Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Talking With Plants Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gijett

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:24 pm
The title says it all: this thread is about talking to plants. Trees, flowers, grass, bushes etc etc: all can be spoken to! You may have seen people chatting to their gardens or house plants, asking how their day was or what they thought of the weather? Well, what I want to share is very similar to that. I often speak and relax with the greenery around wherever I am, get to know it and feel what they feel. It can be a very relaxing activity what with calming your mind and listening to the world around you. For simplicity, this thread will focus on trees, since the exercise can carry over to other flora just as easily. I'll add some notes at the end of the thread.

~-----------------------------------------------------~

Now, if you search for "how to talk to trees" you'll most likely come upon a very similar methods of reaching out, finding a comfortable tree, talking with it, then finishing with a thank you to the tree. It's very basic and flexible, so lets get it to it!

To start, find somewhere nice to sit. A calm and quiet setting is often best when you start out. If you'd like to sit right next to the tree you wish to speak with, sit against the trunk or just beside it. Bring a little fold-out chair or blanket if you don't want to sit in the dirt/grass.

Next, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Slow down your thoughts and just listen. Doesn't have to be focused on anything in particular, just take the time to listen to everything.

Once you've relaxed enough, try to 'reach out" to the tree with you're thoughts. Imagine speaking to it like a person, reaching out with your arms; anything that works for you. Feel around for the presence of the tree and if you find it, hold on to the feeling.

Some trees are not talkative or are just not in the mood to chat, so don't worry if you don't get a response. If you do, or get the feeling of some form of acknowledgement from the tree, try to greet it. A simple "hello, how are you?" will do just fine. You can talk entirely with your mind if you don't want other people to notice, but talking aloud is fine, too. Go on and ask questions, tell it about what is going on around the world, whatever you'd like. When finished, say goodbye and thank the tree for the chat. Release the contact, take a big breath, exhale, and open your eyes. You're done!

~-----------------------------------------~

Some notes:

~Tree's more often that not don't use words or language, but senses and feelings to communicate. For example, If you keep getting a happy emotion or the image or someone walking instead of words, the tree isn't trying to confuse you, it just talks like that!

~I've found that really really old trees and very young trees are difficult to talk to. I don't know if it's because they kind of go "deaf" as they age or if they are something like babies and have a hard time communicating when they are just starting. I'd start with well developed trees that aren't to big.

~Seasons affect all plants. They go dormant or die off to the roots in the autumn/winter, start waking up in the spring and really get going in the summer. I'd avoid trying to chat up flora when things start getting colder and suggest spring and summer instead. Much more comfortable seasons, anyways.

~Different people will feel different things when talking to plants. For example, I find grass and moss quite clingy, while flowers are either snotty or introverted.

That's about all I got for this! If you try it out, tell me how it went and if you have any questions I'll try my best to answer them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:34 pm
Hmmm....I do tree communication, but I've never tried grass or anything before. Thanks for posting!  

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

josh of earth2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:20 pm
interesting i prefur to ki sence their energy or use telepathy but i prefur native plants. more dpwn to earth (pun entended)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:08 am
josh of earth2
interesting i prefur to ki sence their energy or use telepathy but i prefur native plants. more dpwn to earth (pun entended)

What do you mean by "native plants"? Indigenous species to the area?  

Gijett

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:37 pm
I used to talk to my allow weekly while i cleaned it's (well their, she had lots of kids) home. I used to talk to the bamboo that was living with them but well it wasn't very friendly. Pretty sure it was pissed about the cold and being potted. But the aloe and i loved to talk. She hasn't talked me since mum made me move her offspring to other pots though.....might be mad at me o_O
I've never talked with a tree before. Well i have but like one sided talking. I think it'd be interesting. Trees(plants) are probably like humans. When they start out, everything adjusting and they learn to understand and communicate with those around them, but as they age their growth slows down and so does their 'mind'. So we may just be to hyper for older trees so they don't wanna talk, or like the dragons in the inheritence series, they just become unable to communicate normally as their mind slows down so we can't understand their efforts. That's my opinion anyway  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:05 pm
Sounds interesting,maybe if I tried talking to my plants they would stay alive longer sweatdrop . I can tell when strange plants are happy or crying out for help but never my own..  

MairuiMarie

8,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

josh of earth2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:14 pm
Gijett
josh of earth2

yes, but im more fluent with animals.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:54 pm
BSPBleach
I used to talk to my allow weekly while i cleaned it's (well their, she had lots of kids) home. I used to talk to the bamboo that was living with them but well it wasn't very friendly. Pretty sure it was pissed about the cold and being potted. But the aloe and i loved to talk. She hasn't talked me since mum made me move her offspring to other pots though.....might be mad at me o_O
I've never talked with a tree before. Well i have but like one sided talking. I think it'd be interesting. Trees(plants) are probably like humans. When they start out, everything adjusting and they learn to understand and communicate with those around them, but as they age their growth slows down and so does their 'mind'. So we may just be to hyper for older trees so they don't wanna talk, or like the dragons in the inheritence series, they just become unable to communicate normally as their mind slows down so we can't understand their efforts. That's my opinion anyway

Heh, bamboo plants are usually in warmer areas and have extensive root systems, so being in a cold confined pot is not very pleasant.

One thing to note, at least in my experience, is that trees work on so many levels the too hyper idea could apply to all trees. You could just be another squirrel nattering away for all they know.  

Gijett

Gijett

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 pm
MairuiMarie
Sounds interesting,maybe if I tried talking to my plants they would stay alive longer sweatdrop . I can tell when strange plants are happy or crying out for help but never my own..

Maybe! Make sure to read up on the plants to find out what soil or temperatures the species usually likes, and go from there. If you have all their planty needs taken care of, they might enjoy a chit chat.

Define strange plants for me?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:59 pm
josh of earth2
Gijett
josh of earth2

Really? Huh, I find it harder with animals.  

Gijett

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:20 pm
Gijett

Heh, bamboo plants are usually in warmer areas and have extensive root systems, so being in a cold confined pot is not very pleasant.

One thing to note, at least in my experience, is that trees work on so many levels the too hyper idea could apply to all trees. You could just be another squirrel nattering away for all they know.
yeah i know. My family's fine the north so we like it cold. And we're a family of six living in a three bedroom house. So my precious plants don't get enough space or heat. I've designed a heated planter box but i can't solve the space issue so for now the darlings will just have endure. And try not to like....plant kill me or something >.>  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:23 pm
BSPBleach
Gijett

yeah i know. My family's fine the north so we like it cold. And we're a family of six living in a three bedroom house. So my precious plants don't get enough space or heat. I've designed a heated planter box but i can't solve the space issue so for now the darlings will just have endure. And try not to like....plant kill me or something >.>

Thank goodness for their lack of coordinated limbs and busy photosynthesis schedules!  

Gijett

MairuiMarie

8,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:18 pm
Gijett
MairuiMarie

Maybe! Make sure to read up on the plants to find out what soil or temperatures the species usually likes, and go from there. If you have all their planty needs taken care of, they might enjoy a chit chat.

Plants I see outside the home,like in garden centers,botanical gardens. Any plant not in my home or garden I call a strange plant (like how you call someone you don't know a stranger).  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:02 pm
MairuiMarie
Gijett
MairuiMarie

Plants I see outside the home,like in garden centers,botanical gardens. Any plant not in my home or garden I call a strange plant (like how you call someone you don't know a stranger).

Ah I see! An odd way to put it, but it's neat!  

Gijett

josh of earth2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:03 pm
Gijett
josh of earth2
Gijett
josh of earth2

Really? Huh, I find it harder with animals.
yep its a mild talent  
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games