Reply The Doctor Who Guild
Day of the Moon Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ricwulf

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:28 am
Well, what did everyone think of the sequel to the first season 6 episode?

It was a little too open ended for me, in regards to the aliens defeat and all. But the ending looks like it will be a great season.

I'm going to have to say though that Moffat better re-write time. I don't feel that Matt Smith is, or can be good enough to be the final Doctor, even if somehow he turns out to be more liked than Tennant.

Anyway, post what you though of it!  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:53 pm
Yeah, I'm really curious how Moffat is going to resolve killing the Doctor...I mean, death is pretty darn final!  

Maeko-Hana

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:05 pm
wahmbulance SPOILERS wahmbulance

I didn't like this episode as much as the first one, it just left too many questions. And the HELL was with the little girl regenerating?! She's probably the Doctor's daughter (Jenny, perhaps?), but Amy's? I just can't see Amy doing that to Rory.

Also, I'm sure the Silence will be back; they went down way too easily. But I liked how they were defeated! The concept behind them is just way too cool to be a one-off monster.

Loved Canton's little, "Yes, HE is" thing. xd And the whole thing with Nixon being remembered. "Say hello to David Frost for me."

One last thing: what was with the woman in the door at the orphanage? The one who looked through the hatch in the door to the little girl's room and said, "No, I think she's just dreaming." She kind of looked like River with a metal eyepatch, and she sounded like Cassandra. I have a feeling she'll come up later, and all the other stuff in the episode was distracting us from that...  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:48 pm
Maeko-Hana
Yeah, I'm really curious how Moffat is going to resolve killing the Doctor...I mean, death is pretty darn final!

There are plenty of ways that they can bring back the Doctor, but I doubt they would use any of them. For example, they could do the Time Lord revival ritual, but that would require an empty vessel for his body. Another is like the Master using the "potions of life". Alternatively, they can re-write time, which seems to be an absolute favourite of Moffats.

Miss Marinara Sauce

I didn't like this episode as much as the first one, it just left too many questions. And the HELL was with the little girl regenerating?! She's probably the Doctor's daughter (Jenny, perhaps?), but Amy's? I just can't see Amy doing that to Rory.

Also, I'm sure the Silence will be back; they went down way too easily. But I liked how they were defeated! The concept behind them is just way too cool to be a one-off monster.

Loved Canton's little, "Yes, HE is" thing. xd And the whole thing with Nixon being remembered. "Say hello to David Frost for me."

One last thing: what was with the woman in the door at the orphanage? The one who looked through the hatch in the door to the little girl's room and said, "No, I think she's just dreaming." She kind of looked like River with a metal eyepatch, and she sounded like Cassandra. I have a feeling she'll come up later, and all the other stuff in the episode was distracting us from that...

Yeah, of the things that will be recurring in the Sixth Season will most likely include that woman in the door, and Amy's pregnancy. And the silence will most likely return. As for the little girl, I'm doubting that it is Jenny, because she had no real knowledge or was hardly brave enough to be her. Also, if anyone is thinking about the Chameleon Arc, she regenerated, therefore couldn't have been a human(although there was 6 months of time, but then again, where would Jenny find, and know how to use, a Chameleon Arc, which is strickly Time Lord technology(as far as we know at least.)).

And finally, my thing that I love to pick up on, is discontinuity. I pose to you this question: Why did neither Amy, Rory, River, or The Doctor attack the Silence on sight? They would have seen the clip of the lunar landing before, and therefore would also have the order.

Whew! Now that I got that rant out I feel a tad better now!  

Ricwulf

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:54 pm
Ricwulf
And finally, my thing that I love to pick up on, is discontinuity. I pose to you this question: Why did neither Amy, Rory, River, or The Doctor attack the Silence on sight? They would have seen the clip of the lunar landing before, and therefore would also have the order.

Maybe they did, and just forgot...? And did you not see River? She went ape-s**t on them!  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:02 am
Miss Marinara Sauce
Ricwulf

Maybe they did, and just forgot...? And did you not see River? She went ape-s**t on them!

Yeah, kinda hard to miss that. But it was an order to kill on sight. The only thing you can put it off to, is that none of them had previously watched the lunar landing.  

Ricwulf

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:06 am
Ricwulf
Miss Marinara Sauce
Ricwulf

Yeah, kinda hard to miss that. But it was an order to kill on sight. The only thing you can put it off to, is that none of them had previously watched the lunar landing.

Ehhh... wibbly-wobbley timey-wimey.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:44 am
Miss Marinara Sauce
Ricwulf
Miss Marinara Sauce
Ricwulf

Ehhh... wibbly-wobbley timey-wimey.

