Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Fanfiction & Fanart
my fanart, changed title of thread Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanith_4486

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:56 am
Here.http://www.geocities.com/swordbunny4486/magusa.jpg

Sailormoon thing by me... not very nice, but okay... I was trying to see if her face could fit a cover of a mag...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Tanith_4486

monkeybite

5,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:08 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:55 pm
you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. it takes a lot of hard work and time to get better. you're getting there don't worry too much about it.
i should tell you though that i graduated in art.  

Sailor Jupitere

Tanith_4486

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:13 am
monkeybite
User Image
cool  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:33 am
i can see you tried to do a kind of realism picture. the thing that pushes me to that conclusion is the way you drew the nose.
if you did try to draw realism. i would suggest to start with pencil.
and buy these books( i swear they're like a bible to me and not very expensive):
-Bridgman's Life Drawing(the book is green)
-An Atlas of Anatomy for Artists by Fritz Schider (the book is blue)
-George B. Bridgman Construction Anatomy (the book is orange)
they vary between 6$-12$ american.

but if you were trying to draw anime...i do not suggest buying how to draw anime books *twitch twitch* What a waste of money....trust me!
i just have my animation books. and of course....the books that i mention on the top...those help too still with anime. a bit less though, cauz anime is weirdly proportioned...but it still does help.

as for your drawing itself. it's a nice try to draw sailor moon. noses are hard to draw....i know, it's the thing i have the most difficulty to do.
i don't know what exactly to comment on...but i can give you some cc's to help you improve if you want.(you can just ignore the bottom part if you don't want to hear it) sweatdrop

the head should be smaller to match the body portion. the nose is too large, try making smaller. the nose should end at the end of the bottom of the ear. the ear should be higher, the top of the ear should be at the same level as the eyes. the eyes are at the right level. the top of the head shoul be higher. the bun that's on top of her head should be more on the side.
this is the part where i'm going to include the books that i suggested. The skull... on a 3/4 view you can see the back of the head. that part is missing from your drawing.
the neck shouldn't be on an angle. it should come straight down. the torso is too thin. the lenght of her upper arm is too short. the elbow should go down to the pelvis.
i know the last line might sound ridiculous, but if you stand up and put your arms against you on each side of your body, you'll see what i mean.

don't take my cc's as an attack against you...cauz it's not. from you personnally, you're really nice and i wouldn't want to attack you EVER!!!
(sorry, sometimes people freak at me when i do this)
but generally, it's a good sketch. wink  

Sailor Jupitere

Tanith_4486

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:38 pm
megamishizun
i can see you tried to do a kind of realism picture. the thing that pushes me to that conclusion is the way you drew the nose.
if you did try to draw realism. i would suggest to start with pencil.
and buy these books( i swear they're like a bible to me and not very expensive):
-Bridgman's Life Drawing(the book is green)
-An Atlas of Anatomy for Artists by Fritz Schider (the book is blue)
-George B. Bridgman Construction Anatomy (the book is orange)
they vary between 6$-12$ american.

but if you were trying to draw anime...i do not suggest buying how to draw anime books *twitch twitch* What a waste of money....trust me!
i just have my animation books. and of course....the books that i mention on the top...those help too still with anime. a bit less though, cauz anime is weirdly proportioned...but it still does help.

as for your drawing itself. it's a nice try to draw sailor moon. noses are hard to draw....i know, it's the thing i have the most difficulty to do.
i don't know what exactly to comment on...but i can give you some cc's to help you improve if you want.(you can just ignore the bottom part if you don't want to hear it) sweatdrop

the head should be smaller to match the body portion. the nose is too large, try making smaller. the nose should end at the end of the bottom of the ear. the ear should be higher, the top of the ear should be at the same level as the eyes. the eyes are at the right level. the top of the head shoul be higher. the bun that's on top of her head should be more on the side.
this is the part where i'm going to include the books that i suggested. The skull... on a 3/4 view you can see the back of the head. that part is missing from your drawing.
the neck shouldn't be on an angle. it should come straight down. the torso is too thin. the lenght of her upper arm is too short. the elbow should go down to the pelvis.
i know the last line might sound ridiculous, but if you stand up and put your arms against you on each side of your body, you'll see what i mean.

don't take my cc's as an attack against you...cauz it's not. from you personnally, you're really nice and i wouldn't want to attack you EVER!!!
(sorry, sometimes people freak at me when i do this)
but generally, it's a good sketch. wink
thanks, but i knew that already and as for those books, never seen them before or heard of them. I was going for a surreal-anime- realistic look.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:41 pm
Uhm... could you also separate your comments like:
the realistic pic:
write comment
------------------
the anime-looking one
write comment  

Tanith_4486

Sailor Jupitere

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:58 am
insane_swordbunny4486
Uhm... could you also separate your comments like:
the realistic pic:
write comment
------------------
the anime-looking one
write comment

sorry, i just went all out all at the same time. i would seperate it, but it's the same comment on both styles. so, i'll just leave it as it is right now sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:47 am
very confusing to me though. Oh but what do you think about the words for the anime- ish one?  

Tanith_4486

Sailor Jupitere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:53 am
i like the words. a bit hard to read though...cauz of the picture in the back. if for the future you do a picture with words in the front. having the picture with less opacity would help or really make the words stand out. purple really blends in...it's often used to do shadows on a picture. brighter colors would make the lettering stand out more.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:11 am
thank you. do you think the picture matches the words?  

Tanith_4486

Sailor Jupitere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:57 am
yes i does match the picture....if you know who she is  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:39 am
Thanks for your comment. I would also like to explain about the picture.Usagi is in the picture and the words refer to her sad looks even when her friends are around when Mammoru is not... uhm yeah... that is it.  

Tanith_4486

Sailor Jupitere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:22 pm
insane_swordbunny4486
Thanks for your comment. I would also like to explain about the picture.Usagi is in the picture and the words refer to her sad looks even when her friends are around when Mammoru is not... uhm yeah... that is it.

i got it. i meant....other people who don't know sailor moon sweatdrop  
Fanfiction & Fanart

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces