Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
The Guardian Gate Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:56 pm
Not sure how the new captain feels about me advertising my "guild" it technically follows occult like research but it's more of learning if you will.
I pmed the leader about this so this thread may be taken down if the new captain doesn't like the idea of advertising my guild.

Any who, that aside; The Guardian Gate. It's basically a open guild to potential "Guardians", a guild dedicated to various forms of energy manipulation if you will.
Despite it's name, there is nothing religious involved in it, the name was merely used as to what the Guardian's mainly see them selves, they seem them selves as protectors and protect those around them. They choose to help others and value every single life.

Most whom join already come in with this ideology but other's have different thoughts. I've also invited a few critics as well because I always love seeing the mixed opinions and thoughts of others of how my guild looks to them.

Now how to qualify as a guardian?
There are two ways, the free way and the pay way.

The free way:
Simply write the following symbol on either hand, only once and only one hand. Then post your initial reaction and then your post reaction( 5-10 minutes after)
User Image

If I see potential in you, I'll pm you and tell you the likely hood. It's not an elitist test and every one's on fair grounds. (so don't feel discouraged, there is a reason why this test exists but if you truly wish to learn, you will get the chance.)

The second method is the pay method:
It can be found here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/theguardiangate/g.355277/

The pay method is standardized way of joining.

If you must know why these tests are made, either ask after your accepted or if you don't plan to join, just pm me and I will explain it in full detail.

Anyways, thank you feel your time. Any questions post below, I will look at both reactions AND questions.
(No bashing, as much as I'd love to waste time on trolls, it's pathetic and pointless... ok I take it back, I make like 300ish gold countering bashes. None the less; let's keep this thread clean, thank you.)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:35 pm
I'm going to call out the obvious and say someone likes Naruto too much.  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:42 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou

Never seen the show, never will.
Same with bleach, both of them are too long; if your questioning the origins it's based off the triskellion.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:12 pm
monckey77
Sonkurra-Taichou

Same with bleach, both of them are too long; if your questioning the origins it's based off the triskellion.

The Sharingan, as portrayed in Naruto.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Could you perhaps provide some research or an article to support the use of this symbol? Proof is a good thing.  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:20 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou
monckey77
Sonkurra-Taichou

The Sharingan, as portrayed in Naruto.
http://images.wikia.com/naruto/images/2/21/Sasuke3.jpg

Could you perhaps provide some research or an article to support the use of this symbol? Proof is a good thing.

I started with the triskellion filled in the circles as it provides to be a better energy conductor, seperated them so the tails would provide as to the point where the energy is being "sucked in" and then released to where the + sign points at ( so the top), in other words it releases at the energy in which you symbolize as the most required to you.
Progressing through my research I had look up the symbol and what it represented, your looking for an article or proof. Although I cannot provide direct proof, here is what I would consider 95% close to the trisixer.
Quote:
Hmm, I have seen this many times also but had never really known what it was. I did a quick search just now and came back with some results, but I'm not 100% sure what the answer is.

Some websites claimed it was called a Tomoe ("Toh-moh-ay", apparently; I thought it would be "Toh-moh-eh" if Japanese.) That it's buddhist or shinto, which is more likely since that's an anime character in your picture, I think.

One said the Tomoe was the triple swirls, as shown in your picture, but another said it was just the swirl; that triple swirls are sorta called Mitsu Tomoe (roughly: Triple Tomoe), and that you can get other numbers such as two or four.

The other result was the Triskelion (or Triskele, or Triade), which is of celtic origin. That seems to be a triplet of swirls, usually more whirl-pool looking than the Tomoe result, or made of legs, but one source said the Triskelion could sometimes be the same, visually, as a triple Tomoe.

One of the links (I've put them all in the sources, this one is the Sacred Symbol Uses one) listed both seperately.

All in all I'd say it's know as the Tomoe (or possibly a Mitsu Tomoe? The link I recommended said the triple one was the most common). The link says it means turning/circular energy, like the rotation of the earth, and represents the forces in the cosmos. The three flames represent the earth, the heavens, and humankind. To spiritually invoke it is to bring to your conciousness the infinitely accelerated power of the cosmos.

Sounds like something you'd see pop up in fighting anime and the like to basically say that the character is using very powerful spiritual abilities.
Source(s):http://seanrobsville.blogspot.com/2009/1…
http://seanrobsville.blogspot.com/2009/10/celtic-and-buddhist-symbolism.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomoe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triskelion

I'm glad you asked questions though.

Despite that reactions from the symbol may be different (so far with the members I've tested them on, it's all been the same, I usually test it on my self then the strongest member and following the rest before assuming it works); I hope you'd try it out rather than ask for proof, if you want proof; go try.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:37 pm
Sorry, but I had to lol a bit at someone claiming Monckey liked Naruto too much. Only a fanatic of the show would relate anything in the occult world to the show, or claim that something like this was taken from the show. I had heard a little bit about the origins of the symbol, but never seen all of this research. So I must thank you for the laugh and the goading of Monckey into posting all this information

Also, if you take notice, the bottom right "six" does not follow the pattern of the sharinggan (or however you spell it, you get the idea). I actually have always wondered why this was, it seems like the tail would point the other way to indicate the circular functions of the symbol. And then if the symbol is indeed based off of the triskellion, why wouldn't the tails point more towards the center? Of course, you then must consider how energy is redirected. In something like the triskellion, it is symbolizing the fusion of mind, body, and soul, by showing the three swirls coming together in the center as one. In this symbol, the energy flow is meant to simply be altered, or redistributed rather than unified. This is all speculation, of course, but it does bring up some interesting thoughts.  

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:24 am
Allsixcolours
Sorry, but I had to lol a bit at someone claiming Monckey liked Naruto too much. Only a fanatic of the show would relate anything in the occult world to the show, or claim that something like this was taken from the show. I had heard a little bit about the origins of the symbol, but never seen all of this research. So I must thank you for the laugh and the goading of Monckey into posting all this information

Also, if you take notice, the bottom right "six" does not follow the pattern of the sharinggan (or however you spell it, you get the idea). I actually have always wondered why this was, it seems like the tail would point the other way to indicate the circular functions of the symbol. And then if the symbol is indeed based off of the triskellion, why wouldn't the tails point more towards the center? Of course, you then must consider how energy is redirected. In something like the triskellion, it is symbolizing the fusion of mind, body, and soul, by showing the three swirls coming together in the center as one. In this symbol, the energy flow is meant to simply be altered, or redistributed rather than unified. This is all speculation, of course, but it does bring up some interesting thoughts.

Which is why the tails are inverted, it is a path for the energy to move through and rather than creating unification it redistributes the other two to the top, that being said your probably more aware of the spells capabilities all together cause you seen the lesson razz
Let's not ruin it for the newcomers  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:42 pm
monckey77

Simply write the following symbol on either hand, only once and only one hand. Then post your initial reaction and then your post reaction( 5-10 minutes after)

Simply drew it with spiritual energy since I didn't feel like cleaning it later on.
initial reaction: none
After 30-40 seconds, I noticed a preasure on my hand.
Still somewhat feeling it after 10 minutes.

Edit: the feeling stoped but I feel like I want to experience it again, kind of like an addiction..  

ChiyuriYami

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:08 pm
ChiyuriYami
monckey77

Simply drew it with spiritual energy since I didn't feel like cleaning it later on.
initial reaction: none
After 30-40 seconds, I noticed a preasure on my hand.
Still somewhat feeling it after 10 minutes.

Edit: the feeling stoped but I feel like I want to experience it again, kind of like an addiction..

Seems like a normal reaction, try it with pen. Rubbing it off just requires using water. It's more effective with a pen, as you have a more physical visual to it and get a better effect. (plus you don't have to constantly apply the effect as using energy is literally applying the effect in the form of a battery like version of the effect rather than a rub off version)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:57 am
*Join guild by paying 1k gold*
*Watch around and read stuff related to her field of studies, Psionics*
*Heavily disagree with a lot of the stuff on said guild*
*Regret paying 1k for that*
*Choose to not return to it and make note of my disagreement to others*  

ChiyuriYami

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:22 am
ChiyuriYami

The 1k is my way of making trolls resistant against joining. I'm pretty sure I invited you to the guild.
well I'm under the assumption the guild went against your religion/ views and you couldn't tolerate so you didn't bother to try the lessons.
The guild does grind against Wicca beliefs due to the fact that it is non ritual and doesn't have religious beliefs in it.
The money goes straight to the guild and doesn't touch my pockets so if your so distasted and dissatisfied like it's the end of the world, I can give you 1k. (no I'm not super rich, I just have 2k on me)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:54 am
monckey77
ChiyuriYami

The 1k is my way of making trolls resistant against joining. I'm pretty sure I invited you to the guild.
well I'm under the assumption the guild went against your religion/ views and you couldn't tolerate so you didn't bother to try the lessons.
The guild does grind against Wicca beliefs due to the fact that it is non ritual and doesn't have religious beliefs in it.
The money goes straight to the guild and doesn't touch my pockets so if your so distasted and dissatisfied like it's the end of the world, I can give you 1k. (no I'm not super rich, I just have 2k on me)

Even if we are invited, it still require to pay.

I have no particular religion and no particular faith belief but I have a pretty old background in the study of psionics and how it works.
While the first few lessons follow relatively the same generalized aspects of psionics, lesson 4 is starting to differ a lot with that I have experienced and studied for years to the point that at lesson 7 I have to heavily doubt the validity of what you are trying to teach as psionic and instead is something entirely different..  

ChiyuriYami

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:20 pm
ChiyuriYami
monckey77
ChiyuriYami

Even if we are invited, it still require to pay.

I have no particular religion and no particular faith belief but I have a pretty old background in the study of psionics and how it works.
While the first few lessons follow relatively the same generalized aspects of psionics, lesson 4 is starting to differ a lot with that I have experienced and studied for years to the point that at lesson 7 I have to heavily doubt the validity of what you are trying to teach as psionic and instead is something entirely different..

Lessons 4 is a pretty common technique, while Lessons 5 in a sense is the reverse of the technique. I'd rather not clutter this thread with sources as one source is well more than enough(scroll up if you don't understand me) and usually my sources come from multiple sections of a source and compilation or experience, if you want the sources to these lessons pm me and I will provide( to some degree, you'd be surprised how hard it is to find the correct sources you used ). Well rather than wasting my time, your better off just trying it out. Although it is not free, it is voluntary and since you paid for it, might as well try out what you bought.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:38 pm
well technically it isn't psionics. Then again, it is. I have been through all of the lessons and have had no issues of validity. Though I have also spent a great deal of time speaking with Monckey about them, which probably helped. It will be different from a lot of things, but different isn't always wrong, or bad. It is a rather different view to begin with, so it makes sense that the lessons are taught differently than the norm. But what use is learning the same thing everywhere? Maybe some people will find this material much more approachable than other stuff out there. Of course, I generally encourage people to be open minded, but I think that goes without saying in an occult guild. I applaud you for trying it, anyway.  

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:37 pm
I must agree with Sixcolors, It's technically psionics but not.

It's like a psychic path to all other forms of "wonderworking". Though I myself am too impatient nowadays to successfully do any of the lessons beyond 1, I can say that his validity cannot be questioned until tried.

It all seems to go by the original idea, and "rules" if you will, of common psionics, but takes a detour into a mysterious vocabulary tunnel before returning back to the main road to your destination.

Now if I could only focus for once in my life, I could be doing so awesome stuff or healing the sick and making a purpose out of my life. XD  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff