Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
I'm not gay, I'm furry! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:18 pm
My apologies in advance, I just need to rant. This is a rant about who I am, what I am, how people view me, and how I view other people. And the intolerance of people.
So I'll start with what I am. I am a human male, with a few feminine qualities, both with appearance and behavior. I often get labeled as 'gay' right off. Well, I'm not. Now, hopefully some furries will understand this without thinking I'm a complete moron, but in my heart of hearts, I'm a female Border Collie, and my sexual preference is for the female gender. Telling any girlfriend I've had about this particular situation has ended up with me being single again. This just happened again not a week ago. I'm doomed to be alone for my entire life. So, as a human, I'm straight, and as a furry, my heart of hearts, I'm a lesbian! So the naturally feminine behavior, along with my puppyish behavior, I get asked on a very regular basis if I'm gay. To people I don't know well, no, I'm not gay. To the friends who know my situation, they know I'm a lesbian female dog.
Now, on to the problem. My family, much like I'm sure a lot of your families, doesn't know I'm furry. As far as I know, they don't even know what it is. I'm the type of person who hates keeping things from people, but any time I think I'd be able to sit down and explain to my parents all about furries, my dad always does something to deter me, such as talking about the inferiority of animals, killing and abusing animals, among other things.
I won't go into all the things he's done that have made me ashamed to be what I am, I'll start with the most recent situation. We were sitting around, watching the news, and a news story came on about gay marrages. My dad, being the intolerant person he is, immediately voiced his disgust and demanded that the channel be changed. Even though I'm not gay myself, I support gay rights, and a fair amount of my friends are either gay, lesbian, or bi. So I immediately went at him, asking him why he had such a problem with gays, and he gave me the typical religious bullcrap, saying that the Bible says blah, blah, blah...And I asked him how he'd react if I told him I were gay. He just said, "You'd better not be."
Now, my point is, if he would be unwilling to accept me as a gay man, how the HECK would I ever be able to get him to accept me as a furry, something he knows nothing about? But still, as much as it pisses me off, I still hate keeping it from him, because I have to hide all the movies, drawings, and furry gear such as my collars and tail hidden! That's not fair to me!

Well, my rant is finished for now. I want to know your thoughts on my being a lesbian female dog, how I should deal with my dad, if I should tell him and if so how to go about it (he cuts me off and jumps to conclusions, so simply explaining it to him would end in disaster). And any other things you think would be helpful.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 pm
Oh my god that was a hole mess of bs right there. I don't know if i should laugh or cry for you. I will tell you this i wouldn't leave a guy because he's a furry. I'd approve sooo fight the good fight my brother! Now on to your father one word A-hole.  

InuHalfDemon30

Wealthy Kitten

10,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Popular Thread 100

Cinna101

Aged Loiterer

7,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:35 pm
sounds like your both  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:51 pm
InuHalfDemon30
I don't know if i should laugh or cry for you.

Believe me, I've done plenty of both. It's killing me.  

SilentFox21993

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:52 pm
Cinna101
sounds like your both

Myan? What do you mean by that?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:01 pm
SilentFox21993

Hmm well your dad doesn't want to accept something he doesn't understand I can tell you that much. He seems very set in his ways and there isn't really any way of fixing it unless he decides to change.

I think the occasional Challenge of Why is not a bad start but if he shoots you down just ignore it it's just him putting up walls so he doesn't actually have to think about whether it is right or not to him. He just puts up a religion defence and refuses to think about it much otherwise.

I would have to say as to the dating thing I think this may be whats happening whether you know it or not some girls are afraid of the idea of being a lesbian and perhaps they may think when you admit it that you are in fact a real female.

However for those smart enough to know better and still be detured it may be due to the fact that they want a more dominant male to "take care of them" In your situation it would be much more of a give and take and "you cry on my shoulder i cry on yours" that sort of thing it would be a mutual roll of who is care taker and who is taken care of.

Some girls are intimidated by the idea of not having a care taker 24/7 so they may feel like with the femanine side of things you may not take care of them. This is not what so ever the case but girls will be girls.

I think your best shot is to find a furry lover bi girl someone who is willing to be dominant yet at times be submisive (i don't mean sexually either)

I think maybe that what you need to do is if a girl asks you out at some point "test the waters" ask if they have ever heard of a furry (off handedly of coarse)

later on if they are ok with that then ask them what they think about sexuality.

Test to see if they can handle the fact that you feel like a female border collie by not placing it out there all at once ^^

if you ever want furry art i would make you some (for some reason a sexy border collie sounds super cute XD)  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:11 pm
I totally agree with Dark-Velvet-Revolver
You're father needs to accept for who you really are! A lesbian border collie!, (I know how you feel my father won;t accept my gothic wolf side)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:19 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
SilentFox21993

Hmm well your dad doesn't want to accept something he doesn't understand I can tell you that much. He seems very set in his ways and there isn't really any way of fixing it unless he decides to change.

I think the occasional Challenge of Why is not a bad start but if he shoots you down just ignore it it's just him putting up walls so he doesn't actually have to think about whether it is right or not to him. He just puts up a religion defence and refuses to think about it much otherwise.

I would have to say as to the dating thing I think this may be whats happening whether you know it or not some girls are afraid of the idea of being a lesbian and perhaps they may think when you admit it that you are in fact a real female.

However for those smart enough to know better and still be detured it may be due to the fact that they want a more dominant male to "take care of them" In your situation it would be much more of a give and take and "you cry on my shoulder i cry on yours" that sort of thing it would be a mutual roll of who is care taker and who is taken care of.

Some girls are intimidated by the idea of not having a care taker 24/7 so they may feel like with the femanine side of things you may not take care of them. This is not what so ever the case but girls will be girls.

I think your best shot is to find a furry lover bi girl someone who is willing to be dominant yet at times be submisive (i don't mean sexually either)

I think maybe that what you need to do is if a girl asks you out at some point "test the waters" ask if they have ever heard of a furry (off handedly of coarse)

later on if they are ok with that then ask them what they think about sexuality.

Test to see if they can handle the fact that you feel like a female border collie by not placing it out there all at once ^^

if you ever want furry art i would make you some (for some reason a sexy border collie sounds super cute XD)

Thank you for all of this. You understand my dad's type completely. And with the relationship thing, I never pile it on all at once, and I do let them know a little bit of the weirdness at a time. XD
Oh, and as for the furry art, I'd be super happy! Nobody I've had to draw my fursona has been any good. >.>  

SilentFox21993

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:17 pm
Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx
You're father needs to accept for who you really are! A lesbian border collie!, (I know how you feel my father won;t accept my gothic wolf side)

I had a friend who was a goth wolf! I've not talked to him in furever! XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:45 pm
While reading your post I had to wonder if you were really talking about furry. Furry is just being a huge fan of anthropomorphics, having a fan character (fursona) and the like. But the way you're talking about it, with a true associate as a female border collie, it sounds to me more like therianthropy. Which is something completely different.

Dark-Velvet-Revolver, said pretty much all of the good stuff, especially with what she said about relationships and the different types of girls. Though in all honesty I don't understand why they would have that much of a problem. They get all the goodies of being with a man, but the sensitivities of being with a woman. X3

Oh, and I might yoink your fursona for art fodder if I feel the artsies come on. I've always wanted to try drawing a fluffy canine. ^^  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:06 am
SilentFox21993

Thank you for all of this. You understand my dad's type completely. And with the relationship thing, I never pile it on all at once, and I do let them know a little bit of the weirdness at a time. XD
Oh, and as for the furry art, I'd be super happy! Nobody I've had to draw my fursona has been any good. >.>

I understand because a large population of the people are like that they are very small minded >.>

and im pretty good LOL i drew the kitty and my current avi picture another fursona i did just the other day is here

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:07 am
Zuri-kai
While reading your post I had to wonder if you were really talking about furry. Furry is just being a huge fan of anthropomorphics, having a fan character (fursona) and the like. But the way you're talking about it, with a true associate as a female border collie, it sounds to me more like therianthropy.

Honestly, it's a mixture of the two. Because I am a huge fan of anthropomorphics, yet still do behave as a female dog except when situations require otherwise. ^.^; It makes me think I'm messed up in the head, despite my few accepting, open minded friends telling me otherwise. O.o But I'm happy being a lesbian b***h. =3  

SilentFox21993

Venom Schatten

Destructive Mage

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:10 am
My sincere opinion? Don't mix you human side with your furry side. she doesn't even needed to know about this.

Just be furry with your furry friends.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:43 am
Venom Schatten
My sincere opinion? Don't mix you human side with your furry side. she doesn't even needed to know about this.

Just be furry with your furry friends.

Three things. First, it's not the behaviour that deters these girls. They are friends of mine before I date them, and they know how I act, and I've been told that the behaviour itself is actually kinda cute. ^.^
Second, I can't really help 'mixing' them. It's just who I am. And I kinda take the 'love me as I am, or don't love me at all, just accept me for me, and don't try to change me' stance.
And third, that's not something I plan on keeping from someone I date, or my non-furry friends. I have a non-furry friend that offers to walk me around on a leash during a festival, and wants to go to a furry convention with me. ^.^  

SilentFox21993

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:08 am
SilentFox21993
Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

I had a friend who was a goth wolf! I've not talked to him in furever! XD

Well I hope your father accpets for who you are unlike my father  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas