Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkle Motion - JULY 2012 - ON SUMMER BREAK

Back to Guilds

For Socialites, Fashionista's, and the generally Fabulous. 

Tags: Beauty, Learning, Fashion, Tutorials, Cooking 

Reply ★News Archives★ Read News From Previous Months Here.
Spooky Motion News - October 2011 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We are going to buy you guys chat room.
The Beach
50%
 50%  [ 65 ]
The Desert
14%
 14%  [ 18 ]
The Field
35%
 35%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 128

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:35 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:49 pm
User Image

User Image
Hi sparkles it's me SMGT!

1. You may have noticed there is a different kind of poll on the news. We are going to be purchasing a chat room. which ever room gets the most votes, will be the room we purchase for the guild. Keep in mind we will be holding our holiday parties there this year so choose wisely!

2. The Holiday season is approaching quickly and that means. . . giveaways! So if you are in the giving mood, give to the guild! Please send all of your good tidings to SparkleMotionTreasurer. We love to receive unwanted items. Remember one Sparkle's trash, is another Sparkle's treasure....er..

3. 2012 is on it's way! Do you have any ideas for the New Year in Sparkle Motion? Go to our suggestion thread and leave us some notes on how to make your guild a paradise!

4.User ImageIf you see this guy telling you to talk to the hand.
Click/Punch him and the images you are not seeing will appear.
Or you can also go to account setting and change your image display settings.

SparkleMotionTreasurer
Crew

MidnightBlue9999

Gambino Medic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:10 pm
User Image

The exclusive you have all been waiting for Mr.MissSparkleMotion 2011

I am sitting here with the very first Sparkle Motion Pageant winner.
Mr.MissSparkle Motion Midnightblue9999

Hey! how's it going?

So great to see you blue How have you been?
I've been doing great. Not used to being constantly on the go mind you, but hey! Its one of the things you have to deal with when your in the position i'm in. So I take it in stride.

How has your life changed since becoming the face of SMG?
Well like I just said, I'm not used to being constantly on the go. I mean we men from Gold Beach are known for for our laid back lifestyle so yeah its quite the new experience for me. Not complaining mind you no complaints here.

What was it like competing? Did you think you would win?

I'll be honest with you, It was pretty awkward. I mean I know when the pageant director brought up the idea to compete the way I did she said not just any guy could pull the look off! But from starting out as Mr.Gold Beach to ending up competiting as Ms.Gold Beach? And you all wonder why I thought I was being punked during the whole thing.

As far winning comes? Think about it I was a man in a dress and makeup competiting against 3 gorgeous ladies, one of which kept giving me nosebleeds everytime I saw her in her swimsuit. So yeah, when I heard my name called out I pretty much had a w-t-f moment.

Are you going to be glad to give up your title next year?

Probably, I mean right now i'm having quite a blast being Mr.MissSparkleMotion and all but I know its not going to last so my goal is to make this time, my time the best time I ever had.

What will you do next?

Can't really say to be honest. I just try to live my life one day at a time and to its fullest so when the time comes and its time to move on I can say I have no regrets. Know what I mean?

Indeed we do and just as quick as he came he was gone in a flash, off to another press release another interview another photoshoot. What a year this Pageant winner must be having and to think in just 7 months we will be crowning a new Miss Sparkle Motion 2012.
I am Madame Vita and this was an exclusive interview brought to you by Sparkle Motion Guild.

User Image
With a look that simply sparkles, and a taste that feel's as it looks. This vintage is aptly named. -Midnightblue9999

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This week for our exciting Halloween edition of Avatar Talk we are featuring:

- Halloween Jack Goodies-

For many years now, Gaia's artists and developers have provided us with Halloween Jack themed event items. These cute little items have only gotten better over the years and should not be shunned for their freebie or "cheap" status when planning for your avatar's Halloween themes!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
MM 2006 MMMMMM 2007 MMMMMMM 2008 MMMMMMMM 2009 MMMMMMMM 2010MMM

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
M Jacked-Up MMMM Really Jacked-Up M Uniform Jack MM Everything Else

Aren't these items darling? Go ahead and mix and match them to make your perfect Halloween themed avatar!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

heart

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Pinko Sacredheart

Beloved Lunatic

16,150 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:52 am
User Image

Spooky Witches Fingers

User Image

Ingridients:
♦ 1 Cup butter, softened
♦ 1 Cup confectioners' sugar
♦ 1 egg
♦ 1 tsp vanilla extract
♦ (2) 2/3 Cup all purpose flour
♦ 1 tsp baking powder
♦ 1 tsp salt
♦ 3/4 Cup whole almonds
♦ 1 (.75) tube red decorating gel

Directions
Combine the butter, sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl; beat together with an electric mixer. Gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt, continually beating; refrigerate 20-30 mins.
Meanwhile preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease baking sheets.
Remove dough from fridge in small amounts. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon at a time onto a piece of wax paper. Use the wax paper or well washed hands to roll the dough into a thin finger-shaped cookie.
Press one almond into one end of each cookie this gives the appearance of a long fingernail. Squeeze cookie near the tip and again near the center of each to give the impression of knuckles.
Quick Tip: You can also cut into the dough with a sharp knife at the squeezed points to help make it more realistic.
Arrange the shaped cookies on the baking sheets, space well since the cookies will enlarge quite a bit, about twice their normal size.
Bake cookies until golden brown, about 20-25mins.
Take out of oven and remove the almond from each cookie. Squeeze a small amount of the red decorating gel into the cavity. Replace the almond and press slightly, this causes the gel to ooze out around it creating a gory effect.
Quick Tips: When you take the cookies out of the oven you can add chocolate chips to them to create "warts", this gives a nice effect and adds some flavor.
Want even more gore? Dip the other ends of the cookies in strawberry or raspberry jam or add more red gel to the ends to make it look like the fingers were pulled out.

Prep Time: 35min
Cooking Time: 20-25min
Yield: About 60 depending on cookie size

May your Halloween be tasty, scary, and fun. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:58 pm

This is a Sparkle Motion Public Service Announcement!

When planning your party outfits and costumes for this year's Halloween, please keep in mind: Just because it looks cute on an Anime character or a petite professional model, doesn't mean it looks cute on you:

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Pinko Sacredheart

Beloved Lunatic

16,150 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:30 pm

User Image

I've chosen a cooking guild to spotlight:

The Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

The guild hasn't been very active as of late but with this spotlight, they hope to gain more members and activity. Ailinea is a Vice Captain and also the leader of the guild, in charge of 1,183 members. The guild was created in January of 2006 from a branch of a previous guild that "died." The guild is designed to help both new and old Gaians learn about vegetarianism and veganism considering there are a lot of myths and misconceptions about them.

A lot of people have a hard time going vegan/vegetarian because they think they'll be missing out on key vitamins and minerals or because they believe the diets to be bland and boring. But according to Ailinea you actually don't need as much protein as an "anti-veggie" and you get most of your vitamins and minerals from fruits and veggies. And from looking at some of the recipes listed, that seems to be the exact case. Who wouldn't want to try Un-fish Fish Filets or Chunky Veggie Chili? The recipes are healthier and just as good as normal recipes with meat/fish (sometimes even better.)

There's a challenge to this type of cooking. Most people try to create their own recipes, add ingridients, and find ways to cook and use them that we normally wouldn't do. It inspires creativity. Vegan/vegetarian cooking is both easy and more challenging than cooking with normal ingridients such as meat and fish. The main challenge is to impress non-veggies. For example, there's always a mission to make tofu amazing and desserts are a big genre of recipes that vegans/vegetarians love.

Myths of being a vegan/vegetarian: Many people think that vegetarians/vegans are unhealthy, skinny, or sickly. For some, that is true, but with the right diet you feel fit, energetic, and healthy. They don't have to take a bunch of supplements either to make up for meat.

So if you are vegan/vegetarian or if you just want to eat healthier visit the Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians to check out recipes, share tips, and meet some interesting, fun people.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:06 pm
User Image

The Female Brain

We change ...and we change....and we change...and....

A female changes every day based on her cycle.
Affecting up to 80 percent of women, PMS is a familiar scapegoat. But women are affected by their cycles every day of the month. Hormone levels are constantly changing in a woman's brain and body, changing her outlook, energy and sensitivity along with them.

About 10 days after the onset of menstruation, right before ovulation, women often feel sassier, Brizendine told LiveScience. Unconsciously, they dress sexier as surges in estrogen and testosterone prompt them to look for sexual opportunities during this particularly fertile period.

A week later, there is a rise in progesterone, the hormone that mimics valium, making women "feel like cuddling up with a hot cup of tea and a good book," Brizendine said. The following week, progesterone withdrawal can make women weepy and easily irritated. "We call it crying over dog commercials crying," Brizendine said.

For most women, their mood reaches its worst 12-24 hours before their period starts. "It is not entirely an issue of free will," Brizendine stressed.

Do women have ESP....O_O?...well kinda....

Men can have the uncomfortable feeling that women are mind readers or psychics, Brizendine said. But women's intuition is likely more biological than mystical.

Over the course of evolution, women may have been selected for their ability to keep young preverbal humans alive, which involves deducing what an infant or child needs — warmth, food, discipline — without it being directly communicated. This is one explanation for why women consistently score higher than men on tests that require reading nonverbal cues. Women not only are better at remembering the physical appearances of others but also more correctly identify the unspoken messages conveyed in facial expressions, postures and tones of voice, studies show.
This skill, however, is not limited to childrearing. Women often use it tell what bosses, husbands and even strangers are thinking and planning.
Ceeeepy!

When she says she can't stand it....she means it..

Women may also have evolved extra-sensitivity to interpersonal cues as a way to avoid conflict, a state that can feel intolerable to women, according to Brizendine. The flood of chemicals that takes over the female brain during a conflict -- especially within an intimate relationship — is almost on the same order as a seizure, she explains.

Women lose sexual arousal easily

"A women's sex drive is much more easily upset than a guy's," Brizendine said.

For women to get in the mood, and especially to have an orgasm, certain areas of her brain have to shut off. And any number of things can turn them back on.

A woman may refuse a man's advances because she is angry, feeling distrustful -- or even, because her feet are chilly, studies show. Pregnancy, caring for small children and menopause can also take a toll on a woman's sex drive (although some women experience a renewed interest in sex after The Change.)

Best advice for a man looking for a little love. Plan ahead.

My Brain shrunk what happened?! You got pregnant!

Progesterone increases 30-fold in the first eight weeks of pregnancy, causing most women to become very sedated, Brizendine said. "Progesterone is a great sleeping pill."

A woman's brain also shrinks during pregnancy, becoming about 4-percent smaller by the time she delivers, according to a 2002 study published in the American Journal of Neuroradiology. (Don't worry; it returns to normal size by six months after delivery.)

Whether pregnancy causes women to think differently is controversial -- one recent study linked memory problems to pregnancy hormones -- but some researchers have suggested the changes prepare brain circuits that guide maternal behavior.

These circuits likely continue to develop after birth. Handling a baby releases maternal hormones, even among females who have never been pregnant, found researchers at Tufts University. While measured in rats, the finding offers a chemical understanding of the bonding that can occur among foster moms and children.

The study was published in the journal Developmental Psychobiology in 2004.

Once more with feeling

No one wants to go through adolescence again. Its physical changes and hormonal fluctuations not only create mood swings and physical discomfort but nagging questions about self-identity as well.

Women, however, lucky girls, get to do just that. They go through a "second adolescence" called perimenopause in their 40s. It starts around age 43 and reaches its pinnacle by 47 or 48 years old. (Men's hormones also change as they age, but not nearly as abruptly.) In addition to erratic periods and night sweats, a woman's hormones during this transition are so crazed she can be as moody as a teenager.

The duration of perimenopause varies from two to nine years, with most women leaving it behind by age 52.

This information and much more can be found at Live Science
Knowledge is power!

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

One Witchy Woman
Crew

Wrathful Mystic

37,950 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:25 pm
User Image

Gardening isn’t just for spring and summer. Autumn can be a great time to spruce up the gardens with fall friendly flowers that give great scent and color to the landscape. Some of these are mums, asters, and even daisies. Mums are a particular favorite of mine as they smell divine and come in a variety of colors. Autumn is also a good time to plant roses since it is cool enough that they can take root without burning easily like in summer, yet still plenty of time before big frosts to let them take hold.User Image

Autumn is also a perfect time to make a lot of your spring work vanish by prepping early. Take this season to plant your bulbs for spring like daffodils and tulips as well as annual seeds for flowering. They will flower even better in the spring than if you just put down plants in the spring.

The only real things to watch out for when planting your spring bulbs in fall is repeat freeze/thaws and squirrels. Just check to make sure the freeze and thaws haven't wiggled your bulbs up. In case this happens, just push them back down and put a bit more soil on top. Now, squirrels are another matter. An easy fix is to sprinkle the bed with pepper flakes. Those little buggers will stay away from your bulbs no problem,and so will the zombies.

Is your grass threadbare? Did the hot summer sun burn your lawn and give you those not so fun brown patches? Autumn is the answer. This is the time of year to lay down grass seeds and feed. It will start to grow now and once winter comes, the roots will go deeper than earlier seeding and give you a richer fuller garden next spring.
User Image
As any gardener knows, mulch and fertilizer is important, and with all those zombie parts you've got to have extra. To keep your already established plants growing strong and blooming again in the fall then don’t forget to feed them. As plants grow they use the nutrients in the soil so it is important to replace this by adding mulch and fresh soil to the ground and churning it in. Just remember to leave a few inches bare around the stalk of the plant to prevent those nutrients from yellowing your leaves or burning the stalks.

Fall is an important time for any serious gardener, but its also a great time for a novice to show off an impressive bed. So grab a spade and dig in.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:53 pm

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

We had a really great turn out last time. So many Sparkles came to enjoy the movie, we were featured on the VJ home page and many others popped in to join us!

Keep an eye out for the next movie announcement!

This month we have two fantastic movies planned for all you sparkles!

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

One Witchy Woman
Crew

Wrathful Mystic

37,950 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:04 pm

User ImageDoes your zombie smell less than fresh? Have the other vampires accused you of rolling in the Reinfield pen? Did the local werewolves say you needed a flee dip? Why not try some easy homemade perfume that YOU tailor made for yourself? Its super easy. All you need is some vodka, distilled water and the essential oils of your choice.
Perfume is made up of alcohol, water & perfume (fragrance) oil. It is a word that comes from Latin per fumum, which means "through smoke".

There are 3 major types: oriental, floral & chypre (means "very sincere" in French).

Scented ingredients used in perfume recipes include ginger, grapefruit, musk, peppercorns, mandarin peel, fig leaves, rose, watercress, bamboo, clementine, vanilla, honeysuckle, green tea & the list goes on.User Image
o Acquire the needed ingredients for the homemade perfume. You'll need four tablespoons of vodka (or ethyl alcohol), two cups of distilled water, and the fragrant or essential oils of your choice. You only need a few drops of each oil (up to ten drops) and the more oils you have the more complex the fragrance. Just be sure to complement the scents and not muddy it with too many.

o Find a dark, airtight bottle. For the purpose of making homemade perfume, a glass bottle will work best. Make sure it has a secure lid.

o Fill your bottle with the distilled water. Then add in the alcohol, the essential oil. Shake the bottle gently until all the contents fully mix. The order in which you mix in the contents doesn't matter.

o Store the bottle in a cool, dry place for 48 hours. Avoid letting sunlight get in contact with the bottle. Once the 48 hours are up, again gently shake the bottle. Use a small dab to test out your new perfume. If you are satisfied, use it as you would any other type of perfume. If you are not satisfied, you can make another batch and adjust the level of essential oils until you get it just so.
Voila, homemade perfume. Its just that easy. Here are a few ready-made recipies to try if you need inspiration.

User Image
Moonlight Perfume
The moonlight and twinkling stars will just lull you off to a most peaceful sleep. The perfect scent to create lasting memories. You will want to make this perfume again and again.

2 to 3 cups of distilled water
3 to 4 tablespoon full of vodka
5 to 6 drops of lavender oil
9 to 10 drops of chamomile oil

User Image
Falling Stars Perfume Recipe
2 cups distilled water
3 tablespoons vodka
5 drops lavender essential/fragrance oil
10 drops chamomile essential/fragrance oil
10 drops valerian essential oil
extra fine body glitter (optional)

For added effect, add a bit of extra fine body glitter to your oil mix last.
User Image

Soothing Summer Body Spray
Body spray is easy too. For those of you who prefer the body spray to the perfume here is a great recipe just for you.
It turns out that making your own body spray is really easy!
1 tablespoon witch hazel
1 teaspoon lemon essential oil (or fresh peelings)
1 teaspoon cucumber essential oil (or fresh peelings)
1 cup water
Mix all the ingredients together, shake well. Place soothing summer body spray in a spray bottle. Then allow the perfume to settle for at least 12 hours. For a refreshing cool feeling, store in fridge during hot summer weather.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:54 am
User Image

The future of profiles on gaia

User Image
As some of you may already know, I recently got a major profile overhaul. It was so awesome, and blew my mind so hard, that I decided I had to share it with as many as possible!

I was profile hoping around my friends list leaving random comments like I love to do, when I click on a friend of mine's profile, darknight_emogurl1313, and WOWIE! What is this?!! I yelled and began to panic 'cause she was so much cooler than me. I regained consciousness 5 minutes later and composed my self. I took a closer look and found a link to the right of the page. It said WIX.COM
Was that angels I herd?...maybe or maybe it was the kpop playing in the next tab over. Either way I clicked it and boy oh boy!
User Image
It was everything I could have hoped for! Tell me your wish indeed (SNSD reference) and to top it all off it's free. This had to be a dream.! But it wasn't and it still isn't Wix.com is a free web hosting site that allows you to rock the heck out of your profile's interface.
It does take effort and it will take you some time to get it how you want but the process is fun easy and well worth it.

Below is a video link that leads to a tutorial on how to install your new website to your gaia profile. It's freakin' easy too!!!!! Oh gawd I can hardly stand even talking about it I think I am gonna......(5 minutes later). Oh man I did it again..it's just so great and the custom interfacing options and the linking.....(3.5 minutes later). Ow my head....look you get the point. Unless you have no desire what so ever to rock every user who passes by your profile, then don't click the links but if you wanna rock some face and sparkle like it is so hot it will burn your leopard speedo off!, then clicky!

User Image
Link to installation video - This link goes to Youtube.
Never click untrusted links.

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

SparkleMotionTreasurer
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:16 pm

User Image
C O M I N G
N O V E M B E R

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
★News Archives★ Read News From Previous Months Here.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games