Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
What's your hobby? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:16 pm

I thought it might be fun to start this thread to kind of get to know each other more. So other than the Occult, what are your hobbies?

My main hobby is fish keeping. It's pretty cool to create this perfect little environment in your home and find the best techniques for taking care of your fish. Plus there are so many different fish you can keep, it's awesome.

Ok, now you go!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 pm
digital art
and talking to people XD  

neko-mata-01

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:43 pm
oooo fish keeping does sound like fun.

my own hobbies are.......well a lot lol. i have a short attention span so i need lots to fill what little time i have xd
i read,
draw(i dont sketch or draw like things. just doodles of dots and lines)
garden
edit/create/test maps (mainly star craft broodwar)
design, create and paint terrain (lol mainly for my brothers obsession of miniature war gaming)
yoga (lol i dont know why exactly......)
meditation/nlp/hypnosis
just about any kind of science whether im reading/learning it, researching it, or testing it
and history (mainly european)
jewlery designing and making
clothes designing and sometimes making
weaving (with a good old fashioned loom. none of that silly knitting or crocheting)
making pottery!!

and you said besides occult, so these are all excluding my occult researches and tests. and yes i do all of these though my favourite hobby would be either the map making or the research.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:43 pm
I like to read, play video games, and do outdoor activities like hiking and building survival skills. I also enjoy tumbling and martial arts from time to time.

I haven't done much of the last three since I moved to a major city.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:55 pm
BSPBleach
oooo fish keeping does sound like fun.

It is. Expensive, but worth it. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate!

Obscurus

Niice. I love video games too. My 360 got stolen so right now I have a ps2 with one game rolleyes and my faithful ds lite. I always want to go hiking but there's nowhere within biking distance to hike for free.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Vanilla eXee
Niice. I love video games too. My 360 got stolen so right now I have a ps2 with one game rolleyes and my faithful ds lite. I always want to go hiking but there's nowhere within biking distance to hike for free.

I'm saving up for an Xbox 360 so I can play online with my friends back home. I just moved here three weeks ago so I haven't really ventured out to find any place to do much hiking or the like. I'd probably be too tired for something like that right now anyway. xd

I have my PS2 and my GC with my games. I also have an old GameBoy Advance and my N64. I have over 20 PS2 games but I haven't played any of them for a while. Too busy/tired. sweatdrop  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:04 pm
Obscurus
Vanilla eXee

I'm saving up for an Xbox 360 so I can play online with my friends back home. I just moved here three weeks ago so I haven't really ventured out to find any place to do much hiking or the like. I'd probably be too tired for something like that right now anyway. xd

I have my PS2 and my GC with my games. I also have an old GameBoy Advance and my N64. I have over 20 PS2 games but I haven't played any of them for a while. Too busy/tired. sweatdrop

Congrats on the move, are you enjoying your new city? I moved from a big city recently to the middle of nowhere.

I want to save up for a new 360, similar reason. I can play Black Ops with my little brother and my friends who all live over 1,000 miles away. I always hated COD, then my brother got Blops for Christmas and I got addicted to zombies. Oh so much fun heart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:09 pm
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus
Vanilla eXee

Congrats on the move, are you enjoying your new city? I moved from a big city recently to the middle of nowhere.

I want to save up for a new 360, similar reason. I can play Black Ops with my little brother and my friends who all live over 1,000 miles away. I always hated COD, then my brother got Blops for Christmas and I got addicted to zombies. Oh so much fun heart

I'm enjoying it so far. Lots to do. I moved from the middle of nowhere to a major metro area, so kind of the opposite of you. My friends and family are about 500-ish miles away. I'd rather play Halo Reach rather than CoD, but I can play it.

Not to derail the topic, but I'm curious if there are occultists in this city. I'm certain there are but I can't find any groups online.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:16 pm
Obscurus
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus
Vanilla eXee

I'm enjoying it so far. Lots to do. I moved from the middle of nowhere to a major metro area, so kind of the opposite of you. My friends and family are about 500-ish miles away. I'd rather play Halo Reach rather than CoD, but I can play it.

Not to derail the topic, but I'm curious if there are occultists in this city. I'm certain there are but I can't find any groups online.

Not the biggest Halo fan but if it's the only thing around I'll play it. I just think it's over-hyped.

There has to be. Are you involved in any occult specific forums? I'm sure they'd be able to help. Have you tried googling "occult groups -insert city-"?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:24 pm
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus
Vanilla eXee

Not the biggest Halo fan but if it's the only thing around I'll play it. I just think it's over-hyped.

There has to be. Are you involved in any occult specific forums? I'm sure they'd be able to help. Have you tried googling "occult groups -insert city-"?

I love Halo because it's more frenetic than realistic and I like that. It's just crazy super-soldier action. I also love to abuse people online while I play. Online content is not rated by the ESRB bitches. xd

I don't belong to any specific forums related to the occult. I've avoided that because if it's anything like the occult specific guilds or forums on Gaia then I see it being more of a headache than it's worth.

The last time I looked for groups on Google I got some Dianic Wiccan types in the surrounding area but I didn't really get quite what I was looking for. I'm hoping there's a voodoo presence here like I think there is considering there are at least two shops that sells things for that within walking distance. Not that I have an interest in voodoo right now but I have a hope that those shops don't cater solely to tourists.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:32 pm
Obscurus

I love Halo because it's more frenetic than realistic and I like that. It's just crazy super-soldier action. I also love to abuse people online while I play. Online content is not rated by the ESRB bitches. xd

I don't belong to any specific forums related to the occult. I've avoided that because if it's anything like the occult specific guilds or forums on Gaia then I see it being more of a headache than it's worth.

The last time I looked for groups on Google I got some Dianic Wiccan types in the surrounding area but I didn't really get quite what I was looking for. I'm hoping there's a voodoo presence here like I think there is considering there are at least two shops that sells things for that within walking distance. Not that I have an interest in voodoo right now but I have a hope that those shops don't cater solely to tourists.

Haha, messing with people on XBL is hilarious. They're all little kids though, so that takes some of the fun out of it. My neighbors had Xbox too and we had an adjoined basement so we'd set everything up down there and have LAN parties. Those were some good times, almost made me not want to move.

You might be able to hang around in the shops and see if the people there know of any groups. There's a witch shop here, so that got me excited but it's all touristy. We do have quite a few ghost hunting groups that I considered getting involved with, but the people in them are all a lot older and mostly related, so I don't think we'd have much in common.

You would probably enjoy the Boston area. Salem is a tourist trap, but you can still find some pretty cool people that are into the occult.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:38 pm
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus

Haha, messing with people on XBL is hilarious. They're all little kids though, so that takes some of the fun out of it. My neighbors had Xbox too and we had an adjoined basement so we'd set everything up down there and have LAN parties. Those were some good times, almost made me not want to move.

You might be able to hang around in the shops and see if the people there know of any groups. There's a witch shop here, so that got me excited but it's all touristy. We do have quite a few ghost hunting groups that I considered getting involved with, but the people in them are all a lot older and mostly related, so I don't think we'd have much in common.

You would probably enjoy the Boston area. Salem is a tourist trap, but you can still find some pretty cool people that are into the occult.

I'm a long way from Boston. I'm actually in Memphis, TN. I'll consider going and hanging around some of the shops sometime. I may just need to broaden my search criteria. Right now I'm more concerned with mundane and domestic matters. Once I get settled I'll concern myself more with finding like-minded occultists.

There are a lot of kids on XBL but there are a good mix of ages in the lobbies I usually get stuck in. It amazes me that these kids will stay in the same lobby game after game instead of just leaving when they're getting hated on so hard though.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:44 pm
Obscurus
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus

I'm a long way from Boston. I'm actually in Memphis, TN. I'll consider going and hanging around some of the shops sometime. I may just need to broaden my search criteria. Right now I'm more concerned with mundane and domestic matters. Once I get settled I'll concern myself more with finding like-minded occultists.

There are a lot of kids on XBL but there are a good mix of ages in the lobbies I usually get stuck in. It amazes me that these kids will stay in the same lobby game after game instead of just leaving when they're getting hated on so hard though.

I'm a long way from Boston too crying What's Memphis like?

They probably have boring lives and enjoy the drama. When I was a whippersnapper, if someone picked a fight, it was on. I've been told I have an answer for everything.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:52 pm
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus

I'm a long way from Boston too crying What's Memphis like?

They probably have boring lives and enjoy the drama. When I was a whippersnapper, if someone picked a fight, it was on. I've been told I have an answer for everything.

Memphis is alright. I've only been here three weeks though. I like the city a lot more than I thought I would. I enjoy Beale Street even though it's kind of touristy. The downside to that is that the bars seem to be pricey.

Their lives can't be that lively if they're arguing on XBL. rofl  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:56 pm
Obscurus

Memphis is alright. I've only been here three weeks though. I like the city a lot more than I thought I would. I enjoy Beale Street even though it's kind of touristy. The downside to that is that the bars seem to be pricey.

Their lives can't be that lively if they're arguing on XBL. rofl

Bars are always pricey!! That's why liquor stores exist. wink What state did you live in before, if you don't mind me asking?

Come on man, there's nothing better in life than arguing on XBL razz Sometimes I think it's a good thing that I don't have an xbox. Then I'd never find a new job.

The Café (General Chat)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff