Welcome to Gaia! ::

Carl's Crew

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Carl's Crew. Where all followers/friends of Carl gather. Please join us in our campaign to have Carl rule the Gaia universe. 

Tags: Carl, Junk, Trunk, piehard, antlers 

Reply Junk in the Trunk (Main Discussion Forum)
Gaining Carl Supporters. How we go abouts? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:46 pm
We're not going to really spam the pie forum like the Stein people did.

We could however spam the other forums twisted
Maybe we should set up a thread under the guild forums, ask people if they love carl in the chatterbox and other relating forums, (make sure to not get trolls) x_x

Any other ideas? We could use all the support we can get.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:50 pm
Spamming the pie forum like the Stein people did seems to work quite well considering how much it helped Stein.  

Ninja Rabble
Vice Captain

7,650 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:56 pm
Ninja Rabble
Spamming the pie forum like the Stein people did seems to work quite well considering how much it helped Stein.

Yeah ROFL It kinda did. I just don't want to sound annoying and desperate.

I mean I am annoying and desperate, just don't wanna sound like I am xD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:08 am
People really seem to like the anons. Maybe if we had some Carl related anons it would help boost his popularity. Like a 'the sock stuck in Carl's antlers' anon. We wouldn't need to ask them for support or anything, just something goofy that gets people thinking about Carl.  

Redphntm

Hardened Warrior

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:27 am
Redphntm
People really seem to like the anons. Maybe if we had some Carl related anons it would help boost his popularity. Like a 'the sock stuck in Carl's antlers' anon. We wouldn't need to ask them for support or anything, just something goofy that gets people thinking about Carl.

That's a good idea ^^

I'd do it myself but... I don't have much experience in anoning. Would you mind doing that Red? We'll provide the gifts you send ^^

If not, or if anyone else would like to anon, let me know and I'll set you up with some items to anon with too ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:21 am
blaugh I love that anon idea! I'll try to get some gold together to donate to the cause 3nodding By the way, who should I send the donation gold to?  

Alarias
Vice Captain

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Redphntm

Hardened Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:00 am
I don't know much about anons either. sweatdrop Are there any creative writers in the shop?
Also, we should probably set some standards for Carl related anons, like whether we should mention the guild or not and whether we should ask for support of Carl or not. Maybe we want to send all our anon writings to one messenger person who will take the donation money, buy the items, and send it out? How frequently do we want to send them out?
I won't be able to get online very much for the rest of the summer, but I'll try to check in once a day or so. I'll leave the decisions to you guys. Sorry about my not being very reliable. I'm going home tomorrow for the first time in 4 years, woot!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:59 am
Lots of contests. People love free stuff lol  

The zothaq
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:59 am
Redphntm

That is a good idea!

I think the Carl Anons, plus one main thread, plus a thread in the guilds section and maybe in a couple other forums. Plus if we all put a link in our signatures.

For the anons, we could have an actual Carl anon and then something like the minions of Carl.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:51 pm
I'm glad someone suggested anoning in the name of Carl, because that's exactly what I was going to suggest after reading the OP. 3nodding
I've anoned in non-event forums before and if you hit the regulars it can create quite the stir within their cliques. 3nodding People don't expect anons outside of an event forum and they enjoy the mystery. I personally don't think you'd have to mention the guild (in fact, wouldn't that ruin the mystery for them if they join and then see this thread?). Instead, just get people thinking about Carl because they received a gift from him. If we really want to try to use anons to blatantly recruit, then our anons could just ask the recipients for Carl support in the second half of the event. But, really, I would think that if we blanket Gaia with Carl anons right before the second half starts that by itself might work without needing to outright beg inside them.
Just my two cents. ^_^  

Rattie Virginia

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Rattie Virginia

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:55 pm
Oh, also, as someone who has lost herself to way too many hours sending anons in previous events, including being a member of a guild that coordinated a group of anons for one event, what are the questions you guys have that are making you hesitant about volunteering yourself as an anon? If I can, I'd be happy to answer what you guys are worried about or offer pointers. User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:14 pm
Rattie Virginia
I'm glad someone suggested anoning in the name of Carl, because that's exactly what I was going to suggest after reading the OP. 3nodding
I've anoned in non-event forums before and if you hit the regulars it can create quite the stir within their cliques. 3nodding People don't expect anons outside of an event forum and they enjoy the mystery. I personally don't think you'd have to mention the guild (in fact, wouldn't that ruin the mystery for them if they join and then see this thread?). Instead, just get people thinking about Carl because they received a gift from him. If we really want to try to use anons to blatantly recruit, then our anons could just ask the recipients for Carl support in the second half of the event. But, really, I would think that if we blanket Gaia with Carl anons right before the second half starts that by itself might work without needing to outright beg.
Just my two cents. ^_^

I absolutely agree with you about keeping a little mystery to it an getting people up and ready to support Carl in the next part of the event.  

burnt skittles!
Crew

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:51 pm
Rattie Virginia
I've anoned in non-event forums before and if you hit the regulars it can create quite the stir within their cliques. 3nodding People don't expect anons outside of an event forum and they enjoy the mystery. I personally don't think you'd have to mention the guild (in fact, wouldn't that ruin the mystery for them if they join and then see this thread?). Instead, just get people thinking about Carl because they received a gift from him. If we really want to try to use anons to blatantly recruit, then our anons could just ask the recipients for Carl support in the second half of the event. But, really, I would think that if we blanket Gaia with Carl anons right before the second half starts that by itself might work without needing to outright beg inside them.
Just my two cents. ^_^

Well of course we're not going to just go out in an anon letter and ask them to join the guild. That'd seem silly xD I was thinking more of just raising Carl awareness.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:41 pm
ZOMG its Lobotomy
Well of course we're not going to just go out in an anon letter and ask them to join the guild. That'd seem silly xD I was thinking more of just raising Carl awareness.
xd I never thought anyone would make the theme of their anon be "Join our guild!" LOL! The one and only reason I brought up that I don't think we should mention the guild in our anons is because of the following discussion that was started above in this thread:
Quote:
We should probably set some standards for Carl related anons, like whether we should mention the guild or not

When I was talking about recruiting, I was talking about for the event, not the guild. I brought it up in case people were thinking of having a line at the bottom of their anons asking the recipients to support Carl during the event. The Stein camp was blatantly asking people to feed Stein, and you brought that up in the OP and then Ninja Rabble pointed out that it worked for them, and that's why I brought the topic up in my post. Like I said, I don't think we need to follow in the Stein group's annoying/desperate footprints. I don't think we need to include anything inside the anons asking the recipient to support Carl. I think just doing Carl-related anons by themselves would help enough.  

Rattie Virginia

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:48 pm
Rattie Virginia
ZOMG its Lobotomy
xd I never thought anyone would make the theme of their anon be "Join our guild!" LOL! The one and only reason I brought up that I don't think we should mention the guild in our anons is because of the following discussion that was started above in this thread:
Quote:
We should probably set some standards for Carl related anons, like whether we should mention the guild or not

When I was talking about recruiting, I was talking about for the event, not the guild. I brought it up in case people were thinking of having a line at the bottom of the anons asking the recipients to support Carl during the event. The Stein camp was blatantly asking people to feed Stein, and you brought that up in the OP and then Ninja Rabble pointed out that it worked for them, which is why I brought the topic up in my post. Like I said, I don't think we need to follow in the Stein group's annoying/desperate footprints. I don't think we need to include anything inside the anons asking the recipient to support Carl. I think just doing Carl-related anons by themselves would help enough.

I think people would enjoy it if Carl would randomly stop by and sniff around them and chew on their clothing a bit. xD Then perhaps disappear into the forest again and drag something with him that he hands to the people.

It's not really asking people to go to his side. It's quite subtle. Not forcing someone to do something just because someone went out of the way to give them an anon letter. It's more like their choice xD

I think Dragon got a letter telling her to feed Meridith cause of some sob story about her running everything and boo hoo.  
Junk in the Trunk (Main Discussion Forum)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games