Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Suggestions for Guild Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:13 pm
User Image
If you have any suggestions for the guild, or any feedback or questions, feel free to post them here!

(edited by Silver)

July 2005 - Suggestion List

Give me your ideas and suggestions to bring some excitement to the guild and I'll post them here.

Contests

-Something similar to Lightboxing (http://www.veer.com/ideas/lightboxing/)
-book covers
-designing money

Projects

-Art Volley/Photoshop tennis (example: http://www.madtennis.com/)

Discussions/Other

-Guild shop/auction (still want to do this!)
-Update Member Websites thread  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:46 pm
Chisa
Another thing: how about sending invitations to all the people who contributed to the original thread? Some haven't been there in a while, and might not know about the guild, but might still be interested.

Okay, too late, already invited them sweatdrop We should have a few new members soon.  

Chisa
Vice Captain

edison

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:19 am
I think 1 or 2 people should be in charge of the Tutorials and Helpful Links thread. This way it can be organized, similar to the way the Art Discussion resources is. Then people wont have to sift through everyones posts in order to find something. Members can PM the person with links and ideas, which they can add, so all the information is in 1 organized post.

Also, perhaps Resources is a more appropriate title, since i think tutorials will just be a small part of it. I guess this doesn't really matter though, I'm just turned off to the word after seeing so many people requesting tutorials in Art Discussion.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:41 am
I agree...
i think most of the links will be resources anyway.
because of the limited ability to post (html restrictions),
it would be quite hard to effectively set up proper tutorials...
so the tutes we have will onli be able to be small and simple ones..  

GhoSt-X

myst_dragon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:25 pm
Well I have one abstract tutorial that will come out like one in my deviantart account. Also do we have like a group sig thing for this guild?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:14 pm
urmm.. i should have a webserver up soon ..
then you can link to my siggied when they r there..  

GhoSt-X

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:54 pm
Since we're telling people not to donate directly to the guild (that is up there somewhere right?) I think we should have a donation thread/sticky. We can elect a treasurer from the crew members, and they can start the thread saying all donations can be sent to them. Donors should post in that thread so we have a public record of all the guild's finances, so everyone knows the person isn't just spending the money on themselves.

Just an idea xd So we can come up with a prize for the banner competition; I'm pretty low on funds and can't really offer a prize, I'm afraid.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:05 am
Chisa
Since we're telling people not to donate directly to the guild (that is up there somewhere right?) I think we should have a donation thread/sticky. We can elect a treasurer from the crew members, and they can start the thread saying all donations can be sent to them. Donors should post in that thread so we have a public record of all the guild's finances, so everyone knows the person isn't just spending the money on themselves.

Just an idea xd So we can come up with a prize for the banner competition; I'm pretty low on funds and can't really offer a prize, I'm afraid.

I'm kinda new to this whole Gaia thing so I'm not sure this is even possible but could someone start a new account that would just be the guild account, then poeple could donate to it and the main people that need to access it could have the password to it. That way someone wouldn't have to get their funds mixed up with the guild funds. Just a thought.  

silvertabby

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:06 pm
silvertabby
Chisa

I'm kinda new to this whole Gaia thing so I'm not sure this is even possible but could someone start a new account that would just be the guild account, then poeple could donate to it and the main people that need to access it could have the password to it. That way someone wouldn't have to get their funds mixed up with the guild funds. Just a thought.

Great idea! And yes, it is possible, they're called 'mule accounts'. It would make things a lot easier.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:46 pm
I just got a spare Sealed Envelope xd So, SilverVixen, do you mind if I start up the banner competition, offering that as a prize?  

Chisa
Vice Captain

edison

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:28 pm
Chisa
silvertabby

Great idea! And yes, it is possible, they're called 'mule accounts'. It would make things a lot easier.

haha. can we dress him/her up? with glasses and a tie... and one of those banker visors.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:45 pm
edison
haha. can we dress him/her up? with glasses and a tie... and one of those banker visors.

Heheh that would be cool. I have some Emo glasses we could put on them.

So, SilverVixen, we need your okay on these things:

- starting up the banner contest
- mule account to hold guild funds (and either only one person can have the detail of that account, or all the crew members?)

When we get around to making a fund account, I'll put the contest prize in there.  

Chisa
Vice Captain

IcyBlaze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:02 am
My Idea for a Guild Site:

We start a guild site.

On the home Page there will be information about the guild and links to peoples portfolio pages. The homepage will be designed by one person (Probably SilverVixen).

Each member is alloted one page for a portfolio. Then on each member's portfolio page, the Member will implement his or her own design that will be unique to everyone else's.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:04 am
Ooooh! I didn't even think of that..... Oh, you've sparked my interest. I would love to do that... considering I don't have a job or anything else to take up a lot of my time. razz

I would need lots of suggestions so I could make it really cool.... Start suggesting ideas!!  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

Tinuu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:43 am
I have an idea.
How bout we have this "project of the week" thing, where ideas for projects are posted (in detail, like a contest), but there aren't any winners, and people can post their finished projects? (i.e. book covers, cd covers, etc)
This is for people like me who need things in their portolio, but is too unimaginative to come up with project ideas... sweatdrop  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff