's bounty that came and went with the tides. Her own inbred sense of hospitality required that she share her food and treasures when another Kin around, so she could keep it all if there were none there to take it. Because of that, she was a little socially awkward with the current situation, a situation that she would typically go out of her way to avoid.

Unfortunately, the slug loved company and many times would go out in search for more Kin. Usually, such sounds were other, not-as-sentient beings and so her own theories had worked thus far.

Tidal Wave stared back at the buck. His motley fur would blend in many places, either in the water or even some of the shadows with the way his brighter back looked in the light that came through the canopy. His shoulder scaled intrigued her - she swore it looked familiar but could not quite place where.

Realizing that this could only develop into an awkward situation where someone (probably her) would start stumbling at words or just walk away without a word (with a slug following), Tidal Wave cleared her throat and gave it all a try.

"Hello. I am sorry to interrupt, but Spray wanted to see who was here. It is harmless, really, but if you tried to eat it, you would lose your meal..." the doe blushed a bit at the sound of her own voice. She rarely spoke up, what with the slug the only one around.

cashmeresky

EchoLimaFoxtrot

cashmeresky

Dangerous Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:13 am
Drowning Sleep looked down at the slug then back up at the doe. Upon hearing that the little critter had a name, he could only wonder why someone would want to keep such a useless creature around. It couldn't seem to hunt or fight or anything. Gnaw couldn't imagine it doing anything except slime around, and apparently, get its master into trouble, if you could call the doe its master at all.

"I have no desire to eat your little creature," Gnaw said, still wondering about the slug. "Why do you keep it with you?" He couldn't help but to ask. He never had a familiar before, for he did not feel the need to train one if he was perfectly good at hunting for himself. Gnaw also never really felt lonely when he was alone. He looked expectantly at the doe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:54 am
Tidal Wave shrugged, "At first, it just kinda followed me around all the time. I am not in the shade of the trees much, so I don't even see it all that often. After awhile, it kinda grew on me and I decided to name it. Now, I feel like I have to watch over it - it is not the smartest thing, but thankfully it doesn't go into the salt water."

Spray, losing interest in the buck, went to some foliage and started eating away, oblivious to be the topic of conversation.

Certain the slug would stay, the doe turned back to the buck, "I am Tidal Wave, by the way, I mostly just wander the shoreline." She eyed his shoulder scale again but otherwise didn't bring it up.  

EchoLimaFoxtrot

cashmeresky

Dangerous Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:40 pm
"That would be very unfortunate for your critter." Drowning sleep looked over to the slug who who started eating some foliage. He watched it for a few moments, still wondering why the doe cared for it.

"I'm Drowning Sleep. You can call me Gnaw. It's shorter." He noticed her eyeing his shoulder scale; he did not comment but he squinted for a second, "The shoreline," Gnaw nodded, "I occasionally go there to catch fish, but I usually don't go to the edges of the marsh. I have seen no need. Where do you see the appeal?" His question held a tone of curiosity rather than judgment.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:01 pm
Tidal Wave bobbed her head in greeting, but when he mentioned the shoreline line and seemed intrigued, the doe literally brightened. She raised her head proudly and her eyes sparkled. "Well, Gnaw... let me show you!"

She turned back towards way she came, took a few steps, and then peeked back around to see if he followed.

cashmeresky

EchoLimaFoxtrot

cashmeresky

Dangerous Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:04 pm
Gnaw blinked. He usually did not like to go places he didn't need to go. He had already eaten, however, and did not have much to do for the rest of the day anyhow. He started following the doe. She confused him a little bit with her spontaneity and her useless companion but that might have been what intrigued him. Instead of providing an explanation, she offered to show him. Gnaw knew he sure wouldn't go out of his way to show a stranger some location. As he followed her, he looked downwards and again watched how the fur around her pasterns moved through the water.
EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:45 am
Tidal Wave walked through the stream. They were not too far inland, so it didn't take her too long to reach the shoreline. When they broke out on to the beach, the doe stopped and surveyed the scene with a bright smile. This was her home, or at least the area/territory she wandered. Driftwood nestled on the sand with small white-capped waves giving light caresses. Shells glittered among the coarse, fine rocks, and the sky gave the water a blue-turquoise look. To the right there were larger rocks settled in the sand and eventually built up into small cliffs, and it was to this area that Tidal Wave walked to after first glancing at Gnaw.

Spray stayed in the shadows, not interested in the least to be among the salt-ridden air.

cashmeresky

EchoLimaFoxtrot

cashmeresky

Dangerous Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:21 pm
Gnaw plodded onto the sandy shore. He greatly preferred the feeling of the soft, submerged sand and mud in the marshes. However he did not say anything. The salty air felt good but he felt the openness impractical. He looked around at the birds by the shoreline while he made his way towards Tidal Wave.
The color of the water was beautiful, and at the horizon line the blues of the water touched the blues of the sky. So unnecessarily yet conspicuously beautiful. "The shoreline," He started, "is nice. I guess." He looked towards Tidal Wave, "Very blue." Gnaw then turned to watch the waves break over the sand and the sea foam creep farther and farther up the shoreline.

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:28 am
Tidal Wave looked back with a grin, well - she was very blue as well. "The shoreline is nice, yes, but... this is what I really wanted to share with you..."

She hopped up onto a low rock. Once he joined, she nodded towards the rock pool. Inside was enough water to hold plenty of life. A couple sea anemones swayed back and forth while a three colorful fish danced around them. A star fish moved around slowly, finally settle half in-half out. When Tidal Wave dipped a hoof in the water, everyone hid and then slowly came back out to play.

"You never know what the tide brings in. These pools are different every day!"

She turned to a steeper rock, where the waves would hit and retreat. Her feet were very sturdy and the strange hair around her hooves almost stuck to the rocks more, helping her stay on her feet. She ventured out further, the waves hitting her legs even harder out here.

After kicking and picking some things up, she came back to Gnaw. "Have you had these?" The shells were hideous and looked almost like small rocks. However, she lifted them sideways and then crushed them open between rock and hoof. The tender meat of the oyster waited inside. "I like them, but not everyone does..."

The doe grinned, "I can catch some fish, too... and the ocean brings up some vegetables as well."

cashmeresky

EchoLimaFoxtrot

cashmeresky

Dangerous Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:46 pm
Gnaw observed Tidal Wave as she walked around the shoreline. He was more used to scavenging and hunting instead of waiting for the waters to bring the resources and food to him. He did not wish to go onto the rocks, but slowly stepped onto them to join Tidal Wave anyways, not wanting to seem too disinterested. He looked at the strange little critters under the surface of the water. Some of them looked familiar, but most of them looked totally alien, "Which of these are edible?" he eyed what he thought were plants, then scanned through the various fish.
When he saw Tidal Wave venture out further, he did not follow, as he was still looking into the shallow pool. Occasionally, he glanced up to admire how adept she was at navigating the rocks. Usually quite confident in his physical abilities, Gnaw had a feeling he would take a tumble if he tried to walk over to where the doe was currently standing. When she came back with what looked like little rocks, Gnaw narrowed his eyes, then widened them as she cracked them open. "This... this is food?" He took a good look at the pale, fleshy meat inside the shell then leaned his head down and slurped up the flesh. It had a nice light salty taste. Somewhat like fresh fish, but more of the ocean and less of the flesh. "This is good," he lifted his head back up, "You acquired this by those rocks?" He looked over towards the rocks Tidal Wave had been standing on and watched as the waves collided with their hard surfaces. "Are the fish here much different from those of the swamp?"

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:46 pm
Gnaw was rewarded by a toothy grin. Tidal Wave was slightly proud, as she was sure this buck was very difficult to impress or surprise and she had done so, if even just slightly. "Oh, so you like the little oysters!? They are hard to get to, but completely worth it."

She joined him by the rock pool to help answer his question. "Not everything is edible or good to eat. The colorful plant-like things will make you sick. The tiny little fish are hit-or-miss but most are sour or make you queasy. I have noticed a good rule is that if the fish is dull or more gray/silver, it is good. There is one red fish that is very good as well. However, the bigger fish are not often brought to shore. I have swam out, and can sometimes get some fish. However, not around here, it is too dangerous with the rocks." Tidal Wave frowned with a sage tone in her voice.

"I love the fish from the sea, and prefer them from those in the swamp. It would be your choice on which you prefer," the doe winked, positive she helped maybe sway him to her side with the oysters. "But, come, I have one more surprise!"

With that, she pranced on the beach towards a larger group of rocks. A cave could be seen, as well as evidence that it disappears with the tides. "I cannot come here all that often, but the rewards are often totally worth the wait!"

cashmeresky

EchoLimaFoxtrot

cashmeresky

Dangerous Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:57 pm
Gnaw nodded. As much as he was impressed by the beauty of the creatures in the pool, he preferred the practicality and familiarity of the swamp. He knew what he should eat and what he should not. However, the oyster was very good, and if all the edible organisms tasted fresh like the salty spray, he could get used to it. But the ocean was far from where Gnaw usually spent his time. He liked the shade of the mangroves, and navigating through their roots. Yet, there was something about the vastness of the ocean, something that suggested endless possibilities, that piqued curiosity and stirred appreciation within Gnaw. He stared into the water once more.

When he looked up towards the doe, she was prancing away once again, and Gnaw instinctively followed, as following the doe had so far brought only good things. His eyes went to the cave. He had no idea what to expect. "Rewards," Gnaw paused, "as in food? I am quite sated."

EchoLimaFoxtrot

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces