Favorite movie from your childhood & teens? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madame No
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:45 am
I know we have a favorite movies thread, but I'm interested to know what movies everyone liked while they were growing up!

As a kid, I loved everything Disney. Lion King, Pocahontas. Heck yes!

As a teenager, I watched a lot of movies like Romeo & Juliet and the like. Yeah, I was definitely a teen girl.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:57 am
what was that 80's film, the navigator? where he went up in a space ship. i liked that. and anything jim henson, mostly the dark crystal and labyrinth. or the original garfield cartoons back in the 80's when he had round eyes. great stuff. dont forget thundercats are on the loose, thunder-thunder-cats!!! rofl  

g0th_chick_uk

Wealthy Lover

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Converter 100

Ping-Pong-Paddle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:26 am
g0th_chick_uk
what was that 80's film, the navigator? where he went up in a space ship. i liked that. and anything jim henson, mostly the dark crystal and labyrinth. or the original garfield cartoons back in the 80's when he had round eyes. great stuff. dont forget thundercats are on the loose, thunder-thunder-cats!!! rofl

I love the Dark Crystal heart and the labyrinth biggrin .. Agree with every movie/show listed, also one of the Disney classics, the Lion King. Sorry to annoy -_-"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:17 pm
g0th_chick_uk

Yesss! Labyrinth was and still is amazing. Love. Also Garfield! I'd totally forgotten about that. I loved the one with the volcano exploding while Garfield was on vacation.  

Madame No
Crew

Madame No
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:18 pm
Ping-Pong-Paddle
g0th_chick_uk

I love the Dark Crystal heart and the labyrinth biggrin .. Agree with every movie/show listed, also one of the Disney classics, the Lion King. Sorry to annoy -_-"

Yes! Disney classics are still enjoyable.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:33 pm
Favorite movie as a kid was Drop Dead Fred, hands down. Fred made SUCH an impression on me, that I never forgot him and bought the DVD years later when I saw it in the store. I'm SO glad I did because now you can't find them under $30... Also growing up I watched X-Files. This also was a huge part of my life, as it was the only time me and my dad bonded...  

Munke Mai

Madame No
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:19 am
Munke Mai
Favorite movie as a kid was Drop Dead Fred, hands down. Fred made SUCH an impression on me, that I never forgot him and bought the DVD years later when I saw it in the store. I'm SO glad I did because now you can't find them under $30... Also growing up I watched X-Files. This also was a huge part of my life, as it was the only time me and my dad bonded...

I always wanted to watch Xfiles, but when it was still shown on TV, it freaked me out too easily. Couldn't do it! I briefly looked up Drop Dead Fred, and the first thing I read was something about a similarity to Beetlejuice. I'll have to check it out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:05 am
if u kids wanna bang on about disney make it a classic. cinderella and the like... the art there was amazing  

g0th_chick_uk

Wealthy Lover

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Converter 100

Cody From Idaho

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:07 pm
For animated it was Oliver & Company. And for a movie it was Blade Runner.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:28 pm
Gloomis

Awww, Oliver & Company was one of my absolute favorites! Great choice!  

Madame No
Crew

Fearherloveher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:30 am
Madame No
I know we have a favorite movies thread, but I'm interested to know what movies everyone liked while they were growing up!

As a kid, I loved everything Disney. Lion King, Pocahontas. Heck yes!

As a teenager, I watched a lot of movies like Romeo & Juliet and the like. Yeah, I was definitely a teen girl.

The same movies you listed plus:
The Brave Little Toaster
The Last Unicorn
Fern Gully
Beauty and the Beast (Disney version)
Fantasia (The first one)
Little Nemo
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Edward Scissorhands
What Dreams May Come
Young Frankenstein
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
All of the Star Wars movies (except Clone Wars)
And so many more heart  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:04 pm
Munke Mai

My mom watched x files religiously. Either it was the alien aspect or a crush on Mulder. Creeped me out.

I didn't watch a lot of movies as a kid, and became very disinterested and bored with them as a teenager. My mom watched them one after another when my parents were divorcing.  

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

xtacaine

Liberal Smoker

4,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:29 pm
g0th_chick_uk

That 80s film you were talking about was Flight of the Navigator and it was awesome! They made that ship look so cool. I also used to watch the original star war trilogy all the time (on good ol VHS lol) and the original Indiana Jones movies. I became a huge Clint Eastwood fan as a kid also (and I still am!). Used to watch his old westerns with my dad whenever I got the chance  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:35 pm
Like most everybody else here, I was a Disney kid. Although, I think my childhood self enjoyed Don Bluth films more. But The Lion King will always be my favorite. Can't wait to see it again in the theater!

Gloomis

Blade Runner is amazing, but I didn't even see it until just last year! My parents were never into Sci-Fi or any kind of fantasy, so I'm discovering all these great movies at a later age.

When I was little, I would secretly watch X-Files (my parents didn't like me to because of how easily I would scare) and it would always freak me out. It's pretty much what got me into more frightening media.  

Robodicks

Robotic Exhibitionist

g0th_chick_uk

Wealthy Lover

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Converter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:52 am
xtacaine
g0th_chick_uk

That 80s film you were talking about was Flight of the Navigator and it was awesome! They made that ship look so cool. I also used to watch the original star war trilogy all the time (on good ol VHS lol) and the original Indiana Jones movies. I became a huge Clint Eastwood fan as a kid also (and I still am!). Used to watch his old westerns with my dad whenever I got the chance

ah good old clint. have you seen that recent film he did with the car? loved it.  
<Entertainment & Music>

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff