Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkle Motion - JULY 2012 - ON SUMMER BREAK

Back to Guilds

For Socialites, Fashionista's, and the generally Fabulous. 

Tags: Beauty, Learning, Fashion, Tutorials, Cooking 

Reply ★The Sparkle Food Network★ Post your Recipe's!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

watasefan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:32 am
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

this recipe was found at allrecipe I have modified the crust
please see Baking Tips thread for advice on baking cheesecakes

Ingredients

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
2 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.

In a saucepan, combine raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to boil, and continue boiling 5 minutes, or until sauce is thick. Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate chips with half-and-half, stirring occasionally until smooth.

In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate. Pour half of batter over crust. Spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan, and again spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan. Serve with remaining raspberry sauce.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:37 am
I have made this multiple times. It is time consuming but definitely worth the effort.
The original recipe calls for a chocolate crust but no one I have made this for has ever wanted a chocolate crust. Everyone wants a graham cracker crust.
The white chocolate taste is subtle. If you want the white chocolate to be more prominent, simply add more white chocolate chips.
For the graham cracker crumbs, just throw graham crackers into a food processor or blender for a few minutes. It makes an extremely fine powder that is perfect for making your crust.  

watasefan

watasefan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:44 am
Yes, as it has already been noted, I am a frequent visitor to allrecipe as well as the food network website, but I will never post anything I have not already tested myself, and if I discover any corrections or useful tips for that particular recipe, I will post them with the recipe.  
★The Sparkle Food Network★ Post your Recipe's!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games