Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:08 am
User Image
Hi everyone and welcome to the Gaian Graphic Designers Guild!

Since we started this guild last August, it has grown into a great group of creative people, and we're still going strong. Thanks for joining, and I hope you learn a lot!!

Without further ado, my name is Megan, and I am the captian of the guild. I just recently graduated with a degree in Graphic Design, and I work at a realty office in the advertising dept. Yes, I actually have a job in the field I studied in, its hard to believe. For anyone looking for a job/career doing art, and are getting frustrated because it seems impossible, just keep trying. You'll find it.

Please post about yourselves so we can all feel like a big huge group of best friends. *gush*!

NEW MEMBERS: If you would like to get updates about what's going on, sign up for the mailing list either by PMing mr_treasurer (put PM list in the subject) or enter your email into our list by going to our temporary site (we will have a cool site soon!).  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:13 pm
Hi. My name is david... but you might as well just call me edison here. I recently graduated as well, with a degree in painting.

As for GD, i am mostly self taught, and specifically interested in web design.  

edison

GhoSt-X

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:46 pm
Hi Everybody!
I'm Peter.

I am currently an Engineering/Computer Science Student.
I'm pretty much jut into webpage design, so if you have any questions on basic web page making, feel free to drop me a message, and ill help if i can.

^_-
I also love my photography.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:44 pm
Hi, my name is Josh. I'm 16 yrs. old. I would someday like to be a web designer or something having to do with computers xP  

myst_dragon

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:52 pm
Hey everyone!

I'm studying Computer Science with Peter (GhoSt-X), but my real love (and what I hope to do eventually) is web design and graphic design.

At the moment I'm trying to get together a portfolio (you can see what I've done so far at teresawatts.com) so I can get some work experience at a web design company. I'm also doing some illustrations and graphics stuff for a friend's online magazine.

Everything I know about GD is self taught, although I'm thinking about doing a graphic design degree after I finish my current one. I'm also into digital art, especially anime style, although my style changes constantly.

My other major interest is kung fu. So yeah... watch out domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:15 pm
Hi. whee I'm Kurai, and by now, everyone that's been on the Graphic Design thread pretty much knows me.... wink

For those that don't... I'm into designing webpages and webpage graphics. I have my own shop here that I designed all the graphics and layout for.... But mostly I enjoy just doing the more artistic side of the graphics spectrum. 3nodding  

Kuraino Tenshi

Kitsunehime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:39 pm
Hullo. X3 I'm Kitsunehime, Wu Jia-xin if you must refer to me by my real name. whee

I'm another one who's basically self-taught in GD, with an especial interest in web design and digital graphics.

Random fact: I have three real names. whee One English, one Chinese, and one alternate pronunciation of the Chinese name. Plus a Japanese pronunciation if I can look it up. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:40 pm
hi! i'm rob, or acis... i guess... i swiped the name from greek mythology somewhere... not really happy with it but hey!!
anyways, i'm 16 and live on the isle of wight (suth england) i'm just about to start my a-levels in september, i'm doing art, tech, maths and english language. i am interested in doing some sort of graphic design as a career and i've come here to meet similarily minded people and get advice, practice and criticism when i actually do something!
that may be a while thougha s i have no good computer programmes for graphic design... i may have to ask for a laptop for my birthday in october or something
i need one!!!

i got into anime and manga only recently and i'm developing my drawing skills...i have trouble with heads, hands and faces... damn them!!

other interests include acting, music (muse, placebo, marilyn manson, opeth, nin, the faint, broken spindles, the white stripes, system of a down) and sleeping i suppose

i'm so lazy!!  

Acis

Susue

Alien Invader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:53 pm
Howdy. I'm Atsue (Real name is Veronica, but someone took that as their username...>_> rawr.)
I'm 16 years old and self taught. I have taken on "Computer Art" class given at my school and was basically "taught" everything I had figured out for myself...talk about an easy and ridiculously fun A.
I'm interested in Graphic Design. I mostly just manipulate images for banners, avatars, and other random website graphics.
I'm a iMac user (woot woot) and my art teacher was generous enough to give me Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and a friend just gave me the Adobe CS package. I usually use Adobe Photoshop 8.0.
I love photomanipulation and do all the images for my school's newspaper and soon my schools newspaper's website. =o I'm beyond excited.
I'm not sure if I would want to pursue a career in Graphic Design since I love to write as well so I'm hoping I may use both.

Random Nonsense: I'm an anime and manga fan. =x Who isn't these days? I draw in a manga influenced like style, though try not to do the cliche look you might say. I'm not very good, but I hpe to improve. I'm in the long process of writing a several book series that I'd like to see turned into a manga some day...in my wildest dreams.

I like talking about myself. xp heart  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:23 pm
graphic design makes me happy. 3nodding

My name is Sharon but I also answer to Sharon Lynn, Cho Ron, Wombi, or Street. I have the personality of a rabid wombat on crack. I want to major in Communications Design when I go to college, which should have been this year, but I switched high schools and my new school thought I should have to repeat a year for no real reason whatsoever. the good part about that is, I have no more class requirements for graduating so I'm taking seven art classes. yay. mrgreen

as far as my GD expertise goes, I'm pretty much self-taught and I think I'm better than the average person, but nowhere near as good as the average professional graphic designer. I've wanted to be an artist of some kind or another since I was 2 but I didn't really get into GD until I decided to make a website for my pictures, and now I'm a little obsessed... but it's a good obsession, so who cares?  

Caolfhionn

xNailBunny187x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:46 pm
HI.. i am squiggles.. aka DeReK.. umm.. i dont really know what to say... i enjoy making the lil pics on the comp.. i am pretty good at it.. well umm.. yeah.. lol.. im a lil tired rite now.. ok.. well im gonna go make a lil signature thing for me.. ok later
-Squiggles-  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:02 am
Hello,
I am currently attending college to gain my associates degree in graphic design. Some of my favorite things to work with are Photoshop, web pages, and business stationary.

I also do a lot of drawing and cartooning.  

OptimaClonic5

kurohitsuji

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:34 pm
Hello~! I'm CMing... (kurohitsuji is just a nick name i give myself ) currently in Australia but i'm from HongKong in yr 10 aged 16 and currently doing graphic design at school as a elective.....and gonna do IT Multimedia and animation in Yr 11~! I'm looking forward to it as well~! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:33 am
hey boys and girls.

i introduced myself on the original thread (albeit with a female avatar), but i figured i'd do it again here. my name's Brian, i'm currently a Graphic Design/Visual Communications major, and i'll be graduating in 2005. i've been drawing for as long as i can remember, for whatever reason artistic talent runs rampant on my mom's side of the family (my mom is an art history major, my cousin is a theater major, my grandfather was an amateur painter, the list goes on...). so, when i graduate i'll most likely begin as an independant contractor/freelance illustrator unless something really exciting happens when i send out my resumes next year.

woot  

Novocain

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:41 pm
Atsue
...my art teacher was generous enough to give me Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and a friend just gave me the Adobe CS package...

You lucky lucky person! How come no one ever gives me cool presents like that gonk

Wooo welcome all new people! It's really interesting to see the range of educations and skill levels we have here, even after only a few days of the guild being open. Its really great! I hope we can all learn from each other xd  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff