Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply -
Improvements, To be Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

snowyloved

4,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:54 pm
Allo maties~

This is your lovely Snowy here barging in on your life. A lot of you probably don't know me because I consider myself more on the technical side of this guild rather than the RPing. I'm here today to to inform you all how amazing you are. You guys probably all know that. But really, I just wanted to know what you guys think the crew members could improve on based on your experience. Please don't go all out and attack a crew member but definitely address some concerns you have and what are possible things we could do. However, I do hope you guys understand the difficulties of being a crew member - even though you might not see everything, there are really dedicated people who are definitely working hard for you. And everything we do, is for you all - so please be sympathetic 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:57 pm
If this was Face Book, I would "LIKE" this.

Sindenky

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:06 pm
From my experience, there are particular members of the crew that take it upon themselves to be biased when dealing with members that they may not particularly care for. If it were possible for the members of the crew that do these sorts of things to keep their bias and past experiences with the member out of their judgments towards that member, it would solve pretty much all the problems I currently have with the crew.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:14 pm
To start, are us crew allowed to comment on what people say here? Or is this to compile a list and work on it in crew room?  

Sindenky

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:17 pm
xXThe_Epic_MuffinXx
From my experience, there are particular members of the crew that take it upon themselves to be biased when dealing with members that they may not particularly care for. If it were possible for the members of the crew that do these sorts of things to keep their bias and past experiences with the member out of their judgments towards that member, it would solve pretty much all the problems I currently have with the crew.

as much as i agree with you on how much this needs to stop, the unfortunate truth is, it wont.

there will always be some sort of bias in everything that anyone does... we can try to lessen it, but it will always be there...  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:18 pm
Sindenky
To start, are us crew allowed to comment on what people say here? Or is this to compile a list and work on it in crew room?

I think it's best to keep it on the downlow as crew members for now and than officially address these problems in a formal written proposal if need be. If the guild members see or don't see something, it's not their fault. Unless some libel or crazy rule breaking is happening, I don't think it'd be necessary to step in.

And yay, thanks for being first to share.

snowyloved

4,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Sindenky

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:19 pm
SNUFF i was gona say something like that but i want to know if its ok >.<
If not this thread could turn into:
Member says something.
Crew get pissed and b***h.
Member learn to keep their ******** mouth shut.
OR Member b***h back and starts a fight.

And that NOT what we want, we want it to become a learning experience...  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:22 pm
Sindenky
SNUFF i was gona say something like that but i want to know if its ok >.<
If not this thread could turn into:
Member says something.
Crew get pissed and b***h.
Member learn to keep their ******** mouth shut.
OR Member b***h back and starts a fight.

And that NOT what we want, we want it to become a learning experience...

true...i'm not trying to start any fights... just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter...  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:56 pm
if anything people treat the crew with biased just as strictly as crew does for members, this song explains it Right here I know were not talking about racism but it follows the lines of everyones a bit biased sometimes judging on previous actions we just got get along and RP and forget the politics of it all 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:04 pm
Katsuro Hitokage
if anything people treat the crew with biased just as strictly as crew does for members, this song explains it Right here I know were not talking about racism but it follows the lines of everyones a bit biased sometimes judging on previous actions we just got get along and RP and forget the politics of it all 3nodding

this is true...

the day i got promoted to crew, and i mean the very day..people who i usually laughed with i the chatroom started acting differently towards me...like i was a whole other person...

maby we should make a thread for crew to say what they see wrong on all fronts as well, cause like sin said, this will turn into a fight with 2 warring parties in 1 room  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Sindenky

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:06 pm
Katsuro Hitokage

i will blatantly admit my racist in some areas, but this song made me fee uncomfortable about it....
Like i prefer it to be a blind fact, and a way to reassure yourself your not a bad person, but to wave it around like that...

Back on track, I try my hardest not to be biased. The only time I AM biased is for semi-legit reasons. There are some people I would approve a technique for, but others i would straight deny it for. This is not because i like one more than the other, but because i feel the one i approved it for will use the technique better. As in be fair with it, or not exploit an aspect of it. Why the other i would not trust.

Thoughts on this?  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:12 pm
being crew is kind of a s**t job, that's why I don't try and become one, I got tired of being crew and is part of the reason I took tht 6 month break,

Theres "Expressing your opinion" and "Brutally attacking a crews character" which I believe. If you have something against the crew deal with them personally(through Pm)not post it in the main forum and make a public event out of it cause that just causes a shitstorm.  

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:16 pm
Katsuro Hitokage
being crew is kind of a s**t job, that's why I don't try and become one, I got tired of being crew and is part of the reason I took tht 6 month break,

Theres "Expressing your opinion" and "Brutally attacking a crews character" which I believe. If you have something against the crew deal with them personally(through Pm)not post it in the main forum and make a public event out of it cause that just causes a shitstorm.

this, this all over, but more on the posting in the main forum thing...

it seems that everyone just posts whatever they want...and it makes the main forum look like garbage...

and that song made me lol hard  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:23 pm
Snuff that Muffin
Katsuro Hitokage

this, this all over, but more on the posting in the main forum thing...

it seems that everyone just posts whatever they want...and it makes the main forum look like garbage....

and that song made me lol hard
avenue Q is funny as hell and yeah the main forum is being used as an attack platform and yeah to a certain extent it's ok and has helped solve things in the past but has created an equal number of problems and arguments  

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:36 pm
I'm a crew member but I know how the members feel, but it's better to be truthful and hurt the members/crew less then to lie...and hurt them more so they start hating <.< everyone knows I'm terribly blunt  
-

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff