Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:02 am
It wasn't a bad day to be out, Tambrey was sure. She'd inquired of the weather from a couple of people regarding the rest of the Kodo region and was quite determined that today was a good day to be visiting one of the cities or settlements.
There was also a small matter of a slightly overdue phone call to make; she needed somewhere with a payphone... before her mother decided that it had been too long and decided to contact the university. That would be very, very bad; Tambrey was certainly not ready to explain she was no longer at the university, nor on some sort of educational trip, so there was no way she wanted her mother to start asking too many questions.
She had no idea quite how her matriarch would react to her daughter being a Team Rocket Grunt, but she was sure it probably wouldn't be favourable.

With the need to make a phone call and the promise of a pleasant day with perhaps a small amount of shopping- some of her clothing becoming worn or needing repair and a lack of personality remaining in her admittedly small part of the dorm's- Tambrey had set out down one of the corridors with the hope of finding a familiar face; preferably one who wished to take a trip... and perhaps didn't mind driving. It wasn't that she couldn't nor that she didn't enjoy to drive herself, but she had yet to prove herself capable with a vehicle to the team as some had and with her pre-phone call nerves, she wasn't sure she'd drive too well.

The dark-haired Grunt had already dressed herself ready for some time off base; her sandals, jeans and pale blue Marill print T-shirt plus her favourite denim jacket were worn beneath loosely ponytailed hair- a blue ribbon keeping it tied back. A brown canvas bag, containing her money and space for some shopping was slung over her left shoulder.
She paused as she reached the door to one of the rec rooms and cleaned her glasses quickly before sticking her head inside.

"Ahem... Uh." She cleared her throat. "Is anyone... looking to take a trip anywhere? 'M looking to get out of the base f'r a bit..."  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:36 pm
Currently the only person unoccupied and was paying attention to when Tambrey stuck her head it, was Xander. His shift was over for the day so he was just hanging out in the rec room, not doing anything in particular. At there females question he grinned and waved at her. "Tam! Long time no see!" he said. He had been a bit busy so it wasn't a big surprise he hadn't seen her since their mission with 'Cia. He got up out of his seat and walked over to where she was standing. "Your going out? I suppose I could come an keep you company." he offered. "I don't have any plans right now anyway." After all Frost's shift ended later so he wasn't going to go and visit the new Agent's room with out there being a reason and for said Agent to be there.  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:35 pm
Upon seeing Xander, Tambrey found herself returning his grin and offering a little wave; he always seemed to be amiable every time she met him.

"Much too long." She greeted back, enthusiastically. "How've you been?" Was thrown in quickly before she launched into the explanation of her outfit and her plans for the day.

"Yes, well. Uh, I hope so." Pause. "I want t' get out t' make a certain phone call... and then 'm going to need to do some shopping to recover from it. I've save up a bit." Another pause followed. "Erm. Did you want t' come along? I'd appreciate it, to be honest, if y' would... But don't force yourself if you don't want to... I'm goin' to be getting some much needed clothes.. heh...and some nice things for my room, maybe. It's just... plain."
And one last slightly sly little pause.
"I really could use someone who's trusted t' drive a vehicle though too... I can drive, but I've not been... uh... tested or been able to show I can to whoever's in charge of that. So, would you like to drive? If you want to come? I'd kind of like to ask you about the testing and such f'r that..."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:25 pm
"I've been good or the most part. And your self Tam?" Xander asked with a smile. He listened to her explanation with his full attention and nodded at the end. "Of course I would be willing to come. I probably have a few things to pick up anyway out shopping so it works out." he chuckled and put his hands in his pockets. "You still haven't done the testing? It's not hard but it can take a while during as they test you for quite a bit of things. I don't mind driving in the mean time though."  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:57 pm
"Great!" Tambrey grinned, then smirked a little "And, I did get t' hear a little few rumours about y' good self and a certain agent... I trust things there are interesting?" She had stepped back from the door into the corridor. Clearly she was keen to go... or at least join the walk to his room if he needed to grab anything beforehand.
"Nope. No testing. I mean... Well... Y'know, I got my license and stuff... I can drive. I know how. But... well, vehicles are expensive so I know I need t'... prove to the team I can drive. Just never did it yet. I just wondered how difficult they are about it..."
She shrugged a little.
"So... what d'ya need?- anywhere with shops and a payphone works for me, so if you need a specific place for something, I'm happy with that... As long as we avoid the Uni..."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:39 pm
"Ah, which rumors are that?" Xander asked with a small blush. "I know there were a few floating around after a mission we had gone on..." he said and stepped out of the room, closing the door behind him. He wasn't purposefully avoiding her question about whether it was interesting or not, just not sure what she heard. "And you pretty much just need to look into seeing if any of the driving instructors/overseers are open then see if they are willing to test your abilities. It's not that hard though so you should be fine." He started to walk towards his assigned room after gestering her to come as well if she wanted. "Just little things like some new clothes, soap etc. Nothing big so anywhere is fine with me as well." Plus he had noticed Frost was low on tea so he might as well pick some up for him. And he wouldn't want to go to the Uni anyway as it was in that town and he wanted to avoid going there as much as he could.  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:06 am
"Oh, th' usual sort of rumours o'course." Tambrey gave a little grin. "Yes. From aroun' then; um, y'know, like how you two might jus' be a little bit more than friends..."

She was taking a note on his advice in getting permission to drive the vehicles though, too.
"Sounds a little nerve-wracking, but I know I c'n drive... Well. I can drive 'stick' anyway; I kind o' assume that 'auto' will be 's easy if not easier... I'll look into that. Thanks." She nodded determinedly. "Perhaps as soon as we get back actually."

Tambrey followed along as Xander headed toward his room, emboldened by the gesture. "Ah. Well. I guess Camphoreon or something then? I don't know. It just seems like if we've forgotten anything, we'll be somewhere 's easily found if we're there, right?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:46 pm
Xander blushed a bit more and gave a grin back. "I will neither confirm or deny that at this point of time." As he wasn't entirely sure what Frost was to him and vice versa.

"Stick is a bit different then auto but I'm sure you will get the hang of it rather quickly as it isn't that hard." he agreed with a nod and a smile. "Your welcome though and yeah you should look into it soon as you never know when you might need it." Unexpected things happened quite a bit to Team Rocket after all.

"Camphoreon sounds good. We would be able to blend in easier and it had plenty of shops. Pardon me for a moment." Easy agreement from him as again he didn't care were they went for the most part. They made it to his room and he slipped in real quick to grab his wallet and to change his shirt to something less obvious, the pants and boots he figured were fine. That done he joined he back into the hall. "Shall we?"  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 am
Tambrey's grin returned and she did her best to not understandingly, though she was clearly a little amused, though good natured-ly regarding his answer.
"Say n'more; I can take a hint about that, but I do wish you well with him. And hopefully you'll tell me somethin' more substantial at a different point 'n time, hm?"

She listened to the talk of cars and nodded slightly.
Stick was second nature by now, but auto did sound a little intimidating. She just hoped she didn't panic at not feeling the gearstick there everytime it was time for a gear change; perhaps it was something to do with the feeling of less control without that stick.
"If you say so, then 'm pretty sure I believe, you. Thanks." She smiled gratefully. "But... all th' same.. Would you mind just pointing things out on the drive? S' I can have a better idea of what t' remember and such. I learn quite well in watching."

She nodded as he vanished into his room and waited outside.
"That's what I thought. I've wanted to just phone her and to shop f'r a bit now..." She admitted, before turning as he exited. "Ah, much better.. From super crime team t' shopper." She offered her arm and nodded, still grinning. "We shall."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:31 pm
Xander nodded to her, glad she understood. "Thank you. I'll be sure to let you know when ever I can say anything definite." he chuckled with a smile. He may have only knew her from that mission with 'Cia but she had been one that wouldn't spread things, at least he figured so.

"No problem. It wont be had showing you about it. Maybe if you're feeling confident I'll let you drive a bit on the way back." The blond offered this knowing that he would only let her drive when they were in the desert on the road so it would be easier. "That way you could have some experience with auto."

He chuckled and looped his arm with her's and gently tugged her to start walking in the direction of the elevators. "Who is it that you're calling if you don't mind me asking?" he asked curiously. If she didn't want to say he wouldn't pry though. "Indeed, I'm not sure which one it the harder job, being a member of crime or a shopper." he joked with a laugh.  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:26 pm
"I hope it's sooner rather than later." Tambrey offered sincere well wishes to the blond as they walked toward the elevators. "And I will look forward t' the day y' can tell me somethin' like that."

Her smile turned grateful, and her eyes seemed rather well lit with the idea of getting some driving practice in.
"That would be awesome! I'd really like to at least try and get some idea of driving auto before.. uh, having to prove I can drive here. I think the main problem is that I, um, might panic a little if I can't find the stick at first, but if you remind me not to look f'r it, I'm sure we'll be fine. And, no, I honestly dun mind you asking." She admitted happily, though slightly embarrassed from the quick flash of her cheeks. "Feeling a bit off colour and, well, want to phone m' mum... Plus I have to let her know I'm doin' okay and, y'know, ahem, "keepin' up wi' my studies" and "enjoying my part-time job" and other such stuff..." She trailed off, leaving out 'and check that the money I send is actually being used', though a worried bite of her lower lip, for just a moment, might have shown something on her mind.
It was gone in a flash though, that moment of worry, and replaced with the humoured grin.
"Oh, shopper. Definitely shopper," She chose the joke answer "So much more work to do in such an occupation... Though, I'm sure it's easier in a team; one as the other."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:30 pm
"You and I both." Xander said with an easy laugh. After all if he knew what to tell Tambrey then he would in turn know what it was his self. Maybe soon he should talk to Frost abut that...?

Xander grinned at her smile and nodded. "I doubt reminding you will be that big of a problem at all. And you know there are relaxers to help with driving anxiety, temporarily of course so that way you could get used to it." Drugs weren't something he would recommend to take for anymore then two or three times though as he was not fond in the least of them. Too many times he had heard of problems because of them.

"Ah I see." He nodded with a soft look. "Completely understandable. I myself have to make that call as well." He did NOT want his mother rampaging around trying to find him. She may be retired and her gym was more of a dojo then a league gym but she still knew how to fight and kept her pokemon in top condition.

"So very true. A shoppers life is fraught with peril constantly! Always travel in packs." He laughed.  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:38 am
"Ooh. Um. Yes... I know there are but, well, I really shouldn't..." Tambrey said with a slightly furrowed brow as the subject of anxiety medicines came up. "I mean. I should be, uh, fine wi'out them." She tried to reassure him. "It's just literally, I know at one or two points I'll forget about the whole 'not-havin'-to-change-gear' sort o' thing. Probably sounds silly? Worrying about th' fact I -don't- have t' remember something..."

Her attention was caught though at the admittance of having to 'make the same call'.
"Your mother? What's she like and what does she think y'r actually up to? I mean, uh, assuming she doesn't know y're actually here... I kind o' suspect most of us are either wi'out families or are, um, making excuses to them now..."

The shopping joke got a twitch of a smile as the, disturbingly less than absurd, imagery of a 'pack of shoppers' flitted across her brain. She waited for the elevator to take them to the garage level.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:58 pm
Xander gave her a chuckle and a smile. "Right. I'm sure you will be just fine then once you get used to it." Of course until she did it was going to be interesting to see how she reacts. But again they will be out in the desert and much safer for her to panic in what with the long stretches of wide roads and all.

He slightly turned from her and looked up at the ceiling at her question about his mother. "Ah... She is a very head strong lady that is used to getting her way one way or another. No she doesn't know about the team, she thinks I'm just traveling around the region and enjoying the freedom." He then looked back at her with a slightly embarrassed look. "The fact that we tend to 'butt heads' on things that leads to arguments helps cement the 'freedom' aspect." He loved his mom really but he wanted to choose his own life.

Her almost smile at the joke got a smile in return just before the elevator arrived and he got in.  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:42 am
"Ah... Headstrong and 'used t' getting own way'... Now that usually translates t' ready to go on the march and rescue you from yourself, hm?"
Tambrey stepped into the elevator beside him.

"I guess there's some freedom in what we've chosen, but... the freedom you've used f'r an excuse; once upon a time that's exactly what I'd 've liked t' do, ya know." She shrugged. "Anyway. I think I'll be glad f'r you ringing your mother; she sounds... lovingly frightening."

The elevator operations gave a distraction and a moment for her to reflect upon her own situation.
"I don't think mine would do as like for me." She admitted after a moment. "If my mother were to find out where I was, and from where the money I send came, then I think she'd d'sown me more 'n wish t' take me back."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff