Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Skyward Sword Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:35 am
As far as I'm aware Skyward Sword has been released in the US now.

My first impressions: I'm a decent way through now. I'm in the pre-temple area of the third temple. Seems REALLY different from the other games to me.Tons of stuff has changed. I won't go into it because it would take ages to talk about all the changes.
Story manages to make you feel involved and actually give a ********, controls are as good as you'd expect (very good), although things where you think you'd use the pointer feel very odd, since they use the Wii Motion Plus instead of the pointer...
Dungeons seem a bit short, but there are long big open areas before each one which are pretty much dungeons without rooms and a boss.

Your first impressions?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:00 am
The IR pointer is used for secret passive resynch, as I hear.

And the bow and arrow controls are ripped right from Sports resort. I'm kinda excited for using the bow.

Wish I had my own mode of transportation. Gamestop's quite a walk away. I'd be faster to just wait for someone else to roll out of bed and eat breakfast. I wouldn't even be awake yet if two people upstairs didn't start body slamming each-other at friggin' 8 am.

CAN'T ********' WAIT.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:36 am
I have to wait until Christmas before I can play it... emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 am
My older sister had the unfair advantage of being one of the first to buy one. She works at Wal-Mart at 7:50 am (Before it even opens). There, there first 20 buyers receive a gold Wii Remote and a Zelda Soundtrack. x3  

x-D o o m K i t t a y-x

Dangerous Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

InvertedCr0sses

5,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:14 pm
I haven't gotten it yet, but am for Christmas. It looks like a lot of fun and an interesting gameplay.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:18 pm
x-D o o m K i t t a y-x
My older sister had the unfair advantage of being one of the first to buy one. She works at Wal-Mart at 7:50 am (Before it even opens). There, there first 20 buyers receive a gold Wii Remote and a Zelda Soundtrack. x3

That sucks... Every pre-order at EB Games gets the gold wiimote and soundtrack.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

x-D o o m K i t t a y-x

Dangerous Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:24 pm
That seems pretty fair sweatdrop So far the game is so awesome (obviously). I love how Link actually has some character. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:21 pm
Skaeryll
x-D o o m K i t t a y-x

That sucks... Every pre-order at EB Games gets the gold wiimote and soundtrack.
The Wiimote pack costs twenty bucks more, and I think the CDs are only going to be included while supplies last.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:49 pm
[Kegan]

And the bow and arrow controls are ripped right from Sports resort. I'm kinda excited for using the bow.

Wish I had my own mode of transportation. Gamestop's quite a walk away. I'd be faster to just wait for someone else to roll out of bed and eat breakfast. I wouldn't even be awake yet if two people upstairs didn't start body slamming each-other at friggin' 8 am.

CAN'T ********' WAIT.
no ******** can't wait  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:51 am
I'd have to disagree with the controls being good. Having to center my cursor constantly is a pain in the a**.
Rolling bombs is awkward if you're sitting down, and flying is just kind of annoying and not fun.

Good game, but Twilight Princess had better controls.
Plus, couldn't you slash while running in TP? Why would they take that out?  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

ecopper12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:45 am
I have the game, yes.

Have I played it? No.

Why? One reason:

Wii Motion Plus.

I didn't get that s**t because it was dumb. The Wii was already responsive enough for me, so I didn't think I needed it.

In order to even get to the title screen of Skyward Sword, you need Wii Motion Plus. Which I do not have.

I HAVEN'T SEEN THE TITLE SCREEN.

I'll get Wii Motion Plus, but I am thoroughly upset. This is either a cleverly used way to make Skyward Sword easier to control, or a last ditch effort to milk as much money from the Wii as possible.

Either way, you win this one Nintendo.

FOR NOW.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:51 am
How did you not know it's a motion plus game? eek  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:45 am
[Kegan]

CAN'T ********' WAIT.

Not so passive, turns out.

But that's why you don't have a mini map anymore. Clever.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:11 pm
In my opinion, the graphics were waaay better in Twilight Princess. I hate how the Rupees are so fat and they altered the "Treasure Box Opening" Theme. emotion_8c  

x-D o o m K i t t a y-x

Dangerous Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:48 pm
yea ******** PAINTINGS!!!  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]