Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Okay, so I got a question... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:52 am
Have you ever noticed how many wolves there are in the furry fandom?

Now, being (mainly) a wolf myself, I might sound like a hypocrite. But I feel like there isn't much diversity most of the time.

But I'm not forgetting how there's still some of us that are scales, feathers, and other animals. But Wolves and Foxes kinda dominate the entire percentage/scale/thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:51 am
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/List_of_most_popular_phenotypes this kind of breaks it down  

Bush Punk

Dangerous Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200

bryceninja

2,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:04 pm
wow fox's are number one? damn i never see other Kitsune's around...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:09 pm
Do fennec foxes count as just foxes? xD  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:17 pm
See what I mean? I feel so un-creative >w<

Because my #1 is a wolf

#2 is a fox/kitsune

#3 is a Husky

#4 is a Cat/tiger/feline

#5 is a Dragon  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:11 pm
Yes. Bunnies are top ten x3 jk. But I HAVE noticed that most people would like to be a wolf. I asked a few people if they ever could be an animal. Most picked a wolf.  

Fluffeh_Toby

Devoted Friend

8,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:10 pm
I'm not sure if this counts as diverse, but I'm a wolf, and my mate is a dragon. My brother is a wolf, married to a dragoness. My sister is a vixen married to a wolf. I also know another fox, a horse, a rabbit mated with a non-fur, a panther mated to a tiger, a couger mated to a tiger[both female], and a lion mated to a hawk.

{{And yes, I'm aware that my family is a little overboard on the whole being furries thing.. but who wants to be normal anyway?? xd }}  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:14 pm
YESS!!! *fist pump*
My species made the top 20! (#16, hyenas) And all this time, I thought no one loved us... (It has been rather difficult finding others of my kind, although there have been more appearing recently.)

I am is so happeh right nao... cat_mrgreen  

Celtic zombie-kitten

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:23 am
Xd, I've actually noticed this before and not said anything, mainly because I didn't think it mattered all that much. I can't seem to think of a logical reason as to why canines take up the most space in the furry-dom. My best guess is that canines are given a lot more media spotlight as the sociable and cuddliest. There are far more ads for dogs and friendly canine cartoon characters than there are felines or other species.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:23 am
I always thought it was because wolves are pack animals, and since furries are usually supporting of each other, wolves are the obvious choice... but that's just some reasoning I did while I did a 10 (as in, ten sheets of paper, front and back) page biology essay on wolves.  

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:31 am
Tsuki7893
I'm not sure if this counts as diverse, but I'm a wolf, and my mate is a dragon. My brother is a wolf, married to a dragoness. My sister is a vixen married to a wolf. I also know another fox, a horse, a rabbit mated with a non-fur, a panther mated to a tiger, a couger mated to a tiger[both female], and a lion mated to a hawk.

{{And yes, I'm aware that my family is a little overboard on the whole being furries thing.. but who wants to be normal anyway?? xd }}

At least your family is a bunch of furs, Mine doesn't actually know the full point of being a furry. (But they adore my fursuit. "It's so cute!" ~parents)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:41 am
bryceninja
wow fox's are number one? damn i never see other Kitsune's around...
*points at her screen name* when i first joined the fandom i was a kitsune. as i got older i felt like i grew out of it. there are a ton of em around.  

Bush Punk

Dangerous Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:55 am
Guardian Wolf 117
Tsuki7893

At least your family is a bunch of furs, Mine doesn't actually know the full point of being a furry. (But they adore my fursuit. "It's so cute!" ~parents)

That is one thing, I don't know really anyone who does the whole fursuit thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:31 pm
Most of my biological family thinks I'm an idiot for being a furry. (My dad likes to ask me when I'm ever going to stop being four years old...)
But they aren't my only family. My best friend Lobo is like a brother to me, and he is a wolf/squirrel furry. Then my best chickie-friend Kat, who is like my sister (her whole family loves me, and I love them too) is also a furry, although she hasn't found her fursona yet; I like to imagine her as a panda/aardvark hybrid, though, and she loves that idea.
I also have several other friends who are furries, including Onterio the wolf, James the dragon, Ashton the zombiekitty, Marie the wolf, and Jordie the wolbit (wolf/rabbit hybrid).
I even have some enemies in my school who are furs. xp There is this dating couple of foxes (one of whom used to be my boyfriend...) who are just sort of rude jerks, but who cares?
There are several others in my school who are also furries, but I can't think of all of them at the moment; and even though we are but a small fraction, and others think we're freaky, we still stick together and take care of each other (mostly).  

Celtic zombie-kitten

aztec334

2,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:06 am
Well i'm a grey wolf, and i don't feel uncreative for being it...
I just FEEL a conection to the wolf kind, find likeness in them, and such, you know
Plus i kinda feel like a dime a dozen, so being a wolf, kinda keeps me being a dime a dozen xD
But still, find that which you have a conection or bond, hybrids are awsome too xP But i wouldn't heybridize (lol)
I like keeping it vanilla razz
But Yeah, Foxes and Wolves, most common ^^"
Gotta admit, i wish i knew of furries in RL, because i feel standing alone amoungst the crowd here ^^"  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff