Reply The Doctor Who Guild
Curse of the Black Spot Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ricwulf

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:51 am
Well, it is that time again. What did everyone think about this episode?

Personally, I loved it! It was a great episode, and I'm finding that all the episodes that aren't major plot episodes, are often the best episodes.

Also, with the return of our Madame What's-Her-Name(seeing how we don't actually know her name, only a possibility of what it could be), it seems that she is this seasons "Bad Wolf"/"Torchwood"/"Harold Saxon"/"DoctorDonna"/"Time Crack"! (Yes, I just listed all recurring hints scattered through each season from the revival!)

Anyway, I might post more after I rewatch it later this week with a friend.
Post on!  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:40 am
It was a nice silly one. I more intrested in the next one looks very cool from the trailer  

Kalzonie

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:00 pm
I really liked it. It was nice to take a break from the overall big plot of the season, and the episode I thought was just really cool. But I am looking forward to next week-it looks awesome!  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:15 pm
Really liked it, the "monster" was really interesting. Found myself coming up with a theory, then having to change it, then changing it again...LOL...a bit like what happened to the Doctor. Hooray for Space Pirates! Also, loved Amy, The Doctor & The Captains relieved reactions "Toby! Rory! TARDIS!!!", especially how the Doctor smooshed himself against her. Doctor+TARDIS=OTP!!!  

Maeko-Hana

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:41 pm
I found it interesting, but not a favorite.i may change my mind later though.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:49 am
I found it a very fun episode, I guess from pretty early on that she was helping them but that was a bit more than I expected.  

Doctor Manny

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ricwulf

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:28 am
Yeah, I think the reason it was so good is because it was just that, an adventure away from the main plot. Also by far my favourite part about the episode is at the end, which is: That they become space pirates!!! So cool. That and the captain knows exactly what is what on the TARDIS.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:25 pm
I loved the episode, but now that I look back on it the monster is similar to "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances."

I also wish that the writers will stop "killing" Rory.  

geekwho

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Ricwulf

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:31 pm
geekwho
I loved the episode, but now that I look back on it the monster is similar to "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances."

Rory dieing seems to be a popular recurring theme doesn't it? He "dies" with the time crack, he dies in "Amy's Choice", he gets "killed" by Canton in Day of the Moon, and now he gets "killed" in this episode too. I think we should watch out, it could come back later, who knows.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:13 am
Just a fun little episode. But I really want to know what Eyepatch Lady's (Madame Kovarian) role is going to be... Personally, I think she's Amy's midwife or something, possibly from an alternate reality. Given the stuff she was saying, "You're doing fine, just stay calm," it seems the most likely explanation to me.

And they really do need to stop with the Rory-killing. It's getting old fast. stare  

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:01 pm
(looks around and realizes that this episode isn't getting nearly as much conversation as the first two) So... um... how bout them cowboys?  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:46 pm
Ricwulf
geekwho

Rory dieing seems to be a popular recurring theme doesn't it? He "dies" with the time crack, he dies in "Amy's Choice", he gets "killed" by Canton in Day of the Moon, and now he gets "killed" in this episode too. I think we should watch out, it could come back later, who knows.

I bet he somehow becomes a zombie. Just because.  

Lord Shadow IX

Doctor Manny

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:12 pm
Lord Shadow IX
Ricwulf
geekwho

I bet he somehow becomes a zombie. Just because.

Or maybe he's really jack in disguise and he keeps "Dying" so he can come back whee  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:57 am
This episode was pretty fun. I quite liked it (though I still havn't gotten around to watching the first two for the season).
But I agree. Quit the Rory killing. He's too nice to be continually dying...

"Toby! Rory! TARDIS!" --> that bit was so cute! The Doctor really does love his TARDIS. biggrin  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

ezactron14

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:41 pm
I'm a little tired of Rory dying because I'm starting to go "well clearly not" every time.
I like the alien, but once there was a ship within a ship I understood what she was doing more clearly. I had already started to consider what she was doing as teleportation because of the way it happened.  
The Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff