Help Push Kuzo Over the Edge and Get a Damn 3DS Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:17 am
Just list reasons, help me make sure the decision to get one is a better decision than not getting one.

1. *****, 3D, s**t is ballin' and will be even more so when I get used to it.
2. Street Pass is an awesome feature that I find really intriguing. Especially if I got to a city! (i.e. Chicago, Down south on my vacation).
3. I'm going on vacation the 14th, and it'd give me something to do on the long car rides!
4. Being able to experience OoT in an updated, easier to experience for the first time experience! Experience!!!
5. Mario Kart 3DS
6. RE: Mercs
7. Kid Icarus
8. Super Mario
9. Virtual Console!
10. Free to access 3D trailers and previews

Reasons not to: Sure, I got a fat paycheck, But I'm going on vacation. Then again, I've worked 6 days a week for the last month and a half, and I get paid the day I go on vacation, so i'd be down a few dollars for a week.
Plus with the cost of games, eh.
I'd probs get OoT and Mercs from the start, If I had to choose one, OoT.

Keep the list going!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:44 am
Right now OoT is the real driver. Most games that are coming out won't be here for a while.
But OoT was the main reason for me. It's SO GOOD. But Sean, wasn't it you who confessed to not liking 3D Zeldas...? XD
Just get it for OoT. O__O
Seriously. If I wanted to be an annoying t**t I'd just make an obnoxiously long numbered list in which all reasons say: OoT.
Buuut I just happened to get one for my birthday so if you feel weird about spending $250 and then 40 or 80... Just be conscientious about how much cash you have? Or don't. You did say "fat paycheck" so it's a bit hard to tell. XD
Also, long car rides? Aha. Not with THAT battery life! Well, I guess you could get a car adapter? If they exist for it?
3D effects? I bet they're awesome. I bet it would be awesome if I COULD SEE 3D. >__>
Virtual Console certainly is cool. If you haven't played Link's Awakening DX (and it seems like a lot of people haven't...) YOU NEED TO. D8
And yeah, Wayne talked about Mercs and he needs people to play with so you might as well help out!
allow me to regurgitate all your reasons without providing new ones  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:39 am
I_love_Inuyasha1
Right now OoT is the real driver. Most games that are coming out won't be here for a while.
But OoT was the main reason for me. It's SO GOOD. But Sean, wasn't it you who confessed to not liking 3D Zeldas...? XD
Seriously. If I wanted to be an annoying t**t I'd just make an obnoxiously long numbered list in which all reasons say: OoT.
Buuut I just happened to get one for my birthday so if you feel weird about spending $250 and then 40 or 80... Just be conscientious about how much cash you have? Or don't. You did say "fat paycheck" so it's a bit hard to tell. XD
Also, long car rides? Aha. Not with THAT battery life! Well, I guess you could get a car adapter? If they exist for it?
3D effects? I bet they're awesome. I bet it would be awesome if I COULD SEE 3D. >__>
Virtual Console certainly is cool. If you haven't played Link's Awakening DX (and it seems like a lot of people haven't...) YOU NEED TO. D8
And yeah, Wayne talked about Mercs and he needs people to play with so you might as well help out!

Well, I played a bit and saw a bit with Fish, and the REAL issue for me was the control scheme. Plus when I buy it, I'll have a real reason to play it, rather than 'i borrowed this game, so i have no real investment in it aside from a small curiosity'. I was unaware that the battery life was bad. o:  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:44 am
You forgot 11. Luigi's Mansion 2  

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:58 am
I never played the original Luigi's mansion. I'll look in to it.

It looks like Nyko has some pretty decent options in terms of battery life.
I've not looked into car charging, yet.
edit: nvm, that's cheap.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:45 am
Another reason: Free Excite Bikes expires tomorrow!
Second thought: Not that great.  

Kuzodav

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:02 am
Kuzodav
Another reason: Free Excite Bikes expires tomorrow!
Second thought: Not that great.
Excitebike sucks c**k, and it's only worth 0 dollars, so you can turn the 3D up and down and watch the camera angle change.... the actual game? ...sucks!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:41 am
The battery life is a bit of a let down, but if you play with the 3D effects and wi-fi off it'll save some juice.

Zelda oot and RE mercs' were the selling points for me also. :p  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:42 am
The KyroFreed
The battery life is a bit of a let down, but if you play with the 3D effects and wi-fi off it'll save some juice.

Why would I play a 3D game system with the 3D off?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 am
The battery will be shorter or longer depending on your settings and what game you're playing. For example, I usually have my screen on brightness setting 3 with power saver mode on, and when I play Zelda like that I get a good 4-5 hours of nonstop play. When I play Mercenaries, however, I probably only get two and a half to three hours, most likely because it's a lot more system intensive, and I do play it online a lot. Oh yeah, and those are both with 3D on the majority of the time.

Anyway, Kegan's right about Excitebike sucking except for the 3D. If you decide to get one before it expires though, it'd still be neat to get it for free.

OoT and Mercs are both worth getting, IMO, but Zelda's usually the safer choice. Mercenaries is probably the best multiplayer game available right now, though, and also the most impressive-looking game. The game manages to throw some pretty large hordes of enemies at you in the later missions.

If you decide to wait longer, the real slew of games won't be until the holiday season, but I really doubt there'd be a price drop before then anyway.  

Waynebrizzle

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:24 am
There was apparently talk of getting a new version of the 3DS out, or so I heard from the guy at gamestop. I think at most they'll just do a battery swap  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:38 am
Eventually, I'm sure there'll be one. Probably not until at least a year after the 3DS came out though, and it'll probably be even more expensive.  

Waynebrizzle

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:26 pm
The KyroFreed

Doing that pretty much doubles the battery life, doesn't it?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:28 pm
[Kegan]
The KyroFreed

Doing that pretty much doubles the battery life, doesn't it?

I wouldn't say double the battery life, but it does help some.

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:21 pm
Kuzodav
I_love_Inuyasha1

Well, I played a bit and saw a bit with Fish, and the REAL issue for me was the control scheme. Plus when I buy it, I'll have a real reason to play it, rather than 'i borrowed this game, so i have no real investment in it aside from a small curiosity'. I was unaware that the battery life was bad. o:

Were you playing the original N64 version or were you playing a port?  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff