Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Fan Dub Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll Whore?
  Yes
View Results

Ocean2292

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:40 am
Yes citizens of this guild, we all complain about DIC's crappy Dubbing for SM, but has anyone tried to do anything, why doesn't the fan community start a Fan Dub, the first of it's kind? With the right resorces we could do it. BELIVE IT!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:34 pm
bump!  

Ocean2292

Zahmira

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:54 pm
I know some people have done it before. Unless you are going to use something better than a mic you plug into your computer, it's not going to sound very good either.

Why not just watch it subbed?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:07 pm
Umm... like I said, right recourses.  

Ocean2292

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:58 pm
And the right resources cost a lot of cash. Most of us don't have a cash flow like that.

I agree with Zahmira. Watch the subs. They're much better than anything fans could do anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:01 pm
Well, yeh, it would still be cool...?  

Ocean2292

The Magus Sisters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:15 pm
I saw one. It was gross.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:31 am
Zahmira
I know some people have done it before. Unless you are going to use something better than a mic you plug into your computer, it's not going to sound very good either.

Watching it subbed means buying most of the Seasons.The only unlicensed series is Super S.

But no one cares and downloads 'em anyway. xd  

Twinkleh

Zahmira

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:44 am
Kawaii-Star
Zahmira

Watching it subbed means buying most of the Seasons.The only unlicensed series is Super S.

Seasons 1,2, and 5 are currently unlicensed. S and SuperS are licensed, but I think it runs out soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:02 pm
don`t worry with the dvds you can watch whatever with its original language (subs doesn't matter)  

Tsukiusada

the mindfreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:19 pm
Kawaii-Star
Zahmira

I am showing subed episodes in my profile.....if enough people start coming then I will add them at a faster pace  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:12 pm
I have the first 3 seasons and the fifth season subbed already, so I'll pass on your offer.  

Solar Kitty-chan

Twinkleh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:43 pm
I guess I was wrong about that sub-ness.

But there isn't anything wrong with making a better clear,fan-subbed version by yourself. 3nodding You just need to get them un subbed and very clear.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:06 pm
Unsubbed and clear isn't a problem. You just need to rip the DVDs and leave the subs out.  

Zahmira

Nerina Lyon

Fashionable Millionaire

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:24 pm
I participated in several Sailormoon fandubs years ago, when I was into amateur voice acting, as either Sailorneptune or Sailorsaturn. (Oh, and once as Sailormoon, now that I think of it.) Fandubs are quite fun to make, although I wouldn't say the overall quality is any better than the official dub. Although the voice talent may or may not be better, most fans involved in fandubbing lack the knowledge and the proper tools to produce a quality dub. In fact, I have yet to see a quality fandub.

Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff