Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
So like, wtf Gaia? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So...blah?
  Yeah, you need help.
  Fight The Power!
  Free Gold~ ((Me: Not For long ._. ))
View Results

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:26 pm
Since this is the area for Rants and Discussion, I intend to do the former to see if anyone can justify this..bullshit.

I give the heads up now; I will most likely use excessive adult language. So Get over it or don't read.

~~~

Okay so I havn't been a Gaian back in the GoGaia days. I wasn't around for Grombies the first time. I'm just an '06er I know, thats still about 5 years...oh s**t five...huh..Anyway~ I used to adore Gaia, I enjoyed the people, the events, the games, towns, and most of all that it was so fulfilling to earn things. Yeah that first complex red shirt I bought I felt awesome.

Yet..over the years I keep seeing things I really..it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to think about it.Sure I don't own gaia or personally do anything to really contribute but, it just seems like they are doing alot of wrong things. Taxes? I remember the rioting over those. Cash Shop? Hell I never liked that idea, but we had Monthly Collectables already..speaking of anyone remember that huge ******** drought of MC's where they where all lame items because all they did was push the Cash Shop? Well, Rally was nifty, the Theater..ooh I really liked that update..whered that go anyway? Also, why is it all Gaia seems concerned about lately is ******** gold sinking? They released zOMG and I freaked out. One because the battle system was out, yes that was what we used to call it back in the day. Yet, I was thrilled cause I finally could earn gold like the market ninjas or the super posters. I'm a gamer, I love to game, and being able to game on Gaia for gold to buy items like other people? Hell that was a dream come true. Yet, more cash shop crap? The fish tanks they added that bump thing, then went "oh s**t they are using it, nerf it!" Now its happening to zomg, again. Yes back when it was new we could sell rings. I did for money cause I was good at zomg stuff and made money from it. I was happy, because blackjacks become rather lame. Still..whats his bullshit about not only nerfing the gold income for zomg players, but giving out ******** Cash Gold Potions? Are you ******** kidding me?
"Guess what, we're making you get less gold, but if you give us money we'll let you get your gold but still cap it to make it look fair" Yeah. Regular players get 10k and then our income is hurt. Cash People get 160k before getting hurt. Just wow. Thats some sort of Runescape bullshit, and as I said when zOMG came out "all I want is for this to not end up like Runescape for Gaia" Well s**t, cash only pets. Cash only potions. Cash only Areas. Cash only rings.
Sure you can buy them on the market place but, well the gold prices there are just all sorts of ********. Just what the hell?

Blah! I need to go do something constructive like cooking. Anyone else wanna rant go for it. I know this wont be the last of me being pissy that gaia is making me not wanna do anything because there really seems to be nothing for me here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:38 pm
To be honest i agree it seems like gaia is makeing it hartd to get anything good without buying gaia cash i mean for example i am after a item that hasen't been in the cash shop for ages yet it cost 2 mill and even though i am active in posting and try to earn gold anyway i can (Except begging) it takes forever and did they ever stop to think people above 13 play gaia as well and trust me not everyone is rich enough to afford cash cards to get gaia cash. i am lucky if i can buy one ever 2 or 3 months on top of that where i live it is a bit harder to find them to begin with.  

Neko Queen Nala

Partying Friend

7,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Partygoer 500

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:12 pm
Neko Queen Nala
To be honest i agree it seems like gaia is makeing it hartd to get anything good without buying gaia cash i mean for example i am after a item that hasen't been in the cash shop for ages yet it cost 2 mill and even though i am active in posting and try to earn gold anyway i can (Except begging) it takes forever and did they ever stop to think people above 13 play gaia as well and trust me not everyone is rich enough to afford cash cards to get gaia cash. i am lucky if i can buy one ever 2 or 3 months on top of that where i live it is a bit harder to find them to begin with.

So very much this.

I had an account back when Gaia was less than a year old, and I remember days when newly released MCs costed 7k in the market place (I know, amazing right?)
Everything Gaia's done lately seems to be pushing their cash shop more and more, and I think it's just retarded. I have bills to pay, so I can't afford to spend money on stupid stuff like the never ending flow of chance items, and other stupid little CS releases.

I was excited when Zomg came out because it was a legitimately fun game. I use to earn all my gold doing puzzles and that gets old fast, so this new way of doing it was a huge breath of fresh air, but it seems like once you hit a certain point you almost need cash items to even survive.
Fish tanks you need cash to get the damn fishes (at least the ones that are decent enough for booty grab), and don't even get me started on the cost of s**t in the market place. There's no excuse for a new MC to cost over 100k. >.<  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:14 pm
they nerfed zomg just to sell a cash shop item for them to get more gold with it, it is ridiculous, then they sell pixelated art up to 9$ a pop absurd, they sell 500 for 5$ each its absurdly easy to make money then they have all these annoying ads. And the mods are jokes half the time. But meh i doubt much would quit over this lol.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Neko Queen Nala

Partying Friend

7,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:42 pm
wish i knew how to let them know who so many poeple feel.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:00 pm
Heh, why wonder a way to tell them? It's not like they care. We're not giving them money, so we don't get votes.  

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Neko Queen Nala

Partying Friend

7,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:22 pm
Asiril
Heh, why wonder a way to tell them? It's not like they care. We're not giving them money, so we don't get votes.
actualy i do like i said in my first post i may not by cash cards everymonth but i do by them. theres also the fact that if people quite playing gaia there out of a job and if people get fed up with the games because they need to buy cash cards to get anywhere then there in trouble as well. Face it they need us as without gaians there is no gaiaonline. we can always find anthere online game and chat place with maybe alittle trouble however finding a new job is alot harder. (Speaking from exp on both. I have had to find new jobs and new places to game online the job was much harder to find.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:55 pm
I hate when they made it harder to get gold in zOMG, it isn't fare for the other people who don't get cash, only getting 10k while the other who get cash 160k that's a 150k difference I use to go into zOMG everyday and now I can't cause of lag, and the harder to get gold and s**t

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:43 pm
I agree with Nala, we do have a voice, but it just takes about 90% of the community speaking together and taking action in order to get something done about the problems, and I don't believe the Gaia community is capable of organizing like that anymore. It's too full of douche bags and n00b preteens who send Gaia their weekly allowance so they can brag about having the latest pixels. XP

And this new and ridiculously huge gap between donators and nons in Zomg is absurd. I'm actually gonna go say something about it on the feedback right now, and encourage people to join me. LET US BE HEARD!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:46 pm
Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx
I hate when they made it harder to get gold in zOMG, it isn't fare for the other people who don't get cash, only getting 10k while the other who get cash 160k that's a 150k difference I use to go into zOMG everyday and now I can't cause of lag, and the harder to get gold and s**t

I totally agree!!!! I know how hard it is to get on Zomg anymore I mean PS used to make me 15k in about 10 minutes now it takes an hour to get that (depending on getting a crew since all the old decent people don't really want to do Zomg anymore)

So I sort of gave up on it too much time for too little profit... Its getting about as bad as The prices for art around here I mean 250k For a head shot >.> PLEASE I'm an artist and I don't charge that much for decent stuff <.< But all these people are trying to milk the system I just don't pay for anything new until its a few weeks old so the prices bottom out...

The prices are insane and their making it really hard for dedicated non paying players to make gold. Its sad and then they have items costing several Mil I wish they would just cap MP prices at 10 mil... would solve expense troubles but those people who buy cash cards all the time will just spend and spend >.>  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Hentai_Monster482

3,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:57 am

I've only been on Gaia for about 600 days ((Year four-five months)). What I'm reading here is that the ways of getting gold on here are getting harder and harder to get because of that bullshit CS that most people can't get....
Well as I figured it, for some reason when I first started it gave me 75g maximum for posts, now I'm getting 300-125g for each post I get.
I'm not trying to put a down on any of you, because to me your all veterans of Gaia but I'm racking up gold like it's ******** nothing...
Like I was hacked a few weeks ago, out of 175k and it only took me three days to get 60k back...but if you people say it's getting harder I believe you. This sorta reminds me of Gas prices in America, think about it, the summer of 08-09 gas prices were atleast $4.56 a Gallon, but then in the winter of 09 it went down to $3.23 a gallon, in 010 it stayed around $3 until spring came around
Then suprsingly it went down to a Wopping $2.13 for NY for seven months at the least, now that it's 011 and the summer, prices are back up to $3 again.
So just think, Maybe Gaia is just testing the ways of itself and the ways the users do things to get what they want for certain things, Gaia has a Stock market and if that crashes the grid for Gaia goes out. So as the worlds prices go up so doesn't Gaia's to keep the money rolling from CS to keep the site. People are payed to work for Gaia, like the Gaians for the shops, they are real people who do s**t for Gaia and are payed the Green Cash for helping Gaia maintane themselves sooo, the more prices go up the more the workers want, the more the workers want the more we Have to pay to get GC so we can get things at CS.
It's all about the ******** stock market and profit, that's all people care about now ^^
Hopefully for the veterans, your old kick-a** ways will come back when things a cheap again!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:29 am
What you all should all consider though is that, yes, items are increasing in price and it's tough to get, but it was tough when Gaia first started too.
The Pimpin' items?
12k was ******** off hard as hell to get.
People begged or quested for the whole set for an entire year.
And it's the same way now.
You quest, and Gaia helps.
You get Gold for "surfing" now.
Click on three pages and you can get up to 5 gold.
The Daily chance?
Up to 200 gold, one person even got 10k from a single Daily chance.
There are more game options available for people with different likes: blackjack for gamblers, puzzles and word finds for logic people, etc.
Sure, it's hard as s**t to get that adorable little black wolf thing, but there were items that we all thought were out of our league.
And then you saved, you asked (maybe begged), you bargained, and you got it.
Yes, Monthly Collectibles were only (and still are) $2.50, but if you buy one each month? Wait four months, and you can buy enough Gaia Cash to afford the latest bundle.
If you don't have enough money to buy Gaia Cash, you wouldn't have enough to get an MC as soon as they came out.
Some of them are well beyond 100k and you'd be questing for that, whether there was Gaia Cash or not.

I understand, some feel slighted and want to complain, but honestly Gaia is better now than it ever was before.
Sure, when you first joined it felt novel and awesome, but there are WAY more options now for everyone than there ever were in the entire history of Gaia.
Be glad you have a bunch of quest items.
You wanna know how limited Gaia was before?
Go to tektek and check off Gold Shop Items.
Then, only use pages 174 and higher.
Try and make as kick a** an avi as you can now, I dare you.
If you couldn't afford to pay real money for Gaia items, that's what you were limited to.
Only.
Now, try and make an avi with ALL available Gold Shop Items.
Sure, not as awesome as the Marionette items or the other assorted 1mil+ items, but much better than the early years.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 am
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

I totally agree!!!! I know how hard it is to get on Zomg anymore I mean PS used to make me 15k in about 10 minutes now it takes an hour to get that (depending on getting a crew since all the old decent people don't really want to do Zomg anymore)

So I sort of gave up on it too much time for too little profit... Its getting about as bad as The prices for art around here I mean 250k For a head shot >.> PLEASE I'm an artist and I don't charge that much for decent stuff <.< But all these people are trying to milk the system I just don't pay for anything new until its a few weeks old so the prices bottom out...

The prices are insane and their making it really hard for dedicated non paying players to make gold. Its sad and then they have items costing several Mil I wish they would just cap MP prices at 10 mil... would solve expense troubles but those people who buy cash cards all the time will just spend and spend >.>

I know right I spent 500k one 2 waist up shots for me with ichigo >////>
I think ever since the bootygrab site was opened gaia really infalted I really want the OMG hat and its 24 mill and I think, I'm also a arist but my coloring sucks!

I REALLY hate this site now I really want my dream avatar done but I can;t now cause they made bootygrab harder to find and now they made zOMG harder!

But I like you're idea about having the MP prices set at 10 mill as the limit there should be a petition for it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:31 am
Zuri-kai
I agree with Nala, we do have a voice, but it just takes about 90% of the community speaking together and taking action in order to get something done about the problems, and I don't believe the Gaia community is capable of organizing like that anymore. It's too full of douche bags and n00b preteens who send Gaia their weekly allowance so they can brag about having the latest pixels. XP

And this new and ridiculously huge gap between donators and nons in Zomg is absurd. I'm actually gonna go say something about it on the feedback right now, and encourage people to join me. LET US BE HEARD!!!

When you find it post a link please. at the least this guild can use its voice and be heard.  

Neko Queen Nala

Partying Friend

7,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Partygoer 500

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:55 am
Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

I know right I spent 500k one 2 waist up shots for me with ichigo >////>
I think ever since the bootygrab site was opened gaia really infalted I really want the OMG hat and its 24 mill and I think, I'm also a arist but my coloring sucks!

I REALLY hate this site now I really want my dream avatar done but I can;t now cause they made bootygrab harder to find and now they made zOMG harder!

But I like you're idea about having the MP prices set at 10 mill as the limit there should be a petition for it

thing is they wont do it now the few gaia employees feed off the money we give them you would think they make enough off of advertisements but no so the more hopeless the price seems the more money irl they know desperate people spend. Like there are some adorable ears for a kitty outfit i have but its 24 mil as well Jet star kitten.

SO yeah mainly it so we spend loads of money so they can keep making a profit...

idk kind of annoys me really.... i know its their job and they have to get paid but they should make plenty off of the 20billion advertisements they have posted >.>

But yeah they just want everyone to be able to buy gaia cash so they make a good profit granted i know they need some profit to stay open but still....

I don't want to use gaia cash.

Also I think 50k for a decent drawing is fine but when you pay 1 Mil for a drawing psh.... one guy had that for the going rate for full body drawings

I do that for 50k >.>  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces