Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkle Motion - JULY 2012 - ON SUMMER BREAK

Back to Guilds

For Socialites, Fashionista's, and the generally Fabulous. 

Tags: Beauty, Learning, Fashion, Tutorials, Cooking 

Reply ✰Random Chat✰ - Discuss whatever you like here!
So... this one time at band camp... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:11 pm
Everything is in motion.
Everything flows.
Everything is vibrating.

No band stories. Was never in band. Was in choir, though. That was fun. But I ended up quitting after my twin copied me and joined choir as well. Stupid twins. -resists the urge to stab him in the face- Wish I did learn how to play a musical instrument.

Do you know how to play any instruments? What kind? What's you're favourite type of music to play?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:24 pm
Ooooh all the best stories begin with "one time at band camp"! biggrin

One time at band camp, our brand new director from some northern state learned why it is NEVER a good idea to practice in the rain when you are in Florida, especially on an open field while carrying around giant metal objects. Fortunately for us (and not him) Lightning prefers tall objects, such as a man standing on a director's podium, over a crowd of metal-toting kids.

He lived.

Fact: Florida has the highest rate of lightning strikes, easily beating out the states with larger landmasses such as Texas and Cali.  

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:35 pm
Every thing is a competition with this one jeez laweez...

How about one time in science camp. I .....well all I really did was home work and science experiments....it was all rather wholesome ...Hmmmm me thinks me is a dork.....

xena91388
Ooooh all the best stories begin with "one time at band camp"! biggrin

One time at band camp, our brand new director from some northern state learned why it is NEVER a good idea to practice in the rain when you are in Florida, especially on an open field while carrying around giant metal objects. Fortunately for us (and not him) Lightning prefers tall objects, such as a man standing on a director's podium, over a crowd of metal-toting kids.

He lived.

Fact: Florida has the highest rate of lightning strikes, easily beating out the states with larger landmasses such as Texas and Cali.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:44 pm
Not my fault I've lived an interesting life xd

Although sometimes I make things seem bigger than they actually are, for instance my director did get struck by lightning but it was a little tiny zap and he was standing on a wood podium so he was grounded. It scared the hell out of him but he learned a valuable lesson about Florida XD

Madame Vita

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Amy Leigh Laverick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:20 am
I can play the guitar hero guitar if that counts as an instrument  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:57 am
Everything is in motion.
Everything flows.
Everything is vibrating.

@Xena: All the best stories involves lightning strikes. But if I had been there, I probably would've been the one to get hit by lightning since I'm pretty danged tall. XD

@Madame: Yeah, I'm beginning to notice that about her as I go through the threads. XP

@Amy Leigh: In my book, it counts! High five for being awesome! -high fives-

SilentlyVicious

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:08 am
Ya ya, gang up on me why don't you. . . . . . . LOVE ME OR DIE!!! scream

Joking, joking. See Vita and I have this special partnership like Penn&Teller, I'm the loudmouth jerk and Vita makes all the magic happen. 3nodding

TheAlmightyBlueCrayon
@Madame: Yeah, I'm beginning to notice that about her as I go through the threads. XP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:39 pm
xena91388
Ya ya, gang up on me why don't you. . . . . . . LOVE ME OR DIE!!! scream

Joking, joking. See Vita and I have this special partnership like Penn&Teller, I'm the loudmouth jerk and Vita makes all the magic happen. 3nodding

Everything is in motion.
Everything flows.
Everything is vibrating.

Very nicely put. :3 I might have to quote you on that. Cx

SilentlyVicious

Amy Leigh Laverick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:56 pm
TheAlmightyBlueCrayon
Everything is in motion.
Everything flows.
Everything is vibrating.

@Amy Leigh: In my book, it counts! High five for being awesome! -high fives-

Wohoo!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:31 pm
Everything is in motion.
Everything flows.
Everything is vibrating.

I myself am a Guitar Hero player. XD
I can only play up to medium level though because my pinky locks up when I try to reach for the orange button. Cx

SilentlyVicious

SkyEvermore

Loyal Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:46 pm
Lol, band camp is fun! Except that my first year, I got terribly sunburned Dx

I play the clarinet in the high school band. Quite fun :]

I know a little of guitar, since I took a class in middle school. And then, there is Guitar Hero, as mentioned xD I'm up to middle-hard area, and few I can do on expert. I just can't go crazy fast, lol~

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:17 am
I used to be in band, never went to band camp though.
I played the clarinet, I quit after finding out that my teacher had accidentally assigned the same instrument to two people... I was one of them... x_x
Also, my mom didn't like driving me to events. I wasn't that good anyway.  

zuzehhx

Demonic Enabler

17,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

SkyEvermore

Loyal Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:31 am
zuzehhx
I played the clarinet, I quit after finding out that my teacher had accidentally assigned the same instrument to two people... I was one of them... x_x

But... wouldn't you want more than one of the same instrument though? *confused* o.0

Lol, yeah, my mom didn't enjoy driving me to the practices, so she was happy when I got my driver's license. She'll drive me to the football games, she just didn't like anything else, lol~

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:12 pm
SkyEvermore
zuzehhx

But... wouldn't you want more than one of the same instrument though? *confused* o.0

Lol, yeah, my mom didn't enjoy driving me to the practices, so she was happy when I got my driver's license. She'll drive me to the football games, she just didn't like anything else, lol~

what I meant was... two people were using the same clarinet... like the actual instrument. the whole year, and I didn't even find out till the end. gonk  

zuzehhx

Demonic Enabler

17,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

SkyEvermore

Loyal Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:37 pm
zuzehhx
what I meant was... two people were using the same clarinet... like the actual instrument. the whole year, and I didn't even find out till the end. gonk

Oooh. That makes more sense. I knew I wasn't quite understanding that, lol~ That stinks, though, and really messed up :T I think band is quite fun. Would've been nice if you stayed :]

✰Random Chat✰ - Discuss whatever you like here!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games