Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Relationships
Friends with Benefits Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ReverseTheJellyBaby

Familiar Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:05 am
I'm wondering how opposed and how for people are to having friends with benefits. At the moment I have no opinion on the matter but I'm wondering what others think. Let the discussion/debate BEGIN! *waves starting flag*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:17 am
I think friends with benefits is a good thing, all though it can lead to some awkward situations. As long as you work out some boundaries it can only be a good thing!  

00Shoe
Captain

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:27 am
'Aye captain *face looks demonic and eyes glow red as he salutes(aniem style), for a joke lol*

My opinion on this is, if theres love it could be better than a real relationship lol, but they would both have to be honest and such.

But I also see how it oculd get too secretive and that could get issues later on into the relationship, but if its friends with benefits thats polygamous it could be very fun lol.

Yet, itd be a waste of life, all pleasure no advancement. When you are old you would think, wtf? Now i have no money for retirement. Yet sex would be physically healthy, i dont think overdoing it would be healthy psychologically.

But need more details maybe? It really depends on where both peopel have their lives headed, and the preferences and personality and morals etc of both partiez invovled.
Man, forums are stupid lol, no offense.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:01 am
I see nothing wrong with it and wouldn't mind having one myself. xD
I'd take a full relationship over it any day though.  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Knux_nyan

Enduring Seeker

12,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:51 am
.....doesn't matter to me there...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:23 pm
Time for me to get active again and this seems a fun place to start. My opinion on the matter is this, if neither of you have a bf/gf/whatever then it's cool, just don't get to attatched, it can lead to some awkward moments...I know this from experiance ^.^''. A real relationship is much better but sex with a friend just for fun is pretty good now and then too.  

Kaito Kajuji

Friendly Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Surfers Babe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:21 pm
I say be careful with it. If you're both on the same page then it's whatever. But if it starts looking like there more than just havin fun with each other that should be brought to attention. Sometimes there are relationships that under the pretense of being just friends flourishes without even realizing that both side feel more than originally starting out. And other times it doesn't and one side starts getting attached. It sucks, but those are the most awkward and needed "break up's" than any. I prefer cuddle buddies myself. Not as easy to get in the grey area of relationship or no.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:54 pm
Surfers Babe
I say be careful with it. If you're both on the same page then it's whatever. But if it starts looking like there more than just havin fun with each other that should be brought to attention. Sometimes there are relationships that under the pretense of being just friends flourishes without even realizing that both side feel more than originally starting out. And other times it doesn't and one side starts getting attached. It sucks, but those are the most awkward and needed "break up's" than any. I prefer cuddle buddies myself. Not as easy to get in the grey area of relationship or no.
Dude, I have, like, three cuddle buddies... They're constantly fighting over me. :/
lol jk. Actually they pretend to fight over me, but all three of them know that I'm closest to Alex. Although I'm not really sure how Kris and Smuckers feel about it... They generally tend to avoid the subject, I think.
And then there's this other guy who has a crush on me that I don't like back, and he's a jerk sometimes and threatens the guy that I actually DO like, and it's just... Aagh! Confusing! >0<  

Celtic zombie-kitten

bryceninja

2,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:36 am
well for the past two years FWB is all ive had, just straight up you-know-what three different girls and one guy and no one has complained...hell even had a three some with matt and jessica....  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:38 pm
like some people have already stated balance and boundaries are key to making it work but from my experience someone gets more emotionally invested then the other and someone gets hurt.  

mr_white19

orion senshi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:34 am
im entirely ok with it my libito actually demands it most often  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:30 am
Isn't most role playing FWB? Just saying.....  

AngellikClockwork

Tipsy Star

Equine Molly Heart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 am
I'm not as cool with this as I once was. Last year, me and another guy entered a relationship on the terms of a Friends with Benefits arrangement. It was fun. One of the more fun relationships I've had.

You know how they say sex complicates things? Well, I thought we maintained the detachment we agreed upon. Then I exclusively started dating my girlfriend.

Coming out of a relationship like that can hurt somebody, if they've decided it was more than what it seems. And honestly, I don't think he realized that he had changed the terms on the relationships, and claimed that the problem was that I never told him that I would, in the future, want to be exclusive with somebody.... Despite the fact that I had wanted us to be exclusive in the past.

I was pissed, but I honestly can't blame him. Say what you want, it was a relationship. We can't always predict that things might happen this way. I was able to at least salvage the friendship..  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:26 pm
Its alright to settle sexual urgies but it could lead to some problems later on (not all the time though). Like, if you or your mate begin to feel a little more than attraction for the other, but the other finds another that they care for. It just creates conflict of interest sometimes. But it works out most times.  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:46 pm
I guess I had a friend with benefits for a day, and then we actually fell in love with each other. (Yeah, cliche, I know. =w=)  
Relationships

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff