Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Art Share
I wish people did Free art more often Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Earth_Alive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:47 am
And i dont mean this bullshit contests and stuff i meen legit free drawing cus they love to draw.... *frustration*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:30 pm
yeah, me too. Maybe furry art is difficult? or ppl that can draw are very busy with comissions or just lazy XD  

shaphat

Fluffy Bunny

19,750 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100

EnigmaCondemned_Llawliet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:14 pm

I know those feelings. Although humans are more difficult for me to draw then furs.

I do free art and just work for tips and only get bombarded with two or three commissions every so often, which doesn't seem like a lot of work. But I'm not online as much as I should [in order to finish them] and not offline as much as I should [in order to live my life, clean up after my older brother, and finish school with a passing grade].

I guess you could say I'm just lazy. My Rotting/But/Living friends say I should sell my art.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:31 pm
People do free art all the time! Look at the thousands of pics added to artists galleries every day!

Or do you mean directed free art, such as "Draw my character". I am sure a lot do, but an artist only has so much time.  

00Shoe
Captain

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:34 pm
Artists, such as myself, normally do art for a fee because its a market. If you think you can get profit from something, why not? I do free art for most people, but some charge fees because they have to use their supplies to create the art. Some art supplies, especially the good ones, aren't that cheap. But it all runs down to who is doing it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:13 pm
Agreed, it takes time to make it, and depending on what type of art it is, it does cost. Although I shouldn't be speaking since I am not a professional artist sweatdrop  

Just_A_Furry

Shy Friend

14,250 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Healer 50

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:49 pm
I did several freebies for kicks for st patricks day. I also like receiving freebies thing is doing a lot of freebies takes lots of time. Generally if I'm interested though sometimes I do freebies but i have to admit too many artists are over priced that's why i try to only charge 25k for the really good art because 1 mil is rediculous for decent art >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:53 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
I did several freebies for kicks for st patricks day. I also like receiving freebies thing is doing a lot of freebies takes lots of time. Generally if I'm interested though sometimes I do freebies but i have to admit too many artists are over priced that's why i try to only charge 25k for the really good art because 1 mil is rediculous for decent art >.>

MmHmm, thats correct. 1mil is just crazy. But charging is mandatory sometimes. Photoshop c5 isn't cheap. Its about 700 dollars. GIMP is free, but its such a B to use.  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:12 pm
Onato
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

MmHmm, thats correct. 1mil is just crazy. But charging is mandatory sometimes. Photoshop c5 isn't cheap. Its about 700 dollars. GIMP is free, but its such a B to use.

yeah and it depends I use gimp but i have used it for about 5 years now so i have learned the ins and outs of it for the most part. But program preference is all personal choice but I like gimp smile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:14 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Onato
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

yeah and it depends I use gimp but i have used it for about 5 years now so i have learned the ins and outs of it for the most part. But program preference is all personal choice but I like gimp smile

Ugh, I want to learn GIMP, but the only person I know that does art like me does it on Photoshop. I'll probably give GIMP as shot and try to learn it though.  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:20 pm
Onato
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Onato
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

Ugh, I want to learn GIMP, but the only person I know that does art like me does it on Photoshop. I'll probably give GIMP as shot and try to learn it though.

hmm not sure what your style is however I have made tutorials for gimp take a peek see what you think smile

tutorials

Gif tutorial

if you are ever unsure about something just ask I can help probably lol unless you are asking me a question as to this does this in photoshop what tool does that as well in gimp because some tools do the same things and some tools are different

Frankly i prefer the Lasso tool on gimp because i can control every little movement and the photoshops i used wouldn't let me do that at all...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:22 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Onato
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Onato
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

hmm not sure what your style is however I have made tutorials for gimp take a peek see what you think smile

tutorials

Gif tutorial

if you are ever unsure about something just ask I can help probably lol unless you are asking me a question as to this does this in photoshop what tool does that as well in gimp because some tools do the same things and some tools are different

Frankly i prefer the Lasso tool on gimp because i can control every little movement and the photoshops i used wouldn't let me do that at all...

Thank you!! lol my style varies from Furry to still life to crazy arse stuff lol  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:28 pm
Onato
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Onato
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Onato
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

tutorials

Gif tutorial

Thank you!! lol my style varies from Furry to still life to crazy arse stuff lol

well the latest one should be up your alley its how i make nice fur patterns also if you do smaller sized furries there is a great way to make fur change the brush type to Fuzzy click Brush Dynamics so you see a ton of other smaller options and click fade out and change it to like 20-25 pixels and make the brush size smaller it makes nice brush stokes for fur!!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:44 pm
MUST LEARN HOW TO USE DEVICES xp  

Just_A_Furry

Shy Friend

14,250 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Healer 50

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:06 pm
Onato

you tried playing with gimp yet smile  
Art Share

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces