Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Expectations on the Remake? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Creepy Dead Guy Rapist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:55 pm
What are your expectations on the Remake of this wonderful book/movie we call the The Hitchhikers guide to the Galexy?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:56 pm
I just hope they don't mess it up!! biggrin I am trying not to set my expectations too high thouhgh, so I won't be disappointed!! biggrin I love the books/game/radio series, etc.. so I will keep an open mind so I can love this one too! biggrin  

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

circuit sparks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:02 pm
I'm certainly hoping for the best. I don't think I was ever this anxious for a movie to come out before. I'm certainly not expecting it to be exactly the same as any other of its previous incarnations, so the fact that certain things are being done differently isn't phasing me. I'll just have to see the finished product, and hopefully everything will be together in a way that does it all justice.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:37 pm
if they ******** it up im gonna kill them swiftly
how does that sound?  

Tokagima

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:51 pm
Lets just think of it this way: if it follows the book to the letter, then we have a wonderfully accurate portrayal of the book. But if it completly contradicts what the book says, it'll basically be keeping with the spirit of the rest of the trilogy. So whatever happens, it'll all turn out alright.

*walks away whistling* Always look on the bright side of life! whoo whoo, whoo whoo, whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:52 am
I'm just hoping for a good DNA-inspired laugh. I hope to hear my favorite quotes in the movie and I want to walk out of there seeing most everyone around me looking confused while I have a smug, satisfied smile on my face. And then I want to return to the box office, get another ticket and watch it again.

Also, if I had the means, I'd fly overseas to catch the pre-American release just to see it sooner...  

Celdia

Destruction Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:18 am
I think it's got the potential to be the one movie of the year I bother seeing in a theater. surprised  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:07 pm
I'm very excited. I screamed throughout the house when I saw the previews. For a book of such quality made into a movie I'm expecting a movie that will blow my mind. Although I wouldn't be surprised if a few good bits here and there are off. After all, Harry Potter was a good book and I was very much dissapointed with the third movie.

On a side note, I saw a picture of marvin in the movie and I thought he would be a bit taller. ^^;  

Patrician

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:13 pm
i will admit that i much prefer Marvin's earlier incarnation in the TV series--this one seems a bit too...cartoonish. i think alan rickman will do a good job, though.

other than that, i'm seriously thrilled. it looks like they're going to throw in a lot of in-jokes, for one, and they mention straight off in the trailer that it's based on the novel (in respectably large and shiny letters, no less XP) so. i'm pleased. very very VERY pleased.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:52 am
judging by the trailer, they totally killed it.  

cant_delete_accounts

I Was Matuso

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:29 pm
It's one of those magical films [see my other thread] that totally follows Adams' style, with the plushies scene [I cried with laughter when I saw that] and the mix of emotions. The only thing I didn't like was the romance thing between Arthur and Trillian, but otherwise it was terrific. You have to remember that Douglas Adams wrote this script himself. There were changes, yes, like Z's head [although you have to love it]. Marvin is awesome, Ford is great, and Zooey Deschaniel as Trillian...wheee...

Also, Slartibartfast is really cool, as is that whole Magrathea scene.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:29 am
I think the quote that best sums up my thoughts is the following:

"If it doesn't kick a**, I'm gonna have to kick some a**!"

sweatdrop  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Periathien

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:13 pm
Does anyone know who is going to be in it and playing what parts because I think for a movie like this, casting will be the most important thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:51 pm
Judging by screen shots I've seen, as well as the trailer, I'm preparing to be dissapointed, though I may be allowing myself to be infuenced by Marvins appearance. I'll just trust that Adams did a good job on his own script.  

Erections in Tight Jeans

Periathien

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:27 pm
OMG! I am sooo happy! I just found out that Sam Rockwell plays Zaphod! I love Sam Rockwell. The last person I expected to play Ford, though, was Mos Def. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games