Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkle Motion - JULY 2012 - ON SUMMER BREAK

Back to Guilds

For Socialites, Fashionista's, and the generally Fabulous. 

Tags: Beauty, Learning, Fashion, Tutorials, Cooking 

Reply ✰Random Chat✰ - Discuss whatever you like here!
Fashionable Nerds! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

girrrrly

Tipsy Shopper

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:03 am
I was actually so happy about being able to join this guild, because for the longest time, I felt like I was the only one. It's hard (especially where I'm from) to find others who love forum RPs and video games as much as they love Vogue and vintage shopping. I feel like a lot of times people restrict themselves to a certain stereotype, and in turn, stereotype others - like a lot of "smarter" people auto look down on me because I am into fashion, and a lot of "cooler" people don't understand what's so great about reading or computers.

So I guess my question to you guys is, do you feel the same way? What do you love about being fashionable, and what do you love about being able to chillax and get yer nerdddddd on? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:40 am
I'm not overly obsessed with fashion trends. In fact, I fail at keeping up with them. sweatdrop But I do like looking good, but with a style that's my own.  

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:33 am
Haha, I don't really love being fashionable because I can't keep up or afford it most times but I sure do love being FABULOUS!

I love being girly and wearing bright colors, sequins, glitter, eye make-up to my eyebrows and earrings as big as my fist!

I'm a Caribbean Glam-Girl at heart! heart

Am I a geek? HELLS YEAH! My dad was a Trekkie and my mom was a soap opera fan-girl so it's in my blood. It not just fiction I geek out over too, I'm a major music nerd and can immediately separate and identify each instrumental voice in a piece of music. mrgreen

Just the other day I freaked my dad out when I started explaining the plot of Stargate SG-1 in detail while referencing each episode by name! blaugh And don't get me started on the video-games! My mom made the mistake of asking me what was so appealing about my games when she caught me replaying FFVII a second time right after playing Chrono Cross three times through. Rant, rant, rant. . . . .

Right now I'm geeking out majorly over the fact The Lion King was just re-released in theaters in 3D!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:15 am
nefret2011
I'm not overly obsessed with fashion trends. In fact, I fail at keeping up with them. sweatdrop But I do like looking good, but with a style that's my own.

That's basically my answer. I'm always looking good. ;3 And then I can nerd out like a pro! Video games, magic the gathering, d&d! I love it all. <3 Would play D&D every day after school. We had a school club devote to it. XD  

SilentlyVicious

Lady Aryana of the Seelie

Blessed Lover

7,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:51 am
lol I love reading. Fantasy, scifi, fantasy, romance, mysteries, fantasy. Oh and did I mention fantasy? Yes, I geek over reading, and roleplaying, and if I can get myself to use my lazy hands, I'd be writing alot too.

I do like looking pretty, but right now, my wardrode included three cute outfits, T's and jeans XD I wish to get cuter outfits one day. When I can afford it. Though now I have the growing urge to cosplay! XD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:15 pm
eh, I don't consider myself fashionable at all. in fact I could care less about what's 'in style'. I prefer to wear whatever I like.. but my RL wardrobe is not impressive at all. We're really poor so I've been wearing the same things nearly 2-3 years now. It's all basic cheap stuff like shirt and pants... I'd really love to dress up as I want to... I have so many outfits in my head, but I can't. Oh well, perhaps when things improve for us financially... Hopefully then I won't be too old to go parading around in crazy outfits.  

zuzehhx

Demonic Enabler

17,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

girrrrly

Tipsy Shopper

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:53 pm
nefret2011

Haha. That's the best kind! Some trends are absolutely horrendous. I think being fashionable is beyond being trendy but finding a style that's flattering and comfortable for you (: People will notice something that's not being sold in malls if a person wears it really well!

xena91388

That's badass. OMG I started freaking out about the Lion King also, I just watched the DVD recently and it reminded me of how much I love it. You definitely sound like a genius to process all that information!

TheAlmightyBlueCrayon

I've always wanted to get into D&D!! But it looks kinda hard...

Queen Aryana

YAY another book/writing nerd! Do you have any favourite books/authors??

zuzehhx

You know the funny thing is lately there's been a trend back to basics - people have been wearing plain everything. It's funny how fashion just circles around... but I am in the same boat, just a poor college student xD Where I live though there are lots of sales (you can get really nice stuff for like $5) so that's where I mostly beeline for biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:13 pm
It's actually not as hard as a person thinks. It just takes a little explaining and then its smooth sailing. Plus, you'll always have the books for references.  

SilentlyVicious

Lady Aryana of the Seelie

Blessed Lover

7,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:18 pm
Lacella
YAY another book/writing nerd! Do you have any favourite books/authors??

I love Terry Brooks's books, as well as Christopher Paolini, Mercedes Lackey, and Melissa Mar. And as for books I love the two books Dragonsong and Dragonsinger by Anne McCaffery. And then there's An Acceptable Time by Madeleine L'Engle. There are so many others I really like that, at times, it's hard to choose what all I like and who I like most. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:26 am
I love that! I'm like that too. I'm not a vintage-y girl. I'm more of a edgy-ish person myself. But yeahh. Luckily my group of friends is also full of fashion loving nerds. We talk about HP and Dyson and Fashion! It's awesome!

But yeah, it's hard to find people like that. I'm lucky. Cuz most nerds are like "Derpherp t-shirt." which I do, but still a lot of people in general really don't think about or care of what they wear.  

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200

komatachii

Bashful Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:37 pm
I've always been the kind of girl to find the fashion in mismatched clothes. I love making them look good, and show me off at the same time. And i am a major nerd. Some people have called me the queen nerd in school...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:47 pm
Me?
Well, I am a technology nerd.
I worship the Adobe suite.
I love mixing styles together
hipster, vintage, maybe even a little Gothic-Victorian era.
Whatever works, works.  

Curieux Rose

S e r i o u s - O c e a n

Golden Fatcat

13,425 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:02 am
I'm not really into fashion emotion_donotwant , My fashion consists of a tee-shirt, bed head and bare feet emotion_dowant (i know its not sanitary but i dont like stuff on my feet ow o). Thats only on normal days, Like every girl I can dress up nicely. emotion_kirakira but i'd rather not. sweatdrop . I love to read emotion_awesome . And My little sisters think I'm the smartest person in the world for it emotion_sweatdrop , I constantly remind them I'm not a genius and many others are are probably more into books then I'am emotion_eyebrow . But Im my family I'm branded the nerd emotion_0A0  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:50 am
I'm neither nerd nor fashionable, I believe. xD My brother's the nerd of my family, and my sister's got the fashion. Although when it comes to books and reading, then I can be considered a nerd. A book-nerd. But still not fashionable.  

Arrowlake Riddler

II broken_dolly II

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:41 pm
to be honest, im not the most fashionable chick ever. i typically shop for clothes that are aesthetically pleasing and flattering for my body. but as for the nerd part i can always sit down to a good book and read for hours

✰Random Chat✰ - Discuss whatever you like here!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games