Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
HOSHIT TRAILER (not the teaser, the actual trailer) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:39 pm
http://home.gotland.com/wisby/Hitchhikersguide.mov

it's not supposed to be released until midnight tonight, but well...

80 minutes is a long time to wait. enjoy, those of you who aren't on the "dna_fans" LJ community.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:52 pm
I was lookin for this...Thanks alot!

Whoa...

This is gonna be different. *nod*

Ghost Chef

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:02 pm
i'm wondering how they plan on doing Zaphod's extra head. the arm is there, but...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:48 pm
It shows his second head pop up in the trailer. xd At least i think so.. for some reason it won't play right for me and things lag. gonk  

circuit sparks

Ghost Chef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm
I thought I saw something hidden in there too, in his...um...whatever that is he's wearing...but it appeared to be beneath his other head...?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:58 pm
i thought that was just my eye playing tricks on me.

i guess they need a way to explain why Zaphod had one head when Trillian and Arthur met him on earth, but two when Arthur runs into him after the earth is blown up.  

MST3Kakalina

LifeLoveandstuff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:24 am
OMG! I can't for the movie! I thought it was going to be stupid, but it looks promising. And even though I love Mos Def, I thought have him as Ford would ruin the movie. But it didn't. ...i am such a teenybopperish h2g2 fangirl.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:35 pm
I love the trailer!! I really was dancing around with joy to finally see pictures.. not just the teaser they have had floating around for a while.

If the trailer made me this happy.. I think the movie is going to be a smash hit! biggrin (I am probably so biased, but who cares?)  

ettie_etoile57

Familiar Hunter

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:08 pm
LifeLoveandstuff
OMG! I can't for the movie! I thought it was going to be stupid, but it looks promising. And even though I love Mos Def, I thought have him as Ford would ruin the movie. But it didn't. ...i am such a teenybopperish h2g2 fangirl.

am i the only person who didn't have a conniption when they found out Mos Def was going to be Ford? yeah, i was a little "WTF?" at first, but then i figured that they must have had a good reason for casting him. the only reason you think of Ford as being white is because he's mentioned as having ginger hair, so other than that...

anyway, i'm sure DNA would have approved of the minor ruckus caused in fanchildren across the world by casting Mos Def, so no worries =P  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:37 pm
It seems like they're going to push love interest between Arthur and Trillian.

At least that's how I saw it.

Verax

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:08 pm
as long as they don't make it so Trillian reciprocates, then it's all well and good.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:40 pm
Marvin is cuter than I pictured him. In my head he was cute because he was depressed. Now he's physicly (sp?) cute and it was a little off putting at first. He is round and I pictured him square.  

LifeLoveandstuff

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:40 pm
I think a few things about this:
-You can't display in a movie many things from the books (ie. the chapter about flying)
-DNA used literary ambiguity of appearance and location, which will not transfer to the screen (ie. I don't like the rounc Marvin, also Vogon poetry will either have to be in the vogon language or not heard, otherwise the audience will be able to judge the measure and timing to decide whether or not it is bad, as opposed to reading random lines and having Ford's reaction tell you about it)

-VOGON SHIPS ARE YELLOW! YELLOW IS NOT GREY! GREAY SHIPS ARE NOT VOGON! HOW CAN ANYONE MESS THIS UP? DID THE DIRECTOR EVEN READ THE BOOK?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:56 pm
MST3Kakalina
LifeLoveandstuff

am i the only person who didn't have a conniption when they found out Mos Def was going to be Ford? yeah, i was a little "WTF?" at first, but then i figured that they must have had a good reason for casting him. the only reason you think of Ford as being white is because he's mentioned as having ginger hair, so other than that...

anyway, i'm sure DNA would have approved of the minor ruckus caused in fanchildren across the world by casting Mos Def, so no worries =P

Me and my friends thought it was going to be weird to see Mos Def in the movie because we imagined all the characters to look and sound like the guys from Frasier.

I know. It's sad. But those are the only English people we know.  

LifeLoveandstuff

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:55 pm
I don't care if Ford is white or not - I just wanted his gingerlovely hair! crying And what about his freakycool eyes? Blue eyes worked so well in the TV series, though I've seen some fan versions of him with purple eyes, and I feel even green wouldn't be too farfetched (it is his favorite color, and the color of entropy. 4laugh ). Perhaps... could it be?! eek The movie won't place much emphasis on his eyes of awesometude?! Nooo...! crying

And Marvin - way too cute. It sickens me. Bit short too. wink I mean, when he's a short stumpy little thing, how are we supposed to get the slumping, not-too-well-put-together feel he has? Don't tell me that little thing can slump in a corner. xp

I feel the same as DNA - only Arthur has to be British (well, maybe Trillian too). Get away from the "Why does everyone in the universe speak British English?" feel of Doctor Who for example. whee (sorry Doctor, I still wuv you! sweatdrop )
...hey, maybe there'll be some Esperanto. wink Or not. xd (don't get too excited, I don't actually watch Red Dwarf. I am naught but a poser. sweatdrop )

Well, I couldn't get the trailer to load, but I saw a few odd clips on Entertainment Tonight. And yes, the way they're doing Zaphod's head (holy hell, his hair is actually the color it was in the book - something, as far as I know, that has never yet happened to him - Bill Nighy looks like he's gonna be awesome BTW) is one head stacked below the other, so you won't see it for much of the movie. Smart, and no clunky animatronics or obvious CG... still, I think he's so much cuter with side-by-side heads - I do, after all, prefer his right head (the quiet one with the eyepatch 4laugh ). User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And I dunno if this scene was in the trailer, but Ford talking to some enormous lady... "I didn't mean to stop calling you, but I was stranded on a planet for several years...you look good!" or something to that effect. xd Sweet Ford, always the ladies' man, no matter what color his hair is... crying (yes! it is the hair and not the skin I am angsting over! I am neurotic!!)

...And the only possible way I would ever support Arthur/Trillian would be if it sets up for things in later movies, such as, say, Random. stare But with the artificial insemination, it's not really nescessary... But damn you damn you damn you, it's Arthur and For- er, Fenchurch! Arthur and Fenchurch, damn you! (Ford and Random is good too. 3nodding Think about it, they don't know anything about their respective heritages...)

How are they gonna do the Guide entries? gonk

...still, seeing the thing on Entertainment Tonight made me hug every huggable object in my room (including a 12 inch globe of the moon), and send out a soul hug to Doug whereever he be (and one to Julian Lennon, 'cause I owe him one). heart

To sum up: Can't wait can't wait can't wait, first in line with towel in hand. Oyes. heart  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games