Okay that is a little creepy. After I had spoken to my friend about this, she said the exact same thing.
But yeah, I know that it doesn't matter, I just like to pick out these things.
Oh, and after looking it up on the Doctor Who wiki, it is said that in the final both The Silence and Craig Owens(From The Lodger) will return! So yeah biggrin  

Ricwulf

madziee

Enduring Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:40 am
Miss Marinara Sauce

I HAVE ANSWERS (Highlight to read the spoilers)

Little Girl:
The little girl is Amy's daughter, A.K.A, Riversong!

Woman:
The woman will appear in episodes 3 7 and 8, and is called Madame Korvarian, and Amy kills her in an abandoned timeline

Sources:
http://doctorwhospoilers.com/2011/2011/04/the-companions-daughter-2/
http://doctorwhospoilers.com/2011/  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:03 pm
madziee

Sources:

Um... are you sure those sources can be trusted? the thing about the woman makes sense, but the little girl
doesn't look anything like River. River doesn't look anything like Amy, Rory, or the Doctor. If River was Amy and Rory's then she would have some similarities. If River is Amy and the Doctor's, the doctor already explained that human/timelord mix cannot work, not to mention that means that River had a makeout session with her own Dad. eeeeeeew.

SaphiraStar

Maeko-Hana

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:48 pm
Just a few things...not sure what would be considered spoilers or not, so just highlight all of it...LOL

Point One: She regenerated, which completely changes her, so therefore she could be their child without actually looking anything like them.

Point Two: Just because she's part or all Time Lord, doesn't mean the Doctor is her father/grandfather/whatever.

Point Three: Donna couldn't survive being Time Lord/Human, but "Handy" is a mix as well, a Meta-Crisis...perhaps the girl is as well, which could explain her need for the life-support system.

Point Four: Unless she was killed and then born again [starting over as the Master did when we met Prof. Yana], I don't see the little girl being Rani, Romana or Jenny...She's far too young.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:45 pm
madziee
Miss Marinara Sauce

Little Girl:
The little girl is Amy's daughter, A.K.A, Riversong!

Woman:
The woman will appear in episodes 3 7 and 8, and is called Madame Korvarian, and Amy kills her in an abandoned timeline

Sources:

I'm just gonna put this whole thing in white, so yeah.

I think that we all picked up the child is Amy's daughter, or in some way a child that is involved in her life(The picture of Amy holding a child, surrounded by other pictures of the little girl(Just cause Amy was holding her, doesn't make her the mother)).
As for River being the little girl and Amy being her mother, I have to say that is a little far-fetched. There would have to be too many oddities for it to work. For one, Amy would have to be a Time Lady, or the father be a Time Lord. Secondly, River has no memory or knowledge of being a Time Lady, and I highly doubt that she would use a chameleon arc, a Time Lord/Lady would only do so to avoid detection, not for the sheer fun of it.
River has also told us that when she first met the Doctor, he knew everything about her. If she was Amy's child, that would mean the Doctor would have met her at birth, and therefore River would have known him all her life, and the chances of Amy abandoning a child at all, let alone on an alien world is just out of the question.
As for a meta-crisis child, I doubt it. You would need a part of a Time Lord/Lady to regenerate, and then for the child to touch the part to trigger a full regeneration, which I doubt will happen.

I'm sorry, but there are two things that I can state after reading that post.
One: That is a little too far-fetched, even for Doctor Who!
Two: It looks like the site you got your information from, is more of a site that is brainstorming on what could happen. Sorry, but I'm not gonna believe that site, but will look into it, keeping an open mind to the ideas and evaluation how plausable they are.

Oh, and the part about the woman, we don't know enough, so that could be true. And her name could be very true, it is known that Doctor Who has leaked names before, whether on purpose or not, I don't know, but it has happened.

That was alot of typing.  

Ricwulf

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:59 am
so... i think when most of out text has to be whited out, it's time so get back onto the subject of just this episode.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:56 pm
what does everyone think of The Silence? Scary or Cool?...where would you rank them among other who monsters?

also, do you think they'll be back?...It just seemed way too easy of an ending...it just can't be that simple!  

Maeko-Hana

Ricwulf

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:48 pm
Maeko-Hana
what does everyone think of The Silence? Scary or Cool?...where would you rank them among other who monsters?

also, do you think they'll be back?...It just seemed way too easy of an ending...it just can't be that simple!

It was released that the Silence would be back, as for where abouts I rank them they would have to be up there with the Weeping Angels. Although, as I write this, I realise a major similarity between the two. For both, you are only "safe" while looking at them. Not technically safe with the silence, but you're safer when you look at them than when you can't see, or know of their existance.

Anyway, I think that they would most likely be a more deadly concept than a Dalek, but I still have to keep them infront of all else. I think it would have to go Dalek, Cybermen(including all variations like the ones in "The Next Doctor"), then Silence, then Weeping Angels. And the only reason for the Angels being so low is that they kill in such a way that brings no physical pain.

And there I go writing alot of text again. Damn it, why can I talk about this stuff too much!  
The Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff