Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkle Motion - JULY 2012 - ON SUMMER BREAK

Back to Guilds

For Socialites, Fashionista's, and the generally Fabulous. 

Tags: Beauty, Learning, Fashion, Tutorials, Cooking 

Reply ★News Archives★ Read News From Previous Months Here.
Sparkle Motion NEWS September 2011 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you want a new name for the monthly publication ?
No way Sparkle Motion News is perfect.
68%
 68%  [ 32 ]
Yeah something without the word News in it.
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Yes something completely different.
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 47

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:07 pm

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Heeeeellloooo Sparkle Motion! We have a very exciting edition of Avatar Talk today, our subject for the month? BOOBIES!

Once upon a time, a group of ingenious Techno Geeks created a wonderful online community known as GoGaia.com with an expected demographic of young adults between the ages of 13-18. Back then, female avatars were given just enough roundness in the chest too look feminine but not much.

This was ok for a while but the users of Gaia who joined young grew up, some even getting married and having children. The small flat-chested adolescent look was no longer suitable for avatars reflecting the personalities of well developed C and D cup Gaians who are proud of their cleavage.

Thus started, The Petitions! For the past few years, countless petitions for bigger boobs have been made and have been signed by thousands of Gaian ladies look for a chest booster. While the devs have yet to do anything major about it, the artists have heard our cries and designed many beautiful bust boosters for our avatars!

--The base we have now--

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you would like to see more Bust Boosting items, Please sign this petition:

User Image

heart

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:41 pm

WARNING: If you are under 18
have never waxed
or you just generally are an idiot.
Seek professional assistance with your waxing.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:41 pm

We should have put this out in the spring but it is never the wrong time of year for this much cuteness!

User Image

SparkleMotionTreasurer
Crew

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:47 am

Every month I, Xena91388, will review two games! One will be a mini game and the other will be a high budget game. For this month of September, we will be looking at Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep and Gaia's very own Backyard Monsters.

E3 Trailer.......Intro Video

This game was so amazing, I just had to review it!! heart I give this game 4/5 stars!! Losing the one star in mechanics only.

Going into this, I didn't have very high hopes or expectations:

- Kingdoms Hearts was interesting but a little bland story-wise.
- Chain of Memories was also a little "blegh" and I wasn't to fond of some of the new characters.
- Kingdom Hearts 2 was a hell of a lot more interesting but the game itself was ridiculously easy! All you have to do is mash X and the occasional Δ to win.
- 358/2 is hardly worth mentioning. It was boring as hell with it's repetitive missions and contributed nothing to the overall story plot except with a false allusion as to why Roxas can use two keyblades. The only event of interest is when Xigbar looks at Xion and sees Ventus.

Then there's Birth By Sleep!
Aw man! Birth By Sleep has to be one of the best written and thought-out games I've ever played! It's right up there with Final Fantasy VII and other game legends! This game is the Empire Strikes Back of the Kingdom Hearts Saga and if there is any possible way KH3 becomes better than this, it will blow my mind. I still can't believe there is a Final Mix for it because it can't get any more awesome without being released to bigger platform.

As far as characters go, I actually love the new ones! heart In the other games, I hated Riku Replica, Namine, and Roxas and I was so happy to see the last of Xion, I think I did a little dance. In this game, I absolutely love Aqua. For those of you who've played FFXIII, she's like a more lighthearted Lightning. She completely breaks out of the steriotype of female characters in games being either bitchy, super sweet, childish. She never needs rescuing (she actually does the rescuing) and she's not an emo kill-joy like the aforementioned Lightning. Kingdom hearts canon has her as the most powerful Keyblade warrior second only to Xehanort. (but that's debatable given the ending) As for Xehanort himself, you gain a little sympathy for him and won't really want to see him die by the next game like you probably did after the first game. Why? Terra! heart Possibly the greatest curve ball they threw in this game is Braig(Xigbar). After seeing him for the first time through Terra's POV I just stared at the screen speechlessly for five minutes. For those of you who've always been curious, you get to see how he gets the eyepatch and scar on his face!

Story wise, it brings everything full circle. Every little mystery is explained and if you're not crying by the end of it or even just a little bit teary eyed, you must be a Nobody! xd Unlike traditional games that follow one direct POV. KH:BBS splits into three views within six segments and each POV getting it's own different cut-scenes. After you finish each segment, it's cut-scenes are available for viewing from the main menu in case you forgot something or are a little lost.

Development wise, it's perfect!! Unlike the ease of the previous game, you actually have to put a little strategy and thinking into your attacks and spells plus since you fight solo, your "friends" can't auto heal you like Donald and Goofy did with Sora. They've added to the game what I will call a Limit Break for lack of a descriptive word. When you've filled your attack meter and cast certain spells, you go into what is called a Command Form (similar to Sora's Drive forms in KH2). Instead of Summons, you have what is called a D-Link which allows you to borrow a friend's powers and is much easier to fight with than the summons of old but practically useless most of the time. In this game, you also have to make your own abilities rather than developing them through Exp. Similar to the Materia Forging of FFVII: Crisis Core, you have to level up magic and attack spells and then merge them together with a synthesizer crystal (the things you used to give to the moogles) to make new abilities with the spells/attacks you create.

A side note to the game development is the Command Board or as I like to called it Monopoly-On-Steroids! Instead of running around fighting monsters to level-up your attacks and magic, you can choose to play Command Board which is a refreshing and fun relief to traditional grinding.

Command board aside, we can't forget the minigames! Pooh's Storybook is unfortunately unavailable for this game, though the characters do interact with it briefly, and thank goodness for the sake of our sanity there is nothing like the musicals of Atlantica (KH2). The minigames in KH:BBS are: Rumble Racing (similar to Mario Kart), Fruit Ball (extreme tennis), Ice-cream Beat (possibly worse than Ariel's musicals and featuring It's A Small World), and of course the Multiplayer Mirage Arena.

As far as game mechanics, It is extremely slow on loading even after you download it into the PSP memory and sometimes (especially with Aqua) the gameplay will freeze entirely for several seconds when you enter a command mode. Some people complain about the camera but I had no problem with it. It's a hell of a lot better than the murderously bad camera in 358/2 and the worlds are not shrunken like in 358/2. Also, in order to unlock each new segment, you have to save every completed sequence in a separate save slot so the game can keep track of them, using up your memory and causing grievous headaches when you accidentally save over the wrong slot. With all the memory it uses and super long loading times, I think this game would have been better off being released for the big platforms such as the PS3 and X-Box360

Oh! I forgot to mention the voice talents!! Not only do all your favorites from David Ogden Stiers to Jim Cummings return, but you also get to hear Luke Skywalker as your teacher and Spock as The Big Bad Dude! biggrin biggrin *cough* Sorry, fan-girl moment, what I meant to say was Mark Hamill and Leonard Nimoy as Master Erauqs and Xehanort. They really needed to give Erauqs more lines, the voice Hamill gives is very close to the Joker voice he did for BatmanTAS so if you close your eyes during the cut-scenes, it's like The Joker is telling Terra to turn away from the dark side! rofl

Random thought: Since FFVII is one of my favorite FF games, I've been trying to figure out the KH history of the characters. In KH2 Sephiroth's dialogue with Cloud seems to imply the he is not a separate being entirely but rather a manifestation of the darkness within Cloud. After playing BBS, I have to wonder of Cloud and Sephiroth's relationship is the same as Ventus and Vanitas and if so, does Xehanort have anything to do with it?

Ever wanted to have your own army of mutated monster minions and go rampaging around your neighbors' yards and loot their stuff? Well then this is the game for you! That is until you reach a certain level. . .

This new game from Gaia is very enjoyable but it will not have the lasting value of zOMG. When you start, you are given six days of protection and a small bit of "Shiny" (the BYM version of GC). During these six days, you have the opportunity to build up your defenses and practice raiding on wild monsters without fear that your yard will be looted. Once your six days are up, you are free to attack all your friends and neighbors as long as they are at least three levels above or below you.

But that is where this game dies. Once you've reached a certain level, generally around 24-25, you hit a rut where you can only have successful raids against people way below you unless they are idiots in much the same way you master tictactoe. The game just reaches this point where all attacks against you fail as much as all your own attacks fail and the only thing left to do is harvest and upgrade indefinitely unless you attack people way below your level. It's really fun in the beginning but it just doesn't last.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:38 pm

User Image

MidnightBlue9999

Gambino Medic

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:46 pm
User Image
WOW ASPIRIN

* Fungal infections on soil is one problem some gardeners face. It can be treated by using aspirin. Dissolve an aspirin tablet in a liter of water and sprinkle the mixture on the affected soil. Although this will fix the problem, care should be taken to not to make the mixture too strong if using around plants, as it may burn the leaves.

User Image
* Do you know that aspirin helps to keep cut flowers to be fresh for a longer period of time? Before arranging cut flowers in a vase, put a soluble aspirin tablet into the water. It helps to keep them fresh for longer.

* Having dandruff problems? Powder two aspirin tablets and mix it with your usual shampoo. Leave on the hair for two or three minutes before washing.

* If you are a smoker, certainly you will have nicotine stains on your fingers. To remove them, take a soluble aspirin and mix it thoroughly with some freshly squeezed lemon juice. This mixture will remove nicotine stains, grass stains, etc from hands.
User Image
* Pimples? Don't worry. Make a paste by adding some water to powdered aspirin. Apply this paste on the pimples and wash it off after a few minutes. Since aspirin also functions as an astringent, the pimples will be reduced in size and will not be as red in appearence as before.

* Aspirin can be used to remove sweat stains from T-shirts. Dissolve two aspirins in half a cup of warm water and apply to the stained area of the fabric. Leave it for a couple of hours. When you wash the stains will be gone completely.

* When making compost for your garden or greenhouse mixing, it with aspirin will prevent fungus forming around the roots of new plants.

* If your hair had become yellowish or faded from the chlorine content in a swimming pool, it can be treated very quickly. Dissolve eight to ten aspirin tablets in a glass of water and rub the solution into your hair. Wash it away after leaving it on for about ten minutes and shampoo it in the usual way.

* Mosquito bites and bee stings can be eased by wetting the skin and rubbing an aspirin over the spot.
User Image

* Treat hard calluses Soften hard calluses on your feet by grinding five or six aspirins into a powder. Make a paste by adding 1/2 teaspoon each of lemon juice and water. Apply the mixture to the affected areas, then wrap your foot in a warm towel and cover it with a plastic bag. After staying off your feet for at least ten minutes, remove the bag and towel, and file down the softened callus with a pumice stone.

* Revive dead car batteries If you get behind the wheel only to discover that your car’s battery has given up the ghost — and there’s no one around to give you a jump — you may be able to get your vehicle started by dropping two aspirin tablets into the battery itself. The aspirin’s acetylsalicylic acid will combine with the battery’s sulfuric acid to produce one last charge. Just be sure to drive to your nearest service station.
User Image

TAKE CARE:
About 10% percent of people with severe asthma are also allergic to aspirin — and, in fact, to all products containing salicylic acid, aspirin’s key ingredient, including some cold medications, fruits, and food seasonings and additives. That percentage skyrockets to 30% to 40% percent for older asthmatics who also suffer from sinusitis or nasal polyps. Acute sensitivity to aspirin is also seen in a small percentage of the general population without asthma — particularly people with ulcers and other bleeding conditions. Always consult your doctor before using any medication, and do not apply aspirin externally if you are allergic to taking it internally.

Thank you Readers Digest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:06 pm
User Image

Click on the banner to post your Aquarium tank on Madame Vita's aquarium thread.
And keep an eye out for glowing tanks! ^_^

Booty Grab is a great way to make some quick cash. So check out the aquarium forums

sparkle like it's hot!

MidnightBlue9999

Gambino Medic

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:44 pm
Easy D.I.Y
Look and learn
The idea of look and learn D.I.Y Is that just by seeing the picture it comes together for you. But of course. I have provided a link to the originator of this photo. Her name is Elaine Elwick Barr and her blog is called Rock n Roll Crafts She is a very groovey Blogger. Who has lots of cool things to share. And she is funny too. I highly recommend checking her out.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:18 am

User Image

Xena's Super Special Awesome Easy Peasy Chocolate Obliteration!

Ingredients:

1 (5 ounce) Package non-instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
2 1/3 Cups Milk
1 Package Chocolate Cake Mix (I used Ghirardelli Dark, it was on sale at Publix whee )
2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips

(Optional) 1Tsp Rum extract or 1Tb Rum

(For Optional Topping) 1/2 Tb Butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F degrees (175C) and grease your cake pan. Pour dry cake mix into bowl and half the chocolate chips (and rum). Prepare the pudding according to the directions on the package, either stove-top or microwave. Pour hot pudding mix into bowl with cake mix and stir until well blended. Pour mixture into cake pan and bake for 20 minutes or until done (when a toothpick comes out clean)

Toppings (optional):

Chocolate Chips: BEFORE baking, sprinkle cake with the remaining chocolate chips.

Drizzle: After baking the cake, while it cools, gently heat and melt remaining chocolate chips in a pot. Add butter and stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:57 pm

User Image

LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELLOW! ^_^

★News Archives★ Read News From Previous Months Here.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games